New map being made, need help / suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

VVyrd

Knight at Arms
So basically what the title says. I'm making a new PW map, my first serious map project (All the others maps I tried to make were little stupid things to improve my mapping a bit + do something when I'm bored).

I need help on which things to improve, add and delete, etc.
Keep in mind that there's still A LOT of work to do with the map, and the progress is way slow. The map is, moreless, about 15% - 20% done.

Images

Bird view:
WuOk

Outpost:
WuQh

One castle walls:
WvKU
WvLr
WvLI

Some few houses near the iron cave:
WuU4

Iron cave:
WuVc
WuVm

Village farm:
WvGf

Island:
Water looks bad in editor...
WvI0
WvIb
WvJ9
WvJX

Random pics:
Wv5m
WvGW
WvKt

Legolan said:
Needs a Lemon Farm

agreed. on a serious note, since you're in our team Cid. I'll give you dropbox info tommorow, put the sco file in there + gimme' le' scene code in steam and I'll give you proper tips :wink:

Try smoothening the terrain, jagged terrain looks unrealistic. And mix the textures a bit more so that they blend nicely by decreasing hardness/weight etc.

Z0mbiN3 said:
One castle walls:
WvKU

1.The wall prop with the wooden stands 'roof', ditch that, stick a gatehouse there.
2.get rid of the ladders, level the other part land and scale a drawbridge from the gatehouse.

3. when you upload your images in your spoilers (the images are massive) try

4. When taking screenies in editor mode, toggle with the H key to hide barriers / load water textures, makes for prettier screenies :razz:

Back
Top Bottom