[S] Light&Darkness - Heroes of Calradia. Upgrade to v1.040 (Jun. 6, 2013)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wastipk said:
This mod looks amazing, but I have a big problem.

When I tried to install it it broke my PC :sad: I extracted the exe file to my games folder, as soon as I had done this, Windows Explorer started crashing (maybe 10 secs after a restart or if I tried to run anything).

I tried restoring and all that, which did not work. I eventually fixed it after repairing Windows from the disk (which removed the offending file).

Please, does anyone have any advice as to what is wrong?
Well, difficult to tell... Maybe you should make a complete virus scan? Good luck to you.  :smile:

oolonglgx said:
Grtegol10 said:
I have a request for the OP.

Can you please tell us - and give us permission to edit, the dialogue in your mod? I want to correct all of the grammatical mistakes for my personal use, regardless of the thousands of lines of English I have to go through. 

I just need to know what I have to do to edit all the text, and dialogue used in game. Even the intro. I really would like to be able to fix these mistakes as that is often my job.

Thank you, any help appreciated.
You will find the English text files at : Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Light&Darkness - Heroes of Calradia\languages\en
And for your reference if needed, you may read the Chinese text files in the folder - 'cns' parallel.

Actually, we are aslo proceeding with the job of proofreading and re-editing for the translation. It will takes some time though. And the improvement will be given with an updating in the future.

Thank you very much. I would prefer to enjoy the story you have written without it being diminished by such a small issue as translation of the author's original intent. Well at least my interpretation of it anyway.

oolonglgx said:
Wastipk said:
This mod looks amazing, but I have a big problem.

When I tried to install it it broke my PC :sad: I extracted the exe file to my games folder, as soon as I had done this, Windows Explorer started crashing (maybe 10 secs after a restart or if I tried to run anything).

I tried restoring and all that, which did not work. I eventually fixed it after repairing Windows from the disk (which removed the offending file).

Please, does anyone have any advice as to what is wrong?
Well, difficult to tell... Maybe you should make a complete virus scan? Good luck to you.  :smile:

There is no virus, I think the problem may be related to my downloads? I'm very confused as this is highly obscure. Anyway, I have no problem downloading on Steam or extracting mods straight into the "Modules" folder. Is it possible to do that way?

I have a question about the special weapons, I have the spear, throwing spear, elf bow, gimli axe, warhammer, knight sword, excalibur and chinese sword, Have anybody found another??? I remember in M&B version there was a exotic two handed sword.......

Glauco said:
I have a question about the special weapons, I have the spear, throwing spear, elf bow, gimli axe, warhammer, knight sword, excalibur and chinese sword, Have anybody found another??? I remember in M&B version there was a exotic two handed sword.......
Congrats! You've got quite many. Just keep going with the story, you will achieve more.
Here are all the special weapons/armors which could be found so far, for your reference:
* Weapon:
  Steel Spear
  IronCramp Staff
  Gai bolga
  Excalibur
  Sword of Knight
  Tang Sword
  Thunder Breaks
  Persian king's Sword
  Heaven Hammer
  Narsil
  Gimli's Battle Axe
  Haemophilus Cast spear
  Elven Bow
* Armor:
  The shield of fate
  Headhunter Crown
  Damascus Steel Armor
  Damascus Steel Greaves
  Damascus Steel Gauntlets

Good luck!

Take a look to Rivacheg Castle. He is in the prison. Talk to him first, and then to Castle Seneschal. He'll ask you to take Borcha to Sargoth. Pay 50 denars and accept the offer, and then set Borcha free.

There is no one at the prison in Rivacheg

Ah, I found him. He was in the cage behind the castle senechel.

Also, What am I supposed to do once I'm given the quest to hunt down Nabar?

In fact, where can I find the original Chinese version? I can read Chinese fine, so it'd be easier for me to play that instead.

There's a link to the Chinese forums in the OP's sig, try that. Naabar is around Wercheg, but west of Rivacheg for sure. You can see his party from anywhere, it doesn't matter how far away he is.

diaphantos said:
There is no one at the prison in Rivacheg

Ah, I found him. He was in the cage behind the castle senechel.

Also, What am I supposed to do once I'm given the quest to hunt down Nabar?

In fact, where can I find the original Chinese version? I can read Chinese fine, so it'd be easier for me to play that instead.
Already there is a pack of Chinese texts for the game. You may shift in the starting window: Configure - Game - Language 

Chinese forums for this mod:  http://bbs.mountblade.com.cn/viewthread.php?tid=311297&extra=page%3D1

Hey guys, little problem, I am suposed to go to village X to find this treasure

BUT the village name given to me is by the tavern keepers story is: infrantry command / Cavalry command / archer command /

So could anyone give me all possible villages where i can find the treasure so i could go check them? I don't want this bug to ruin my game.

edit: so far I have found a cave in Shapeste but i'm not able to enter it as it says "the door is lucked" when i try to enter. (i guess lucked means locked)

manekemaan said:
edit: so far I have found a cave in Shapeste but i'm not able to enter it as it says "the door is lucked" when i try to enter. (i guess lucked means locked)

Did you talk to Village Elder?

manekemaan said:
Hey guys, little problem, I am suposed to go to village X to find this treasure

BUT the village name given to me is by the tavern keepers story is: infrantry command / Cavalry command / archer command /

So could anyone give me all possible villages where i can find the treasure so i could go check them? I don't want this bug to ruin my game.

The first gem will be found in the cave in a certain village of the certain country. So, you may check - in which country you got the news from the tavernkeeper?
As listed below, only one of the five could be the right place:
  Ehlerdah of Swadian
  Shapeshte of Vaegirs   
  Dugan of Khanate 
  Aldelen of Nords   
  Ilvia of Rhodoks
Besides, you may also check the mainline quest log for the village name.

Do not forget to talk with the village elder so that you can enter the cave.

Good luck! :smile:

Thanks for the replies, I did check shapeshte first because I got my conversation with marnid about the village and the cave when i left Khudan (owned by vaegirs)

I found the cave quickly but I get no options to talk about it with any of the village elders (by now I tried all 5 villages)

here is a pic of my quest log :sad:

ps: i already completed the black khergit quest, well atleast i was able to win the horse and get a clue etc

naamloos-3.jpg

edit: the second time I tried it, in praven I didnt get this error, i just got told its in Ehlerdal.

manekemaan said:
edit: the second time I tried it, in praven I didnt get this error, i just got told its in Ehlerdal.
So, you have got the right information about it from the tavernkeeper in Paravin, right? Go to the village. Talk to the elderthen. Find out and enter the cave. Get the treasure (first gem and horn of star), which are necessary for the story to develop smoothly.

P.S. the clue you may achieve at the horse market are for another thing on the branch line.

Jea i'm continuing on this savegame now Nora_Lee, because this seems to have survived that part without getting bugged.

I gues its not possible to fix my other savegame so i'l continue here. Thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom