"Adventures of Ascalon" Map Project by Marshal_Highrise

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

Adventures of ascalon is a new map project by Marshal_Highrise, whom some of you may know from his time as admin on the persistent_eu_roleplay server.
The majority of the map is finished, but it is still a work in progress. It is created specially for a new roleplaying server (Details of which, shall be released in the near future. :wink: ) Marshal and myself have been working on in the past few weeks. Marshal has even written a nice and short background story for the map to make it easier to roleplay on.

I will leave it to Marshal himself to reveal further details on the map, as it was not supposed to be released to the general public before it was "Perfect" (His words.)

Recent events however have forced me to make this thread (in his stead as he did not have time for it today, anymore). It appears some mappers don't shy to show up in our server uninvited, to announce he has downloaded and been editing the map for himself. Sadly, I could not persuade him to stop editing marshal's unfinished map and therefore I felt the only thing I could do was to post the chatlog of the entire conversation here. I hope that this will prevent Marshal from being accused of plagiarism of his own map.

Note: Needless to say, Marshal was less then happy when he realised what was happening and therefor he may seem like a bit of a... well a jerk, really... in the conversation. I can assure you that normally he is not like this at all.

3FABE6E69EA8E881AF14A8AA5F4A0F86168B2113
647F3A70A5836516AC0E677396061EF08058A219
AAF53AC2496FE8E12041D26229AC3EA01E88B2E5
F48FDE13F40474E4417613EAA62E51EA21797649

I hope that will convince you guys that if you see a variant of this map used, it was Marshal_Highrise who created it and all credit should go to him.

In the coming days we may post some screenshots of the map so far and we will keep you guys up to date about Marshal's progress with the map.
I a sure Marshal himself will pop in to say "hello" on this thread himself as well.

As for now, off to bed. Good night everyone.

What a ****, but next time I suggest you level your map testing server passworded at all times otheerwise you get assholes like that pissing over you.

Anyway good luck with the map and I hope it turns out perfect :grin:

Yeh, that's what I told marshal as well. The password thing that is.
But he was a little nervous that he would get screwed over after all those hours of work so I promised to make this post to put his mind at ease.  :wink:

Some people are really silly when they get behind there PC monitor and this guys know that there is nothing much you can do to him so he thinks he is smart but smart Blitz has sorted it now, everyone will know its marshal's map.
(Silly trolls)

If he try to release your scene publicly, you can report to the moderators and they will close his topic and ban his account if you show enough proof to convince the moderators. If I see a variant of your scene I'll report it. Good luck with the scene.

Pilfering scenes is hardly new news. I vaguely remember someone else doing something similar to RCC a long while ago.

Oh, yeah. I'm sure it happens all the time. The thing is that this map wasn't finished yet and so he may just mod it to look like an entirely different map...

Thanks for all the support and help though, Marshal appreciates it too. Saying it really put his mind at ease.
The map is now getting closer to completion everyday and I hope to get it online before the end of the week. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom