MP Modern [WB] Gallipoli 1915-WWI Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

There are couple topics which I would like to see in M&B. Gallipoli is one of them. So I want to thank you for making my dream true. I am really curious about the progress of mod. Hope you release it soon.

I love the little secret war going on right here. People saying they want to maul down french brits etc and they saying they want to maul down Turks, ah, nationalism, you so great :grin:

is this mod dead? there hasnt been talk about it for awhile now  :neutral: Or is there another forum being used?

From what I know the Turkish didn't had a lot of machine guns during WW1.
Fact has it that some of their units were still using lever-action Martini Henry rifles (chambered in. 451) and some newly imported Mauser K93 bolt-action rifles. Later stock introduced some 'extras' from the Italian-Austro-Hungarian frontline, like the Salvador-Dormus M1893, and some Schwarzlose MG M.07/12 (this one in .7x57mm). They already had some Hotchkiss MGs and some light Maxim MGs, not belt fed, due to the terrain in Turkey (where dirt or sand could clog the firing mechanism) but in sealed drum magazines of 50 rounds each. Prototypes of 75 rounds, based on a Russian MG, were tried as well and failed, due to overheating. They had a heavy version of the Maxim water cooled and in magazines of 250 rounds, in. 7x92mm, and with am effective range of over 1.500 m. 

Also try to actually implement overheating, since this was the main major drawback of MG units, with a trooper usually carrying a tank of water just to cool the damn thing when firing.

Officers wore their pistol (the Deutsche Waffen und Munitions Fabrik Mauser C96 in .9mm para or the Browning).

Cavalry units had the Mauser 'shorties', the M1905, given in dotation alongside a long bayonet (can't be assed to search for the length now) that could be used as a shortswords when on foot and in narrow CQB.

There was a picture that I saw on the net some time ago with an OE officer holding a Fedorov Avtomat on some prisoners as well, but that was probably seized on the battlefield.

Some update:
1zbgdps.jpg

Have you ever thought about teaming up with Iron Europe?

You could add Gallipoli as a separate scene in their mod, but at least you would have their resources and their team.

Iron Europe is in development for Napoleonic War. This is for Warband.

Also, Iron Europe isn't based around and on the same things as Gallipoli is.

FAQ

Q: Is this mod dead?
A: No. This mod is still alive. Things have been a tad dusty lately, but we're trying to get the hang of it.

Q: Will I be able to play as the United States?
A: This mod is based in the Gallipoli campaign. The Gallipoli campaign was going on the year before the US started getting involved in WW1. A United States faction is currently not planned.

Q: Hey! Can I have the download, please?
A: Currently, there's no downloadable version of the mod.

Q: When will the mod be released?
A: The release date of the mod has currently not been decided. We'll see about it, when we've added some more features.

Q: "Will theaters of war be added? Say the Arab Revolt?" - Der Einzige
A: "Maybe in further versions, but currently we are focusing on the Gallipoli battlefield." - Artizan

Q: Hey! Can I have your outfits and guns?
A: No.

Q: Will there be released a beta version anytime soon?
A: We don't know yet.

Q: Why don't you merge your mod with another WWI mod, like Iron Europe or something like it?
A: Because we don't need to. This mod is the only WWI mod set and based around the Gallipoli campaign. We don't need anything from the other mods, apart from workpower, but that's our department.

Q: Do you use WSE?
A: No. We don't use WSE for Gallipoli. WSE (Warband Script Enhancer) is currently not being developed any further. It is stuck in the Warband 1.543 version.

Q: Will there be bayonets?
A: Probably. We've been thinking about making an attachable bayonet. But that's to be looked into later on.

Q: Will you be taking maps made by people from outside the dev team?
A: Maybe. That depends on the quality of the map and the historical and geographical accuracy. Short said, it has to fit.

Q: Will there be autofire for the guns?
A: Yes. Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-wudlWPxkw&feature=youtu.be

I hope this will be useful for whoever's going to ask a question that has already been answered further back into the depths of this thread. More will be added to this post, as long as someone asks good questions.

Back
Top Bottom