M&B and Multiplayer Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Still Not Worthy
Global Moderator
Hello, and welcome to my post. If you are reading this post, you are either A) a person who wants M&B to have multiplayer, or B) some one who thinks I am making a post about multiplayer and how much I want it.

This post is aimed towards the A-people, to help the B-people.

Please, consider the following.

Multiplayer will NOT be implemented in to this game, the only real possibility for M&B to have multiplayer is M&B2. Try NOT to make more posts suggesting multiplayer. These posts clutter up the suggestion board, and are annoying to the people who have to scroll to find a topic that they've been posting on.

NOBODY likes to login to the forums, go to the suggestions board, and find 10 new topics about multiplayer that they need to scroll through to find the topic they posted on yesterday.

All new members to the forums, please try to NOT make new suggestions about multiplayer, unless you have discovered, and are willing to reveal to us, a simple way to implement multiplayer. You would also need to inform Armagan, find a good server to host M&B on, etc. etc. So, unless you are willing to do the above, do NOT suggest multiplayer. If you can:

Find the simplest way to code multiplayer in to M&B
Get Armagan to approve your method
Find a server suitable to host M&B multiplayer
Pay for server that is suitable to host M&B multiplayer
Get the multiplayer up, running, and working properly
Test multiplayer with chosen testers
Release multiplayer to public

then sure, go ahead and suggest multiplayer. If you can NOT, don't make another topic about it.

P.S. some people (I won't point fingers) have been making numerous topics with already mentioned/not-so-great ideas, just so they can make a poll about Multiplayer. This is also annoying, because a post about an arena in every town has nothing to do with multiplayer. Do not make useless posts just to make polls about multiplayer.

Thanks.

Orion

Thanks for starting another m&B multiplayer thread. The more of these we have the better.

Multiplayer will NOT be implemented in to this game, the only real possibility for M&B to have multiplayer is M&B2. Try NOT to make more posts suggesting multiplayer. These posts clutter up the suggestion board, and are annoying to the people who have to scroll to find a topic that they've been posting on.

Ok it will not be implemented in this game. Personally I think that's a missed opportunity. Sorry I will continue to post whatever I want, and as always I will try to be poilite and respectful. If anyone is inconvenienced by scrolling down the page due to one of my multiplayer posts... I apologise. Give us a multiplayer sticky and it will stop happening.

NOBODY likes to login to the forums, go to the suggestions board, and find 10 new topics about multiplayer that they need to scroll through to find the topic they posted on yesterday.

You're wrong there. I for one like to see people posting about multiplayer - it let's me know that while I may be in the minority there are still others who feel the way I do.

You may not like the subject being posted about it but it is inevitable... unless you make multiplayer a sticky issue at the top of the suggestions page. Whether you like it or not m8 lot's of new people are interested in this game and a lot of these new people will want to play a multiplayer version.

If you can:

Find the simplest way to code multiplayer in to M&B
Get Armagan to approve your method
Find a server suitable to host M&B multiplayer
Pay for server that is suitable to host M&B multiplayer
Get the multiplayer up, running, and working properly
Test multiplayer with chosen testers
Release multiplayer to public

then sure, go ahead and suggest multiplayer. If you can NOT, don't make another topic about it.

With all due respect... I don't have to do any of that to hold and share an opinion.

Are you a moderator Orion? Are you? If so - do yourself (and us) a favour and make Multiplyer a sticky.

Mmm that's a good idea. Make a multiplayer thread a sticky, and throw all the loons and die-hards in there, and proceed to delete any other topics which talk solely about multiplayer.

These MP threads are inevitable really, and the larger this forum gets, the more new people are going to post their seemingly totally original idea that m&b should have multiplayer, and that no-one else has thought of this.

hehe, i too am tired of this, i wouldnt mind a multi, but im content with me and a pal taking turns, i get into a fight, he gets into one etc..

oh yea, M&B Rules, i havent been paying my respects lately :wink:

Ian

GonZ. You like opinions? Here's an opinion for you.

Filthy stuckup snotnosed dumbass british bastard.

There ya go.

That's my opinion.

[EDIT]

For anyone who reads this post, I won't change the original wording. It's still my honest opinion to this date. GonZ took my thread in entirely the wrong way and turned it around, as if he didn't even read 90% of it. I will however post a "revision" which might be slightly more accurate.

Completely oblivious and illiterate dumb****.

Thanks for another constructive post Orion, surely one of your finest intellectual moments.

Orion said:

That's "Filthy stuckup snotnosed dumbass English bastard" if you don't mind.

So, so funny... keep it up you're doing the US of A proud.

The reality of forum communities;
there will always be people who do not search and/or read stickies, but in time they will learn, so be patience, calm and educating. Making this a sticky could help though.
But most importantly be respectful -which can not be taught but can be learned (paradox?)-

As far as I know Multiplay won´t always need a Server to run on... some people (me in example) would be happy enough to play it over LAN...
So no Server, no Pay and still multiplayer :lol:

And as a solution to make it playable... the hoster would be the leader and the others can Join the party and can control their Char in Battle and towns...

As for the Coding... I´m sorry I´m just an ancient Host-COBOL hacker ^^ but would this solution be so tricky to implement? (Question to the makers)

GonZ said:
You're wrong there. I for one like to see people posting about multiplayer - it let's me know that while I may be in the minority there are still others who feel the way I do.

I'd say most people want multiplayer. It's just most people don't bother repeatedly asking for something that would require rewriting the engine almost from scratch. I can understand the decision not to implement it from the start - multiplayer games have a critical mass of players they need before they can be successful. It doesn't matter how good a game is, if there's no servers and no players then multiplayer won't succeed. Hopefully by the time Mount and Blade 2 is out the community will be big enough to justify multiplayer.

The Pope said:
...multiplayer games have a critical mass of players they need before they can be successful. It doesn't matter how good a game is, if there's no servers and no players then multiplayer won't succeed...

Hm why People always talk about Servers and the number of Players when I ask for Multiplayer? Doesn´t make a Lan Option for Friends and Lan-Partys more sense?
No Server needed, number of players limited to 8... sorry but Warcraft II back in 96 had already LAN-Multiplayer which made the game so popular. Some players just want to participate in a tournament with or against some mates in LAN (means Local Area Network btw.), or explore the map with a group of friends.

You are quarreling about servers and the number of players... and that there is not enough interes/money for online multiplay I (and I guess everybody else) understand... but what about good old Local Area Network? Needs no server, so no money but would surely raise the options of the game (And so the number of player/buyer)

you say your sick of people placing Multiplayer threads but i think ive seen more threads that state "NO MULKTIPLAYER SO STOP SUGGESTING IT" now if your sick of people placing multiplayer threads i suggest you all stop bickering about it and maybe just make a whole new multiplayer forum

Orion said:
GonZ. You like opinions? Here's an opinion for you.

There ya go.

That's my opinion.

please don't insult british people for being british. It's not neccerasry. You'd be pissed if i called you an american bastard wouldn't you.

Heh heh... Every time I check out one of these multiplayer threads, the bickering quickly makes me thankful M&B ~isn't~ a multiplayer game. :razz:

Ok Ok ... i see that you dont want a multiplayer aspect to M&B, however, i bought the game after only playing the demo for 10 mins, IT IS WICKED.

I would love to experience this game with other players, which i know you are not keen on.

However, if anyone does know how to program this it would be worth doing, if not completely INTERNET maybe just LAN for example.

this game is fantastic and i cant stop playing it, but i would enjoy it more if there was a possibility of LAN gaming.

Sorry for posting this just had to get it off my chest.

Thanks, i wont put any more multiplayer post on

WillowHalfleaf

I don't think it's that people don't "want" a multiplayer... I suspect that the majority would really enjoy it (and deep down inside even the likes of Orion really want it).

The harsh reality is that we're going to have to wait for M&B2.

Bingo!

hitthenailonthehead012pu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom