And some detail to regiments

Users who are viewing this thread

Adamus884

Recruit
I think taleworlds should change some regiments skins in Napoleonic wars because i would like a few more bicorn hats

There's a difference between not being regulations and not being represented.

In 1814-15, French soldiers would wear ANYTHING close to a uniform  :razz:
Personally, I would like to see a unit of 1814 French, with random shako's, forage caps, bicorns, etc. Kinda of a French militia class  :wink:

Vicccard said:

Personally, I would like to see a unit of 1814 French, with random shako's, forage caps, bicorns, etc. Kinda of a French militia class  :wink:

Totally agreed, Ik han van jou . I would love that.

Col_Lucas said:
Vicccard said:

Totally agreed, Ik han van jou . I would love that.
I'm going to guess you meant to say "Ik hou van jou".

:grin:

They were nicknamed marie-louises: young soldiers who answered the call of Empress Marie-Louise to defend their precious France in 1814. They wore a wide spectrum of 'uniforms': many wore their greatcoats over their civilian clothes. Other wore militia ones and some had the real deal. Luckily, French uniforms were very similair.
Such was their headwear and weaponry. Shako's, bicorns, forage caps(some the Dragoon style, like I have, but probably most of them had the silly pokalem) or some simple civilian hats.
Weapons differed from the standard charleville 1777, to carbines (the cavalry carbine here on NW) and captured muskets. All armories were being stripped, including those of the guard and even dragoon ones (the cavalry musket in NW). I've even read of cavalry regiments being stripped of their firearms. Bayonets were considered a luxery.

Many of these marie-louises were raised as tirailleurs or voltigeurs of the young guard. Napoleon was basicly prostutising the status of the guard to get recruits.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention; most of them didn't have the cowskin backpack, but probably carried their stuff in a blanket, cavarly style.

Back
Top Bottom