Loss due of Tax ineffiency

Users who are viewing this thread

Riqposso

Regular
Every week I lost about 18000 denar because of tax ineffiency
How Can I get that Money?
İs it about my minister or something?

AFAIK you cannot prevent this from happening. It's simply a game mechanic depicting the inefficient administration in medieval times. And for game balance reasons it prevents the player from being op too soon in game.

There is a mod in which your chamberlain can fix this...damn..forgot what it was
EDIT: there it is:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,116424.0.html#post_mods

Is this a game balance issue or an error that we can fix?
If it is a game balance issue , I don't want unfair advantage

Tax inefficiency comes from the amount of fiefs you have. The more of them you have, the higher the inefficiency(it triggers from second or third fief). You can tweak the inefficiency in the mod options.

It's not a bug....

Exactly, you lose 40% or so due to corruption and theft in your administration. There are no efficient accounting/administration system back in the old days... money tend to get lost when it has to travel a significant distance or if it's passed through a significant bureaucracy.

bobknight said:
Exactly, you lose 40% or so due to corruption and theft in your administration. There are no efficient accounting/administration system back in the old days... money tend to get lost when it has to travel a significant distance or if it's passed through a significant bureaucracy.
have you tried an online international bank transfer recently? (depending on financial institution) they take commission on both ends plus a fee. pretty medieval.

:grin: I know what you mean. Cost me a grand to send something ilke $700 to a bloke in Ukraine (actually on second thought, it might have something to do with the exchange rate.  :oops:)

Heh, check out my most recent tax report:
Ai0Na.jpg

Feudalism does not work if you don't have any vassals :razz: The effect stacks up by the way. The more fiefs you have, the bigger the loss due tax inefficiency. I should do some other negative effects from such large domains... hmm

As long as you add an option to periodically chop the hands off everyone in the bureaucracy and tax collection business throughout your kingdom in order to "encourage" a bit more honesty.
It wouldn't be as bad if your lords kicked you up a portion of their "taxes" if you gift them fiefs, or if the idiots did not take insult every time anyone else gets a fief.
As it is if you have a number of lords and take towns and castles they all grow to hate you after about 10  victories because you only gave them everything they own, instead of giving them even more.
If you have few or no lords a bunch of abacus jockeys **** you over.
I simply wish to kill many of them, as an example to others. Is that so wrong? (don't answer, or I'll kill you).
It's not like I was elected, or actually need any of them.

I'm proposing that once a year or so you can purge your tax collection people, bringing down the "inefficiency".
It would creep back up, and perhaps the purge would hit your relations with fiefs or lords, but lets be honest, even if the towns love me they still rob me blind, and the lords give me ****-all, monetarily.
So for a time you'd actually get what's yours from your fiefs rather than pay to own them.

Haha, no.... I'd rather do the other way around to encourage to give away the fiefs. It's suppose to be historical mod, when feudalism was a HOT thing. Various rebellions(and not the silly peasant ones) when you have too many fiefs to encourage to give them away would be a good start :razz:

The inefficiency comes not from lazy tax collectors, but from the big bureaucracy system that should come with it. So some taxes never gets collected, some are not accounted, ect. So purging your experienced tax collectors, should only make the inefficiency higher.  :lol:

Tommy, I believe your lords hate eachother because they have different personalities. If you find the ones who think alike, they should be okay with eachother. (I _only_ recruit the super honorable ones... if I recruited at all).

Dr. Thomas: I know, and the tax system is kicking my ass... but the strategic value it creates is too much to give up. I want to be able to hit any spot on the map and be able to reinforce. Not to mention the ability to be as dastardly as I want with no fear of reprisal(no lords). I've been running a deficit whenever I have a war going on... and the only way I have managed to stay semi afloat is by stripping the inner colonies to the bone, most have 'small' or 'very small' garrisons.

bobknight said:

Double entry book keeping and joint stock companies had their beginning in Venice and some states on the Italian peninsula at roughly this time. William the Conqueror (or the Bastard) or Edward I would not have tolerated a loss of 40% of revenue. The Domesday Book reflects a desire for efficiency of sorts. If certain factions like England could get an efficiency bonus to reflect that their level of organisation was higher, than say, Capetian France, that might be accurate. Smaller factions like an Italian city that would have been ruled by a merchant oligarchy could get a bonus while small. Not sure if that is possible.

To clarify, what most of you mean is that there is no such thing as "tax inefficiency" in the game and the the "richer"(more fiefs) you are the poorer you become?
          I see where the second title comes from now."Kill the Peasants" by imposing very high taxes due to "tax ineffiency".
          Medieval indeed.I'm suprised there are not as many Peasant Revolts in the game as there should be.

Back
Top Bottom