"The Fictitious War" Mod [Non-Historical Mod FTW]

Users who are viewing this thread

damonkey

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Greetings there, community.
I am DaMonkey. A NW Server Admin, and Developer of Shot and Shell, a Warband 18th century mod. As I was considering porting Shot and Shell over to NW after the release of the module system, I decided to rather keep Shot and Shell on the Warband engine, and produce a second Module for Napoleonic Wars' Module System. (I have a lot of time on my hands now a days).

What is the Purpose of this Thread?
The Purpose of this thread is to get the general gist out into the public, allow a place to put together a database of information, and most important of all, to allow a place for you, the community, to work on this mod with us (which is explained later). Keep in mind, this mod is still in it's planning stages, with a tad work being done on Models. Everything mentioned here is a mock-up prototype, and is subject to change.

What is the Purpose of this Mod?
The Purpose of this mod is to break free from the bonds of historical accuracy and "realism". Rather than trying to fabricate a mod depicting a historical era or period, we are making our own. This allows for a lot of cool things. For one, we the community write the culture of the nations involved in the mod. It allows for us to make a melting pot of culture for factions, that was spewed out of the very depths of our imaginations. It allows us to feel more attached to who we play as.

Plot of the Mod: *Note: This is all just the general idea, subject to extreme change.
The mod is set in a fictional Archipelago region off of the Swadian/Nordic coastlines, known as "Dürgham". This region has only begun it's introduction to the "modern" way of life that has been experienced in Calradia for quite some years now. New weapons and doctrine, as well as drastically new social and political policies, have found it's way into the region, and influenced the two Major Nations there. The "traditional" society itself finds it's very foundations rocked, and formed into something new. Undergoing through so much social turmoil, the two major powers in the region have entered a state of war, in an attempt to show which nation's "ethnic identity is superior". In a area where the climate provides for bitter cold almost year-round, engagements are often brutal, both against the battalions of man and the forces of nature.

So, what did you mean by the community making the mod?
It is our intention to have the community shape the mod with us. We have laid down basic shells for the two warring states, but have left the finite details up to the community. Decent-Sized regiment that show dedication to the mod will be granted their own unit in the class selection (given they abide by the "Protocol" of regiment names, explained later). It is our goal for the community's imagination to run vibrant in the mod, both plot and story-wise, and uniform color schemes and etc.

The Lorwick Republic:
The Lorwick Republic is one of the two major factions in the mod. Please note, the "shell" of this nations is up to our CA "Thomas", who is still formulating. As always, we're up for suggestions on history and etc.

Regiments Implemented into Class Slection:
You heard me say earlier how I planned on allowing regiments who showed dedication to the mod to be added in the class selection. How will this work out? This right here, young one.

*Note This thread is under construction, and that we are up to suggestions and additions. The next page or two will be reserved in case we need more space to organize our thoughts before mod's release and etc.

** Note Note: I'm aware there are spelling and grammar mistakes. I will fix the tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for your time,
DaMonkey​

The Pintish Confederation:
I. Basic Story of the Pintish
The Pintish Confederation is one of the two main Powers in the region. For most of the region's "modernization" period the nation was concerned with the re-organization and enhancement of their maritime armadas. By the time of the outbreak of the war, the nation's Land Forces were in many ways, inept and ill-prepared for marching a parade, much less fighting a battle. Service-wide supply and funding is virtually non-existant in the Pintish Land Army. Each Regiment is funded and supplied at the expense of the province they are raised in, often leading to Regiments that are from poor and/or poverty struck Provinces on 1/3rd rations, and in a lot of cases, event less of a fraction of issued ammunition. During the second month of the war, Regiment were organized into Brigades, a Brigade covering a "Sector" or a collection of provinces, which would send surplus supplies to other Brigade Regiments, giving a temporary patch to the problem.

II. Regular Uniform in the Pintish Military
The uniform of Pintish "Regulars" is as follows:
  • All Regular Infantry have a standard Dark Blue greatcoat, with some decorated units having laced buttons, plain Grey Pants, with Bold Stripes on the pant's seams. The seams would vary in color, depending on the Province a regiment was based in. Regular Infantry also have a plain Black Shako
  • Pintish Marine Infantry Wear plain White pants, their Shako is black, with golden cockade and a single white feather on it's right brim.
  • Guard Infantry are issued the same uniform as standard Infantry, with the exception of a Black Shako, with a Dark Blue Plume in the front center
  • Royal Infantry are the highest regarded infantry in the Army. They wear the standard Infantry uniform, except their Greatcoat has gold lacing, and they wear a Black Shako with a white plume with a gold tip.
III. Numbering and Organization in the Pintish Army
In the Pintish army, "ey" is used as an english "st","nd", and "rd". Therefore "1ey" would be "1st", and "2ey" would be "2nd". In the Pintish Army, Regiment are named in the same format: "[number] ([Province])  Regiment of [type]".
Explanation:
"number" is the regiment number.
"province" is the Province in which the Regiment is raised in
"type" refers to either: Horse (Cavalry) or Foot (Infantry)
So: 2ey (Heinzbyr) Regiment of Guards
Would be: 2nd (Heinzbyr) Regiment of Guards

Community Regiments:
    Regiments within the community that show dedication to the mod will be granted a regiment in the class selection. They will need to state the following to be considered:
Regiment Number: (1ey, 2ey, 3ey, etc)
Regimental Province: (You may make one up or choose from a list)
Regiment Type: [Line Infantry, Light Infantry, Dragoons, etc]

Pintish Provinces:
    We welcome to community to create a list of provinces that are available for choosing. There will be a list of current provinces below. Note that if you submit a province name, you need to provide a color designation, as it acts as a regiments "lacing and facings." The list of provinces below are color coated to their color designation. Provinces with no color (black) have no designation and are open to suggestion.
Ernishbyr
Frulsbyr
Heinzbyr
Krugsbyr
Lyobyr

The Lorwick Republic:
I. A Brief History of the Republic
When the modernization of the region began, the aristocrats of Lockton were quick to grasp the potential uses of newly developed weapons and technology. During a short reign of terror, the military raised in the city asserted their technological superiority over the cities and provinces closest to them. However they could not maintain such dominance, as firelocks were smuggled into the hands of the conquered peoples. In a two day period of extreme bloodshed, the aristocracy of Lockton was overthrown and slaughtered. In the wake of the rebellion, a transitional republic was founded, with each district voting for two representatives to carry their interests into politics. Due to the history of subjugation by an oppressive government; the Republic maintains only a small standing army of guards, and its artillery corps, with the majority of the army consisting of frontiersmen, fencibles, and convicted criminals. In recent days, a portion of the senate has managed to gain a majority, and declare war against the Pintish.

II. Organization and Uniforms of the Republican Army
Thankfully, new weapons were not the only thing gained during the revolution. Due to the new doctrines of war, a logistics branch enables the swift and efficient transportation of much-needed materiel to the front. As such, very few regiments go without the ammunition or food they need. The military consists of multiple 'armies', with the Army of the Tay being deployed to the front. This army currently has six combat branches (Listed here with their uniforms):
  • Republican Guards - A red tailcoat and grey trousers, with the lining colour representing the senator they are assigned to protect, and the senator's coat of arms emblazoned on the right shoulder of their coats. They also wear a large bearskin hat.
  • Cavalry - Being one of the under-funded branches of the military, the cavalry's uniform is rather simple. It consists of a simple red coat, with white trousers, and a bicorn.
  • Fencibles - Due to the nature of militia, the uniforms of these units vary greatly. However, certain requirements are placed upon potential Colonels. The men must wear a blank peaked military cap, and a green jacket with the collar's colouring marking the district from which the regiment was raised. Any other insignia or decorations are at the discretion of the regiment's commander.
  • Fencible-Fusiliers - These men wear uniforms similar to the normal fencible regiments, however they have been deemed marksmen, and been given the designation of being the nation's only light infantry. Their uniform differs from that of the standard fencibles in that instead of the peaked cap, they wear a wide-brimmed slouch hat, with a short green plume.
  • Artillery - These men wear simple coats of brown cloth, and stovepipe shakos. They seem to care more about maintaining their guns than their uniforms, and as a result have a dirty, rough uniform.
  • Penal Battalions - Being men sentenced to earn their freedom or die trying; these men need nothing other than flat black coats, with a black peaked cap, marked with a symbol similar to the German totenkopf.

These branches still need uniform ideas:

Grenadiers

III. Official Regimental Numbering and Designations

Each branch of the army maintains an official system of designating regiments. The name of each regiment should contain thus:

Number - This is the... well, the number of the regiment.
    District Name* - This is the district (Province) from which the regiment's recruits are drawn.
    Branch - This designates the branch that this regiment is part of. (Fencibles, Artillery, Guards, etc.
    Regimental Nickname** - This is the name that you wish your regiment to have. For example, a Fencible-Fusilier regiment, recruited in Lockton could use the nickname 'The Lockton Light Infantry'.

Example: The 16th (Lockton) Regiment of Fencible-Fusiliers (Bolden's Battalion)

There are two exceptions to these rules:

The Republican Guards - These men take on the name of the Senator they've been assigned to guard. For example: Cameron's Own Guards, or something similar.
    The Penal Battalions - These lads have been convicted of crimes, thus don't get any of the 'luxuries' of the other regiments. They merely get a number: 12th Penal Battalion, for example.

[* This can be left out if the regiment's nickname contains the districts name. For example: a regiment known as 'The Lockton Lancers' would need no district designation.]
[** This is optional.]

* As Quoted from Thomas[/list]

marchal davout said:
Not sure what that's implying, but thanks.  :lol:

Menelaos16 said:
Good luck, a lot of factions to create and such.

Thanks. As of now, we just plan on two factions, and other "factions" being "foreign legion" units within another, similar to Polish Lancers for france, or the KGL for Britain, etc.

Also, probably should have put a "*** Note Note Note:"

I want to ensure Shot and Shell followers that both mods go on. My job as a coder permits me to switch tasks, as to not get "burnt out" from one single mod. Both mods will recieve patches and be worked on.

Another mod idea with no work to show. This post will be buried within days and no interest shall be seen. Look to the civil war mod which shows constant progress

secretagent said:
Another mod idea with no work to show. This post will be buried within days and no interest shall be seen. Look to the civil war mod which shows constant progress
Well your a hopeful little prick arent you

Guy's... Language. If you don't have anything better to say than to flame on each other than I suggest you just leave the thread for as it is.

Best of luck Damonkey.

secretagent said:

Perhaps, if you had taken the time to examine Damonkey's other work, Shot and Shell, you would realize he is a confident lead and very competent modder. He has experience, he has the skill, and (somehow) he has the dedication to bring something different and special to Napoleonic Wars.

Good Luck Damonkey! I look forward to the coming project.

Bluehawk said:
International Phonetic Alphabet  :lol:

Yeah. It will most likely be made into regular english terms. I was a little tipsy when I wrote this, and now that I am now competant I think the whole language is a bit steep for a mod.

secretagent said:
I would take that into consideration, had I not seen you post on other mods in a trolling manner on matters in which you obviously know nothing about. You are correct on one thing: This is a Mod Idea thread. The Module system is yet to be released, and before it does I thought it in good calculation to see of the community's reactions, because why waste time?

Thank you romandude, gokiller, and Deofuta, for the good lucks.

Edit: Thomas has gotten done with the "shell" for the second faction. Will add that to the OP when I return from the store (I am out of Mountain Dew, code red).

ideas for grenadier uniform Lorwick Republic:
British style mitre cap
green tailcoat + grey pants
edit: make that a yellow tailcoat ftw :grin:

This is a very interesting mod! I will tell you that!

I have some Ideas.

Since this is fictional, you can design whatever kind of uniforms you want. Perhaps, make it, like you can choose what flag you want to carry, make it where you can choose the uniforms you want to wear (As in changing shirts, or pants) I think this has a plus to it being fictional, so many things are possible for this mod.

I want to wish the BEST of luck to you, and screw what "haters" say.  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom