Europa Universalis IV released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Wow that was fast, was about to make a thread myself :razz:

Yeah, I'm delighted. Not sure if using the same engine as ck2 will be a good thing, but hey who cares, its EU4!

Strategy Informer have some screenshots as well as a features list

- Take your own decisions: Nation building is flexible: decide your own form of government, the structure of your society, trade politics and more. The possibilities are endless.
- Use your Monarch Power: Experience the new system of monarch power where your spread of choices is influence by the caliber of the man you have at the top. Do you have a warrior King? Then it is time to make war.
- Experience history coming to life: The great people and personalities of the past are on hand to support you. Thousands of historical events guide you, with unique different flavor depending on the country you play. Have more than a thousand historical leaders and over 4000 historical Monarchs at your disposal.
- The world is now your playground: Players can enjoy over 300 years of gameplay in a lush topographic map in full 3D. Lead any one of more than 250 countries that originally existed during the game’s extensive time span.
- Experience the all new trade system: The trade system adds a new dimension to the great trade empires of the period. Seize control of key ports to expand your trade, support it with your powerful fleet and the wealth of the world will flow to you.
- Bring out your diplomatic skills: Deeper diplomatic gameplay, with coalitions, threats, fleet basing rights and detailed support for rebels. Introducing unilateral opinions, a country may dislike you, but you can be neutral towards them.
- Engage in Multiplayer: Battle against your friends or try co-operative multiplayer mode that allows several players to work together to control a single nation for up to 32 players. Featuring hotjoin, improved chat, new matchmaking server andsupport for a standalone server.
- Create your own history & customize your game: Europa Universalis IV gives you the chance to customize and mod practically anything your heart may desire.

I noticed the part where it said 'over 300 years of gameplay'. Actually seems like they have taken it down a notch in comparison to the previous game, although I have no doubt it something they will expand upon in expansions/DLC.

But wait, didn't CK2 just use an upgraded version of Clausewitz engine? The same engine that every in-house Pdox game used since EU3? :???:

I would have preffered a Rome 2, extended to the begining of the 'dark ages'.

And then one that bridged to CK2.

But nooooo paradox won't let me do my dream mega campaign. (Story based, non-wc and heavy on realism.)

hazy said:
words

I noticed the part where it said 'over 300 years of gameplay'. Actually seems like they have taken it down a notch in comparison to the previous game, although I have no doubt it something they will expand upon in expansions/DLC.
Remember, too, that the original only went from 1453 to 1789, so that too had barely "over 300 years of gameplay".

McBeverage said:
hazy said:
words

Remember, too, that the original only went from 1453 to 1789, so that too had barely "over 300 years of gameplay".

Ah, true. Admittedly I only first starting playing when IN came out so I've always been used to the 1399-1822(?) date. I can see that starting at 1453 kinda makes sense as CK2 finishes at that point, maybe if we are lucky we can see some sort of ability to port over our ck2 games over into EU4 like we did with Ck1 ->EU2

McBeverage said:
hazy said:
words

Takes me around 30 minutes to an hour to do a year, depending on the situation at hand. I don't think 300 years is going to make it seem short.

hazy said:
I can see that starting at 1453 kinda makes sense as CK2 finishes at that point, maybe if we are lucky we can see some sort of ability to port over our ck2 games over into EU4 like we did with Ck1 ->EU2

Modders have created utilities that port your savegame over from each game. They are very close to finishing and when they are, you can play continuously from CK2 through EU3 through Vicky2 into Hoi3.

Of course, you lose most historical events and if WC is your aim, then it's ridiculously easy to do but it's possible.

Back
Top Bottom