Shot and Shell v0.7.5 - Download and Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Great news I commend your team on the dedication to the Shot & Shell mod. Subscribing to thread for updates.
Good luck with the mod and updates!

Fantastic, I noticed some bugs but nothing a little coding and bug fixing can't solve.
Oh duh the base reloading animation is placeholder, I should read that more carefully next time.

Yeah. The patch will be "soon," I just decided to go ahead and put new content in it, other than it just being a hotfix.

Edit: My computer died a few weeks back, and I had to do a clean OS install. The mod files were deleted, though I have them backed up- it will take a while to get set back up.

damonkey said:
Yeah. The patch will be "soon," I just decided to go ahead and put new content in it, other than it just being a hotfix.

Edit: My computer died a few weeks back, and I had to do a clean OS install. The mod files were deleted, though I have them backed up- it will take a while to get set back up.
that sucks a lot. Glad you got backups though if you need help I think I got my copy still.
And I do just incase you need anything that is missing.
Hopefully you get better turn of events soon.

Finally managed to recover my module system, so development is underway again.

S&S Linebattle this Friday at around 4PM Central Standard Time. Public players are welcome, and will be pooled into a single PubRegiment.

Shot & Shell version 0.7.4 is being released.

Updated module folders can be found here (Dropbox).

Shot & Shell
Version 0.7.4
May 17, 2014
Changelog

Features:
- Map added: "Forest Encounter" by DaMonkey
- Textures added for various materials
- Scene props added, credit OSPs by Jaakko and Mandible

Fixes:
- Fabio maps fixed and reintroduced
    - "Villages"
    - "Pirate Ships"
    - "Trenches"
- Reload placeholder animation removed
- Pistol reload animation fixed
- Prussian flags tweaked
- Can no longer fire from horseback
- Can no longer reload while moving
- Removed faulty Prussian tricorne specular map
- Infantry can no longer mount horses
- Other minor fixes

Be aware that if you are downloading the mod, when you extract the mod folder the folder will be named "Shot and Shell3", be sure to change the name of this folder to "Shot and Shell".

Within three minutes you will not have to worry about it, as it will fix itself.
Should be fixed, now.

Just a small announcement that Shot and Shell will be available on Steam Workshop soon! This is a pretty good step to opening the mod to more public players, which as we all know is this mod's current limiting factor. You can wait for Steam Workshop integration to be released, or you can opt into the beta by checking out this thread.

Shot and Shell v0.7.5 is here!

Download Link

All Austrian and Prussian uniforms have been updated and tweaked in some way, with the exception of Cuirassiers.
Added a new class for Prussia: Hessian Infantry
Added a new class for Austria: Bavarian Infantry
New Uniforms for the Nr7 and Nr12 Hessian Line Regiments. Officer uniforms of these regiments are in the “Prussian Officer” equipment selection.
New uniform for the Bavarian Nr2 ‘Kurprinz’ regiment. Regiment’s officer uniform can be found in the ‘Austrian Officer’ equipment selection
Added sounds for Pistols firing
Added quite an array of small scene props
Admin tools, cheering, and taunting have now been included in the module code. Thanks to Madmin (by Madoc) for this!
Added a new map by DaMonkey: ‘Encampment’
Removed faulty specular maps.
Removed the stupid ‘Present Arms’ animation.
Fixed the Specular maps for several uniforms and hats.
Fixed flag spawning issues for Prussian Standard bearers.
Fixed texture error “spanish_cuirassier_uniform_spec.dds”
Fixed weird white textures for some specific items.
Tweaked accuracy and load times for muskets, carbines, and pistols.
Tweaked stats of the various swords in the game.
Tweaked the blunt damage done by flags just a tad.
The other four factions have been coded not to show up in polls and server rotation, as they aren’t even templates and I would prefer people not touching them until I’ve had time to work on them. Rest assured, they will be added back in subsequent patches.
TONS of other minor bugfixes and tweaks, in addition to cutting down on code and resources to streamline both future patches and optimize user’s performance a little.

It's not active, unfortunately. There's a stable version, and I have the means to host a server if people wanted to start playing it again. The hurdle isn't development, it's getting people to regularly play.

Back
Top Bottom