60th Royal American Rifles [EU] Recruiting

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody excellent. As ex-commander of the old 60th, I wish you good luck! I might have some photoshop left over if you'd like it.

Thanks for the compliments gents.

Murphy77 said:
Bloody excellent. As ex-commander of the old 60th, I wish you good luck! I might have some photoshop left over if you'd like it.

Don't worry we'll do you proud :wink: and I've got the photoshop stuff covered :smile:

picton2.png

The 3rd Division is an army focused on discipline,skill and above all,
ensuring our members have a good time. Unlike the more historical
army however all of our Colonels have an equal say here with everyone
giving in their opinions of how we can ensure our regiments become the
best on the battlefield. Additionally all Division decisions are decided not
However,we will not necessarily recruit just any regiment. We as a rule
of thumb only recruit regiments of a good size with dependable commanders.

staffbanner.png

Commanding Officer Lieutenant General Sir Thomas Picton

88th

Major General Joe Kerr 
Major Neo
Captain Alexander Shar
60th

Colonel Peter Broetz
Captain Edmund Phipps
Captain Hector Field
87th

Lieutenant Colonel Bell
Major Stewart
Lieutenant Rosas

17th

Captain Jammy
Lieutenant Tikki
17th

Captain Jammy
Lieutenant Tikki
Aide De Campe James Grant

3rddivline.png

88thberesford.png

[size=6pt]88th Colonel William Carr Beresford

88th Regiment of Foot
'Connaught Rangers'
[/size]

The 88th Regiment of Foot is a line regiment dating back to the elder days of Mount & Musket. The 'Rangers' like to focus on playing in a historically realistic manner, relying on discipline and a stern command structure. Yet they are still a close knit and friendly bunch.

Led by Colonel Joe Kerr they bring about 25 men to each event.
[td]______________________________________________

87thdoyle.png

[size=6pt]87th Colonel John Doyle

87th Regiment of Foot
'Royal Irish' Fusiliers

The 87th Regiment of Foot is a foot regiment focused on swift line formations, crisp vollets and brutal bayonet charges. Led by Lieutenant Colonel Bell they are a disciplined lot who have faced off many a fearsome frenchman. Hosting both EU and NA companies they fight frequently protecting the possessions of his Majesty George III round the clock.

Led by Lieutenant Colonel Bell they field about 25 men per event.
[/td] [td]______________________________________________

32ndcampbell.png

[size=6pt]32nd Colonel Alexander Campbell

17th Leicestershire
Regiment of Foot
[/size]

The 17th Regiment of Foot is a line regiment born from the ashes of the old 51st Regiment, one renowned for exemplary personal skill and discipline. It's descendant the 17th bears no less than the 51st with fine leadership, excellent discipline and startling teamwork.

Led by Captain Jammy they bring about 20 men to each event.
[/td]​

3rddivlight.png
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

60thyork.png

60th Colonel Frederick Augustus, Duke of York
60th Regiment of Foot
Royal American Rifles

The 60th is a disciplined regiment focusing on Skirmishing and fine marksmanship.
The 60th hosts two companies. The first 'Peninsula' company led by Peter Broetz
is based in Europe and holds two platoon. The first platoon, playing as Rifles is
comprised of the best shots of the regiment. The 2nd platoon however plays as
line infantry, here men can learn how best to skirmish and if they prove themselves
they may find themselves in the more distinguished rifles platoon. The 2nd 'Colonial'
coy is based in North America and led by Captain Hector Field.

A history of the 'Fighting 3rd', formation to Toulouse.

The Third Division of the British army was formed in the year 1809 by Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington to supplement the Anglo-Portuguese army. Placed under the command of Sir Thomas Picton the division soon gained the moniker of 'The Fighting 3rd'. The third incidentally contained three brigades. The 1st Brigade was commanded by one Major General Thomas Brisbane, this brigade contained the 1/45th Nottinghamshire, 74th Highland, 1/88th and 3 Coys 5/60th Royal American regiment of foot. Command of Pictons 2nd Brigade was given to Major General Charles Colville with 1/5th Northumberland Fusiliers, 2/83rd Dublin, 2/87th Prince of Wales Irish and the 94th Regiment of Foot.
Powers Portuguese Brigade however was a much more motley affair with some of the less professional (by British standards) portuguese regiments, the 9th and 21st foot and the 1th Cacadores.
It is an unfortunate truth however, that Wellesley never bestowed upon Picton the confidence shown to Beresford, Hill and Crauford. Nevertheless Picton earned a fine reputation of being extremely punctual and extremely thorough, never deviating from his set orders yet always following them to his best ability, to the letter. An example of Pictons stern attitude was an event on the river Coa in July 1810. Craufords foolishly got his division involved in an action against the French, Crauford had found himself surprised by Marchal Neys division of 20,000. Crauford decided to fight regardless of being hopelessly outnumbered with an unfordable river at his back. Picton, being closest with the 3rd stalwartly refused to assist in keeping with Wellesleys orders of avoiding engagement.
It was not however until the battle of Busaco in September of the same year. Here he had a plain duty, that of repulsing the French attack, and he performed that duty with a skill and resolution, which indicated his great powers as a troop-leader.
A few months later Picton and the third once again excelled at the Battle of Fuentes de Oñoro, Here the 3rd Division with some of the 1st Division pushed forward in a counter attack after the French ousted them from the town and successfully pushed forward until the French were forced back from the town. This final effort secured the British victory by plummeting French morale.

In the first operations of 1812 Picton and Craufurd, side by side for the last time, stormed the two breaches of Ciudad Rodrigo, Craufurd and Picton's second in command, Major-General Henry Mackinnon, being mortally wounded. At Badajoz, a month later, the successful storming of the fortress was due to his daring self-reliance and penetration in converting the secondary attack on the castle, delivered by the 3rd Division, into a real one. He was himself wounded in this terrible engagement, but would not leave the ramparts, and the day after, having recently inherited a fortune, he gave every survivor of his command a guinea. His wound, and an attack of fever, compelled him to return to Britain to recoup his health, but he reappeared at the front in April 1813. While in Britain he was invested with the collar and badge of a Knight of the Order of the Bath by the Prince Regent George, and in June he was made a lieutenant-general in the army.
At the Battle of Vitoria, Picton led his division across a key bridge under heavy fire. According to Picton, the enemy responded by pummeling the 3rd with 40 to 50 cannon and a counter-attack on their right flank (which was still open because they had captured the bridge so quickly) causing the 3rd to lose 1,800 men (over one third of all Allied losses at the battle) as they held their ground. The conduct of the 3rd division under his leadership at the battle of Vittoria and in the engagements in the Pyrenees raised his reputation as a resolute and skilful fighting general to a still higher point. Early in 1814 he was offered, but after consulting Wellington declined, the command of the British forces operating on the side of Catalonia. He thus bore his share in the Orthez campaign and in the final victory before Toulouse.
On the break-up of the division the officers presented Picton with a valuable service of plate, and on 24 June 1814 he received for the seventh time the thanks of the House of Commons for his great services. Somewhat to his disappointment he was not included amongst the generals who were raised to the peerage.

The 'Fighting 3rd' did indeed find itself at Waterloo, albeit under a new commander and with none of the same regiments.
picton3.png

Joining the Fighting 3rd

Regiment
Generally the 3rd Division is an invite only division, however
we do understand that it is easy for a young regiment to go
unnoticed. If you should like to join the Division,simply send
a private message to myself. You shall be given a short form
to fill in based upon which the Division staff shall make a decision.
If successful you shall be placed on a two week probationary
period before made a permanent member of the Division.

NOTE:We are currently scouting for British cavalry and artillery regiments.
                                        Individual
If you are an individual wishing to join the Division,
simply fill in the form. From there you shall be
assigned to whichever regiment fits your needs the
most.

Steam Name:
Can you be active?:
Previous Regiment Experience:
Shooting ability (1-10)*:
Melee ability (1-10)*:
Preferred Regiment:
(*One being lowest)

Good thread and nice to see such a very detailed history presentation! :grin: Good luck with your regiment Peter! :wink:

Spartan (2nd Coldstream) said:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=235557.0

Thanks Spartan but to be quite frank it is quite clear we hold the right to the name.
Why?

1.Our thread is in the regiment sub-forum,his never made it thus far and as such holds little legality.
2.The colonel has not been active since the 29th of June.
3.Odds are that regiment died as soon as it started.

Many thanks for alerting us to this clear conflict of interests,but if he wants our regiment to fight his over the name...then he's welcome.

jezza93 said:
Spartan (2nd Coldstream) said:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=235557.0

Thanks Spartan but to be quite frank it is quite clear we hold the right to the name.
Why?

1.Our thread is in the regiment sub-forum,his never made it thus far and as such holds little legality.
2.The colonel has not been active since the 29th of June.
3.Odds are that regiment died as soon as it started.

Many thanks for alerting us to this clear conflict of interests,but if he wants our regiment to fight his over the name...then he's welcome.

Just making sure you knew  :grin:

I'm a bit late but here is my good luck to you. You have a really nice thread, that's impressive these days. Hope to see you on the battlefield someday!

1thecop said:
I'm a bit late but here is my good luck to you. You have a really nice thread, that's impressive these days. Hope to see you on the battlefield someday!
Thanks very much !  :razz:

1thecop said:

Hey it's my good friend cop! Not seen you since that fun siege we had :grin:

Ingame name- Ardamir
Steam Name- randomdatin17
Age- 18
Timezone- GMT +0
Will you be active?- Very active
Previous Regiment Experience- This would be my first regiment, although I have been playing M&B religiously for the last week or so, and am very interested in joining a skirmisher regiment. I am also very interested in Napoleonic history :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom