A few suggestions:)

Users who are viewing this thread

dan-0

Recruit
Hey guys, love the beta, bought it the day i played the demo. I see great potential.

I connsider myself to be up to date with the modern gamer and have some suggestions for M&B.

*Camping on the map (to restore health when not near a town or waiting)

*Easier dismount system (maybe a hotkey, instead of the mouse)

*walking speed is unbalanced (enemy is way faster)

*Prisoner reward variation (a dark hunter is alot harder to take prisoner than a river pirate, yet the reward "$100" is still the same)

dan-0 said:
Hey guys, love the beta, bought it the day i played the demo. I see great potential.

I connsider myself to be up to date with the modern gamer and have some suggestions for M&B.

*Camping on the map (to restore health when not near a town or waiting)

*Easier dismount system (maybe a hotkey, instead of the mouse)

*walking speed is unbalanced (enemy is way faster)

*Prisoner reward variation (a dark hunter is alot harder to take prisoner than a river pirate, yet the reward "$100" is still the same)

1. already suggested
2. good idea
3. your running skill is too low (can't remember what it's called)
4. interesting. but still, a black knight and a river pirate still do the same jobs. so i don't think the slaver cares how hard it was to capture them

ok... first off. Let's start with ---

1) Camping. This has been suggested many, many, MANY times. It will probably be implemented in to the game, but know this: you mentioned that while camping you could regain health? Why don't you walk around the travel map for a while and watch your health. It will increase. Ctrl+space while standings till makes time go by really fast as well, so I guess you could call that camping, for now :razz:

2) Dismount System. I totaly agree, and have not seen a post about this before. I really hate having to look down at my horse to dismount. In the time it takes me to move my mouse that far, a dark knight could be right up my ass, swingin his sword.

3) Walking Speed. To increase your walking speed, increase or AGI (agility) stat when you level up, and then increase your Athletics skill. You can not increase Athletics past 1/3 of your AGI level. Meaning at 9 AGI, you can only have 3 athletics.

4) Prisoner Balance. This has been suggested, too. It will probably be implemented in to the game, and I see now reason why it shouldn't. But for now, if you wanna make money from prisoners, the best way to do it is attacking river pirates.

Ctrl+space has never done anything special for me. Are you sure it works?

I also think the dismount system could be easier.

About athletics and movement in general. A suggestion that i have seen a couple of times puts forward that backwards and side to side speeds should be reduced. That is probably the best way to get rid of the deathmatchy movement that occurs when two people fight with high athletics skills.

I don't see any weason why prisoners should sell for different prices based on who they previously were. After all a worker is a worker. As long as you have all limbs remaining, you're fit to work. I think any reward for taking higher level prisoners should be to ransom them off to other people who are looking for these types of prisoners in particular. A swadian knight will be a very valuable prisoner to a vaegir Count, but no more valuable as a salt miner than a bandit might be.

I personally think it would be realistic to sell higher ranking prisoners for more money. Ransoming prisoners, especialy those of noble birth, is a tradition that goes back to antiquity. Trading prisoners, where one side gives 20 captured spearman to the other in exchange for 20 of their own spearman (or 5 knights, or one noble) was widely used during the middle ages. In fact, this practice was only ended during the American Civil War when the Union gerenals realized they could replace troops more easily than the Confederates could. In game, when your character caputures swadian prisoners, he (or she) should be able to sell them to the Vaegirs for a lot of money, and vice-versa (or even sell swadians prisoners directly back to the Swadians!).

The exception to this might be the various raiders, bandits, and pirates that inhabit the map. In this case, the Vaegirs and the Swadians might not pay you for someone they were just going to excecute anyway. On the other hand, the authorities may well want them alive so the prisoners can be put on trial and excecuted in view of the public. The various counts, barons, and kings may also pay you for tracking down and destroying a bandit group that was raidng in their territory, regardless of whether you bothered to leave any of the bandits alive.

I'm not sure whether deserters can be sold back to their respective sides. On the one hand, they are guilty of treason. On the other, both sides are short on men, and after the deserters are sutably punished, they may be put back into the army under the supervision of more tustworthy troops.

While ransoming prisoners, as I described above, is not the same as selling them into slavery, it will make it rewarding to capture prisonrs of high rank.

yea exactly or even like if i hand a couple darkknights with horses as prisoners.... and i had a couple of drooling ass river pirates

why should they be the same price actually... more for the river pirates because you can visit the one guy in zendar, i was always curious as why this was?

Orion said,
2) Dismount System. I totaly agree, and have not seen a post about this before. I really hate having to look down at my horse to dismount. In the time it takes me to move my mouse that far, a dark knight could be right up my ass, swingin his sword.

I like the dismount system the way it is. It adds skill to it and takes time to get right, like in real life, prob! And if a dark knight is on your ass swinging his sword - Don't get off your horse!

I like the idea of selling back prisoners to respective camps to earn more money for them. The basic neutral slaver shouldn't give the best price for good troops. Or, you can break the prisoners yourself so they fight for you out of fear!

Back
Top Bottom