1st Georgia Volunteers "Corcoran's Hellions" [Confederate] *Recruiting* [NA/EU]

Users who are viewing this thread

Frederickson

Grandmaster Knight
This regiment is part of the Army of the Shenandoahhttp://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,253845.0.html

History
Service:
The regiment was first organized May 1, 1862, with men recruited from Fulton and other counties. The companies first named were twelve months' troops (regulars), a majority re-enlisting for the war, while others were mustered out when the twelve months expired. In 1862, they were led by Col. William J. Magill (wounded at Antietam), and then by Capt. Richard A. Wayne. By September 1863, they were led by Maj. James Clarke Gordon. They were surrendered along with Joseph E. Johnston's army at Bennett Place in North Carolina on April 26, 1865. Sometimes confused with Colonel James N. Ramsey's 1st Georgia Infantry, which was formed in Macon on April 3, 1861, and mustered out of service in Augusta on March 10, 1862.

List of Engagements:

Battle of Antietam, Maryland (9/17/62) in George T. Anderson's brigade
    Second Manassas, Virginia (8/28/62 - 8/30/62) in Anderson's brigade (called "Jones' Brigade")
    Fredericksburg, Virginia (12/11/62 – 12/15/62) with Anderson
    Battle of Chickamauga, Georgia (9/18/63 - 9/20/63) in Jackson's Brigade in Cheatham's Division
    Chattanooga, Tennessee (11/23/63 - 11/25/63) in Jackson's Brigade
    Franklin, Tennessee (11/30/64) in Henry R. Jackson's Brigade in Major General William B. Bate's Division
    Battle of Nashville, Tennessee (12/15/64) in Jackson's Brigade (joined to the 66th Georgia Volunteer Infantry)
    Battle of Bentonville, North Carolina (3/19/65 - 3/21/65) in Col. John C. Fiser's Brigade in McLaws' Division

Muster Roll
Lieutenant Colonel Francis James Corcoran
First Lieutenant Terry Charles
Sergeant Louis-Joseph de Montcalm
Corporal Sigvart Pran (Colour Bearer)
Corporal Desmond Donnelly

Colour Guard Eirik Kristensen
Colour Guard Karel Hetzinger
Private William Iversen
Private William Carnegie
Private Kelly O'Doherty
Private Christopher Oaks
Private Adam Marshall
Private Warren Johnson
Private Neal Fitzgerald
Private Henry Smith
Private Thomas Kilbane
Private Nolan O'Connell
Private James Wheeler
Private Angus MacGrigor
Private Rufoote Henry
Private Connor O'Brien
Private Mariah Olson
Private Daniel McAlary
Private Iain Kelly
Volunteer Daniel Flynne
Volunteer Pier Donia
Volunteer Bartley Jackson
Volunteer Sean Murphy
Volunteer Abraham Walker
Volunteer Tristan Waller
Volunteer Gordon
Volunteer Walter McNeil
Volunteer George Anderson
Volunteer Lucas McDowell
Volunteer Aronsen
Volunteer Edward Drown
Volunteer James Connally
Volunteer Douglas Finnegan
Volunteer Nutterz
Volunteer Patrick O'Neil
Volunteer Sean Tracy
Volunteer Nathan Algren
Volunteer Janos Hunyadi
Volunteer Caldwell Munk
Volunteer John Doyle
Volunteer Cullen Kennedy
Volunteer John Boyle

EU - 21
NA/SA - 26

Ranks
    Volunteer (Vol)
    Private (Pvt)
    Veteran (Vet)
    Corporal (Cpl)
    Sergeant (Sgt)
    First Sergeant (FSgt)
    Sergeant Major (SgtMaj)
    2nd Lieutenant  (2ndLt)
    1st Lieutenant (1stLt)
    Captain (Cpt)
    Major (Maj)
    Lieutenant Colonel (LtCol)

Events
Linebattle Wednesdays at 5:10 PM PST / 8:10 PM EST (12:10 AM GMT) Cancelled
Linebattle Saturdays 1:00 PM PST / 5:00 PM EST (9:00 PM GMT)

How to Join
Post this application filled out on the thread.
Code:
[b]What is your ingame name?:[/b]
[b]What is your steamname?:[/b]
[b]Desired name:[/b] (must be Realistic)
[b]What is your age?:[/b]
[b]Where do you live? (Timezone + Country):[/b]
[b]Why would you like to join the 1st Georgia?:[/b]
[b]Are you going to be active? (meaning attending linebattles):[/b]

Teamspeak Server.
Our channel is in the Games section.

Tags: 1stGA_RANK_NAME
Banner: The harp of Erin

Example:

**NOTE TO VOLUNTEERS AND PRIVATES**
Volunteers, Contact me after you attend 3 battles to be promoted to private.
Privates, Contact me after you attend 15 battles to be promoted to Veteran.

I cant remember where but I remember reading that at some engagement the Stonewall brigade and the iron brigade fought each other on open ground. The stone walls won. Will find links to back it yup.

Granted I think the Irons had taken more casualties in the prior engagements.

Commander Millander said:
I cant remember where but I remember reading that at some engagement the Stonewall brigade and the iron brigade fought each other on open ground. The stone walls won. Will find links to back it yup.
Im pretty sure we took Richard S. Ewell's Leg. Just saying.

" Around twilight, the Stonewall Brigade confronted their equals in the Federal Army, the Iron Brigade, composed of the 2nd, 6th, and 7th Wisconsin Infantry, and 19th Indiana. Both commands would stand in line facing each other well into the darkness justifying their reputations to the other. In the end, the Stonewall Brigade would hold their position on the field. Over the next two days, the regiment would be engaged in the Second Battle of Manassas. The three days fighting would cost the 33rd Virginia 33 killed and 81 wounded, including their Colonel John Neff."

But yeah best of luck Freddy

What is your ingame name?: My NW Name: 1er_Gren_Cpl_Richard
What is your steamname?:It changes sometimes, but I think you can find me with enosh_zee , if not, try Enosh Zee (1er Caporal Richard)
What is your age?: 21
Where do you live? (Timezone): Brazil - Rio de Janeiro (GMT -3)
Why would you like to join the 6th Wisconsin ?: Because I already play Napoleonic Wars in the 1er and have loads of fun! =)
Are you going to be active? (meaning attending linebattles): Yes, but not certain. Since I already play NW with 1er I might have just a few trouble due to some private and university stuff.

What is your ingame name?: 1er_Cpl_Charlie
What is your steamname?: Grd_Charlie
What is your age?: 17
Where do you live? (Timezone): EU
Why would you like to join the 6th Wisconsin ?: N&S looks interesting to play
Are you going to be active? (meaning attending linebattles): yup

There is already a Iron Brigade, maybe you can contact us on the teamspeak 94.249.253.172:9992.

Then we can work together for the glory of the Iron Brigade.

Best regards

24th Michigan Vol. Inf. Reg. "Black Hats" Iron Brigade
1stLt Shaw

Sir Richard said:
There is already a Iron Brigade, maybe you can contact us on the teamspeak 94.249.253.172:9992.

Best regards

1stLt Shaw

You are the 24th Michigan, not the iron brigade, i simply put Iron brigade on the banner as the 6th Wisconsin were historically part of the Iron brigade as was the 24th Michigan.

Frederickson said:
Sir Richard said:

Best regards

1stLt Shaw

You are the 24th Michigan, not the iron brigade, i simply put Iron brigade on the banner as the 6th Wisconsin were historically part of the Iron brigade as was the 24th Michigan.

I think you understand it wrong. We, the 2ndUnited States Sharpshooters form together with the 24th Michigan the Iron Brigade, we fight together in linebattles and work with a whisperlist. We also thinking about forming a division together with the Irish Brigade, so if you are interessted in join you can come on our TS and talk to us there: 94.249.253.172:9992 .

KArantukki said:
Frederickson said:
Sir Richard said:

Best regards

1stLt Shaw

I think you understand it wrong. We, the 2ndUnited States Sharpshooters form together with the 24th Michigan the Iron Brigade, we fight together in linebattles and work with a whisperlist. We also thinking about forming a division together with the Irish Brigade, so if you are interessted in join you can come on our TS and talk to us there: 94.249.253.172:9992 .

I am keeping that in my banner for historical reasons however about your brigade, i would encourage 1 of 2 choices (however i cannot make you do anything.) 1st choice change the name of your brigade to something fictional, 2nd Choice change from 2nd US Sharpshooters to the 2nd Wisconsin Infantry Regiment as it would make the brigade historically accurate. But i repeat these are mere suggestion I do not mean to offend and I certainly am not going to try and force you.

Sir, we don't want to annoy you, we want to INVITE you if you please to join the Iron Brigade, because you're a historical part of them!

We're all together and we need brave Wisconsin' guys!

Best regards

I will consider your offer, however we are probably going to be working in close conjunction with the 20th Maine.

What is your ingame name?: 1er_Gren_So_Bwiggy33

What is your steamname?: Bwiggy33

What is your age?: 14

Where do you live? (Timezone): Central

Why would you like to join the 6th Wisconsin ?: Because the mod sounds fun and i want to participate in linebattles

Are you going to be active? (meaning attending linebattles): Yes

Back
Top Bottom