Floris Mod Pack: German Translation | Deutsche Übersetzung - Update v1.11

Users who are viewing this thread

imemine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
:!: The German Translation is integrated in Floris v2.54, but you can find upcoming updates with improvements of the translation in this post.

:!: Note: A German Floris Mod Pack Wiki (Translation of the English Wiki) is now online.

Version: Translation for release version of Floris 2.54

Changes in translation for release version of Floris 2.54 (v1.2):
  • correction of typing errors
  • some minor changes to troops and item names
  • translation of new features in Floris 2.54

Changes in version 1.11:
  • correction of typing errors

Changes in version 1.1:
  • correction of many misspellings and translation errors
  • linguistic expression of the translation has been improved
  • translation of the Cheat&Debug mode is now available

Installation:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Download file from mount&blade nexus: http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/3748
[*]Unzip the folder and read the included instruction files for further informations on the installation of the translation.
[*]Enjoy Floris in German
[/list]

FAQ
Can this translation be used for all versions of Floris Mod Pack (Basic, Gameplay, Expanded)?
    - Yes, it can be used for all versions of Floris Mod Pack v2.54
Are the updated translations compatible with save games stored with an earlier version of the translation?
    - Yes, they are.

Your help will be welcome:
I'm still optimizing this translation. Thus, If you have found some mistakes or have any suggestions for improvement, please let me know.
Please describe exactly what kind of mistake you have found and in which context it has appeared or just make a screenshot.
Send me a PM or post it in this thread.

Credits:
All who have contributed to the German translation correction of Warband http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,18496.0.html
Mjöllnir for the German translation of the Diplomacy Mod http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,116567.0.html
Meensai for feedback on translation errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------
:!: Die deutsche Übersetzung ist in Floris v2.54 integriert, allerdings könnt ihr in diesem Post weiterhin neue Aktualisierungen für die Übersetzung erhalten.

:!: Hinweis: Ein deutsches Floris Mod Pack Wiki (Übersetzung des englischen Wiki) ist jetzt online.

Version: Übersetzung für das Release von Floris 2.54 (im Installationsprogramm auswählbar)

Übersetzung für das Release von Floris 2.54 (v1.2):
  • Korrektur von Tippfehlern
  • kleinere Änderungen bei den Truppen- und Gegenstandsnamen
  • Übersetzung neuer Features in Floris 2.54

Änderungen in Version 1.11:
  • Korrektur einiger Tippfehler

Änderungen in Version 1.1:
  • Korrektur zahlreicher Rechtschreib- und Übersetzungsfehler
  • Verbesserung des sprachlichen Ausdrucks in der Übersetzung
  • Übersetzung des Debug&Cheat-Modus ist jetzt verfügbar

Installation:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Lade die Datei von mount&blade nexus herunter: http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/3748
[*]Entpacke den Ordner und lese die Anleitungsdateien für weitere Informationen zur Installation der Übersetzung.
[*]Genieße Floris in Deutsch
[/list]

Häufig gestellte Fragen
Kann diese Übersetzung für alle Versionen des Floris Mod Packs genutzt werden (Basic, Gameplay, Expanded)?
    - Ja, sie kann für alle Versionen des Floris Mod Packs v2.53 und v2.54 genutzt werden.
Sind die aktualisierten Übersetzungen kompatibel mit Spielständen, die mit einer vorherigen Version der Übersetzung gespeichert wurden?
    - Ja, sind sie.

Eure Hilfe wird gerne angenommen:
Ich verbessere weiterhin diese Übersetzung. Solltet ihr also Fehler gefunden oder Verbesserungsvorschläge haben, lasst es mich wissen.
Bitte beschreibt genau, worum es sich dabei handelt und in welchem Zusammenhang der Fehler aufgetreten ist oder macht einfach einen Screenshot.
Schickt mir eine PM oder postet es in diesem Thread.

Danksagung:
Alle die zur deutschen Übersetzungskorrektur von Warband beigetragen haben http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,18496.0.html
Mjöllnir für die deutsche Übersetzung des Diplomacy Mods http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,116567.0.html
Meensai für seine Hilfe bei der Fehlersuche und seine umfangreichen Rückmeldungen.

Thank you for making this for everyone.  The team always appreciates any help received from the community in making Floris more refined or more accessible.

Edit:  I must say that I like how you retextured the character creation screen.  If you wanted the photoshop file itself that could be provided, but your method looks great.

Windyplains said:
Edit:  I must say that I like how you retextured the character creation screen.  If you wanted the photoshop file itself that could be provided, but your method looks great.

I'm glad that you like it.  :grin:! If you prefer, I could translate the original one, too.
But I think,  the general reports screen really needs a make over. Other presentations, menus and the whole mod are gorgeous and this screen doesn't fit the style. If there is a possibility to include a 'small art work' for this screen, I would like to make one. I thought of an opened book or something similar.

Thats possible, though it should be noted that we have started a background mesh overhaul with a certain theme. This should beautify things a fair bit, but if you would like to have a go at the bundled reports nonetheless, you are more than welcome to do so. You might want to allign whatever design you come up with with this though.

28mhb21.jpg

Also added this to the contribution sticky :wink:

I made a rough sketch.

:eek: Oh, I have just seen your background screen... I think yours fits better and it would be wonderful to have Floris in this style.
Should I make a new sketch with your background?

Its mostly wingcuts work :wink: I like your idea as well though, if we can get some better book (mainly the paper/pages) and table textures, i would be more than happy to alter the report screen to fit it.

imemine said:
If you can do that, certainly :smile:

Many thanks for the German translation :smile:.

I was wondering tough... can these files be only used with Expanded, or do they also work with Gameplay and Basic? I haven't got much experience with the language files.

monnikje said:
I was wondering tough... can these files be only used with Expanded, or do they also work with Gameplay and Basic? I haven't got much experience with the language files.

They should work for Expanded, Gameplay and Basic. If a string is not used in other versions of the Mod and it can still be found in the translation file then it won't show up in game. I guess, in Basic or Gameplay there are no unknown or changed string names, that are not listed in this translation files. Otherwise, you get the original English term instead of the translated one.

However, I have to admit, that I found two terms in the game, that refuse to be translated  :oops:. They are listet in the translation files, but ingame the English term is still showing up. I'm working on that, hope I can fix it.

Duh said:
Its mostly wingcuts work :wink: I like your idea as well though, if we can get some better book (mainly the paper/pages) and table textures, i would be more than happy to alter the report screen to fit it.

Ok, I have made a small art work for you. I have a 1024x2024 image (I can provide it as .dds) with and without some ornamentation.

And that is how it would probably look ingame if no changes are made for font size and columne positions.
As you can see, if the font size would be a little bit smaller, the two columnes a bit closer together and a blank line is added after the columne headers, then it would fit fine.
And of course, the black lines have to be removed!

What do you think of that?

Duh said:
imemine said:
If you can do that, certainly :smile:
I will also make a background image using your prefered style (wingcuts work). Just wait 24 hours, then it will be done and you can choose between both of them.

Edit: Ok, I couldn't wait 24 hours. :wink: Here you are!

'Windycut-Style' 1024x1024 and possible ingame view:

'Combination' 1024x1024 and possible ingame view:

I can't decide what I prefer, so what do you think?.

I like the book idea - it does fit along with the character creation background mesh - but the pages are a bit too white: maybe if you use the old paper texture for the book too? Also, the wooden table on the background looks to be of a little bit low quality. Here is a 7zip-file with the paintshop multilayer image of wingcut's background mesh, along with the old paper texture and a few Gutenberg Bible pages that we used (for the flowerly thingies at the edge). I'm very interested in the .dds files of your work :smile:.

On a completely unrelated note, would you mind if I would include your translations in the 2.54 installer?

monnikje said:
On a completely unrelated note, would you mind if I would include your translations in the 2.54 installer?

Thanks for the files, I will soon make an overwork of the book idea.
:grin: And I would be delighted if you include my translation in 2.54. Maybe I can come up with the translation version 1.1 for the 2.54 installer. When do you need the corrected version?

Actually, the program I use has some language files that create the installer in the correct language of your choosing, which is pretty neat :smile:. There are a few things tough that still need to be translated:
In the next screen you'll have to choose which version to install. These are the choices:

Floris Basic Mod Pack: This gives you Native with some extra music, sounds and items. There are almost no graphical improvements and no added scripts or features. Just plain Native with something extra.

Floris Gameplay Mod Pack: This has all the scripts and features of the full version, but with a lot less items, music and sounds. Also quite a lot of graphical improvements are absent. If you want to experience all the Floris features but don't have a powerfull computer, this is the one for you.

Floris Expanded Mod Pack: The full version with everything Floris has to offer.

Floris Dev Suite: This is a special version for modders and devs who wish to tamper with the source and build their own versions.

You can install multiple versions at the same time.

An uninstaller will be created, for easy removal of your installed versions.
and:
I promise to read the FAQ before asking for help.
About a version 1.1: the sooner the better :wink:. I don't know how much work you still need to do for a new version?

Also, could you also make English, French and Polish .dds versions of the modified character creation screen?
English - German - French - Polish
Background - Hintergrund - Fond - Tło
Attributes - Eigenschaften - Propriétés - Właściwości
Floris Mod Options - Floris Mod Optionen - Floris Mod Options - Floris Mod Opcje
Biography - Biographie - Biographie - Biografia
I'm going to include all three translations that have been made, as you might have guessed :smile:.

Miladies, milords - I did my very best... :wink:

monnikje said:
Also, could you also make English, French and Polish .dds versions of the modified character creation screen?
I'm going to include all three translations that have been made, as you might have guessed :smile:.
Here is a 7zip-file with the modified character creation screens in English, German, French and Polish. (I have added a prefix to each file to identify them easily).

Windyplains said:
You are changing the background image on the English version?
Yes, see above.

monnikje said:
Actually, the program I use has some language files that create the installer in the correct language of your choosing, which is pretty neat :smile:. There are a few things tough that still need to be translated:
In the next screen you'll have to choose which version to install. These are the choices:

Floris Basic Mod Pack: This gives you Native with some extra music, sounds and items. There are almost no graphical improvements and no added scripts or features. Just plain Native with something extra.

Floris Gameplay Mod Pack: This has all the scripts and features of the full version, but with a lot less items, music and sounds. Also quite a lot of graphical improvements are absent. If you want to experience all the Floris features but don't have a powerfull computer, this is the one for you.

Floris Expanded Mod Pack: The full version with everything Floris has to offer.

Floris Dev Suite: This is a special version for modders and devs who wish to tamper with the source and build their own versions.

You can install multiple versions at the same time.

An uninstaller will be created, for easy removal of your installed versions.
This is the translation of the installer files. I have chosen a formal address (using the German 'Sie' for 'you') regularly used in German Auto-Installers. But if you prefer the informal one (German 'Du' for 'you', which means you are very familiar to the person), I will change it. However, I wouldn't suggest it, since you risk to sound a little bit unprofessional or childish :wink:. There is just one thing left: Does the term 'source' in the explanation of the Dev Suit mean 'source code' or something like 'origin'/'original files'? I thought of 'source code' but I am not sure.
Im nächsten Fenster können Sie auswählen, welche Versionen Sie installieren möchten. Sie haben folgende Auswahlmöglichkeiten:

Floris Basic Mod Pack: Hiermit erhalten Sie die Native-Spielversion mit etwas zusätzlicher Musik, Klängen und Gegenständen. Es gibt fast keine Grafikverbesserungen und keine zusätzlichen Skripte oder Funktionen. Bloß das reine 'Native' mit einigen Extras.

Floris Gameplay Mod Pack: Diese Version beinhaltet alle Skripte und Funktionen der Vollversion, aber mit weit weniger Gegenständen, Klängen und Musik. Außerdem sind viele Grafikverbesserungen nicht vorhanden. Wenn Sie alle Floris-Funktionen und -Besonderheiten erleben möchten, aber keinen leistungsstarken Computer besitzen, ist diese Version, die richtige für Sie.

Floris Expanded ModPack: Die Vollversion mit allem, was Floris zu bieten hat.

Floris Dev Suite: Dies ist eine spezielle Version für Modder und Entwickler, die mit dem Quellcode arbeiten und eigene Versionen erstellen möchten.

Sie können mehrere Versionen gleichzeitig installieren.

Für die einfache Entfernung Ihrer installierten Mod-Versionen wird ein Deinstallationsprogramm erstellt.
monnikje said:
and:
I promise to read the FAQ before asking for help.
For this sentence I have to kinds of translations -  a rigerous and a friendlier one:
Rigorous statement (like signing a contract):
Ich verpflichte mich, die FAQ (häufig gestellten Fragen) zu lesen, bevor ich um Hilfe bitte.
Friendlier statement (like 'to assure'):
Ich verspreche, die FAQ (häufig gestellten Fragen) zu lesen, bevor ich um Hilfe bitte.

monnikje said:
About a version 1.1: the sooner the better :wink:. I don't know how much work you still need to do for a new version?
I think it will take about one week to make the necessary changes. Does this meets your time schedule?

And LAST BUT NOT LEAST:

monnikje said:
I like the book idea - it does fit along with the character creation background mesh - but the pages are a bit too white: maybe if you use the old paper texture for the book too?
What do you think about my new draft of the reports background screen (1024x1024 image and possible ingame view, without changing font size and columne positions):
2w5o7zn.jpg

2n9gf4o.jpg
Should I upload the .dds and photoshop files?

I'm keeping my reply short now:

Thanks for the character creation files in the different languages :smile:.

I liked the plaques used on the table, hence that I asked imemine also for an English variant.

Thanks for the translation :smile:. I went for the friendlier statement.

A week sounds good.

This looks much better. I indeed would like the .dds and photoshop files :smile:.

imemine said:
Windyplains said:
I could see some nice uses for the image you already have if you want to host it.
I can host all files. Just tell me which one you need.
I was referring to the original plain open book, but this one:
2w5o7zn.jpg
...without the artwork would be great.  I like the artwork, but it is tailored for the reports screen.  I was thinking for more generic usage.  The image as it stands looks great for the combined reports presentation.  Shifting things around to fit the artwork shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the .dds and the .psd-file :smile:.

The .psd-file contains the artwork as a separate layer, so that's easily chopped away for other uses than the reports screen.

Back
Top Bottom