NW Completed Waterloo Campaign ( Applications open! )

Should only walking be allowed, and only double collum? ( No walking in a charge tough! )

• Only walking, no double collum

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No walking, but you must walk in double collums

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Only walking, and double collums ( Realism )

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No walking, No double collums..

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Mack.

Grandmaster Knight
k05vzo.png

What is this for event?

This event is an campaign, based on the battle of waterloo. We'll appoint 2 generals, which have acces to the best units on the waterloo battlefield. From cavalry to cannons! They'll decide if Napoleon or Wellington won the battle of waterloo.

We'll use ( not 100% ) historical regiments, but most of them are merged together. So we get more bigger and powerfull regiments. We want to simulate the war-feeling at it best!

This event will last for 1 week, at the end of this vacation, to end this summer with some Muskets & Gunpowder!

Rules:

1.1 No racism
1.1 No racism
1.3 No teamkilling, teamhitting / horsekilling on purpose
1.4 No insults / hate talk about other regiments
1.5 Listen to the admin
1.6 No spam in chat
1.7 Try not say anything in chat, only regimental commanders ( to prevent spam, and block people to see actually good talk )

2.1 Listen to the commander
2.2 Stay in line
2.3 Shooting out of formation is NOT allowed ( = Polled )
2.4 As cavalry you stay in a formation ( not really strict ) but try stick to one
2.5 No rambo's
2.6 Fire in volleys
2.7 Crouching in allowed when hiding in forest ( not while shooting / reloading ) or when defending a base
2.8 You always try to keep your banner, so try get it back when its stolen.

3.1 Dont do suicides moves
3.2 Dont move regiments on purpose to make them die ( if you dont like that regiment )
3.3 Be nice to everyone
3.4 Try use common sense, and common tactics
3.5 Know all rules
3.6 When ingame, pick general class
3.7 Be active tough the whole week, so be a really active gamer!

4.1 Always stay in formation
4.2 No collums, only battle lines ( pending, on oppinions )
4.3 Fire in volleys
4.4 No random formations or tactics
4.5 You make squares when cavalry upcoming
4.5.1 If the cavalry unit is half+ as big as you

5.1 When a unit dies in an attack, the whole unit is dead
5.2 When a unit which is defending loses a man, the man is perma-dead, so you're numbers will be limited
5.3 When attacking and losing sightly, units men can retreat, and if 15% of the unit will reach the border of the map, the unit will restore for 25% on the map area behind the battle-scene.
5.4 When you're standing more then 1 turn on a map, you become ''defensive'' and you're allowed to have 1 or 2 sappers, and you can ''camp''.
5.5 When noone is more then 1 turn on a map, you both attack! ( so NO hillcamp )
5.5.1 Unless you're on ''Wellington's Hill '' or the French spawns
5.6 Artillery should be concetrating one turn or more on a unit ( friendly or enemy ). When this happend you can spawn the arty in the next battle THAT unit is fighting
5.7 More then 1 unit on 1 scene is allowed
5.8 UNITS / MEN CAN'T BE REPLENISHED!

Those rules aint solid, tell your opinions so we can change them before the event launches. When launched, they wont be changed.

Regiments which are in:

United Kingdom:

33rd Regiment of foot - 20/45
- 3. Kurmarkische Landwehr-Regiment - 20  ( page 3 )
-

92nd Highlanders regiment - 0/45
-
-
-

Brunswick Regiment - 0/30
-
-

51st Regiment - 0/30
-
-

95th Rifles - 0/20
-
-

Scots Greys - 0/25
-
-
-

1st Coldstream Guards - 0/25
-
-

2nd Coldstream Guards - 45/45 - FULL
- 2nd Coldstream - 45 Guys    ( page 3 )

1st Royal Arty - 0/8
-

2nd Royal Arty - 8/8 - FULL
-  2nd Coldstream - 8 ( Page 3 )

France:

17e Regiment d'infantrie - 0/35
-
-

45e Regiment d'infantrie - 45/45 - FULL
- 6e Young Guards - 15    ( page 3 )
- Infanterie de ligne du Munster - 15 ( page 3 )
- Garde à Pied d'Ulster - 15 ( page 3 )

108e Regiment d'infantrie - 0/25
-
-

84e regiment d'infantrie de ligne - 0/30
-
-

2éme Regiment d'infantrie légère - 0/25
-
-

6e Cuirrassiers - 25/25 - FULL
- 6e Cuirrassiers - 10  ( page 3 )
- 14. Pułk Kirasjerów - 15 ( page 3 )
-

Lanciers de la Garde Imperial - 20/20 - FULL
- Cuirassiers du Leinster - 20 ( page 3 )

Garde Imperiale - 25/60
- 4e Grenadiers - 25 Guys    ( page 3 )
-
-
-

1st Régiment d'artillerie - 5/8 - FULL
- 6e Artillery - 5    ( page 3 )

2e Régiment d'artillerie - 5/8 - FULL
- Artiellerie de Dublin - 5 - Page 3

~ Poll 1. Should we host this event?
Results:
Yes    21 (60%)
No    1 (2.9%)
Maybe    4 (11.4%)
We'll come when we see it works out well  9 (25.7%)

~ Poll 2.
Results:
Yes    4 (57.1%)
No    0 (0%)
Depends what you see as ''realism''    3 (42.9%)

Poll 3. Should we allow firing in a charge ( when a charge is obvious, so no reloading after, but you charge! )
Results:
Yes    6 (37.5%)
No    9 (56.3%)

Poll 4. Should only walking be allowed, and only double collum?

Its just an idea, and we'd love to get tips and suggestions.

Edit: We'll expend the thread as soon as the majority votes for: Yes / Maybe / We'll come if it works out well. We're already working out rules and regiments if you guys want to see progress we can post it anyway ( if requested ).

Team:

Mack - Leader, head administrator ( Jobs: Rules, maps, photoshop )
Lassalle -  Researcher, administrator ( Research for units & terrain )
Youp - Moderator ( Helps with rules, and supports )

Mackovich - Server host

Augy - Supporting and suggesting ( We appreciate it! )

If you want to enter the team, then feel free to ask me on steam: thedon1313 .

Well well well then... I might pop in on my own with some random regiments if I have the time. Too long since I had a good linebattle anyway.

Definitely down for this as we love the realism battles that Lucas organised, awaiting more info but this looks legit.

I would love to see this but in a way that Regiments would join in as detachments for example.

45th Cracker Club has 20 people, A space is open for 15, this means the 15 would Create the detachment (With Historical Tags) led by the Leader of the Cracker Club or someone else, Now to what I was getting to, the 5 people left over, be they good or bad are added into another detachment led by them or another Regiment. What I'm trying to get here is we wont have one team with all 35th or something, we will have all the detachments with there tags so that everyone works together to create a Historical Battle with the tags.

I don't know if I am thinking too big but whatever, I think its a swell Idea. Especially if this is done on a common basis.

Ok we made an idea about the units. We tough it could become quite big, so the unit sizes are really big. We'll lower it if it wont work out.
We'll use units instead of ''armies'' as on normal campaign, the general moves units not armies. And one unit excist of more regiments.

United Kingdom

Infantry:
- 33rd Regiment of Foot - 45 Guys - Can excist of 2 regiments - Plays as 33rd
- 92nd Highlanders - 45 Guys - Can excist of 3 regiments - Plays as Highlanders
- Brunswick Regiment - 30 Guys - Can excist of 2 regiments - Plays as KGL
- 51st Regiment Regiment - 30 - Can excist of 2 regiments - Play as 51st

Light Infantry:

- 95th Regiment - 20 - Can excist of 2 regiments ( prefer 1 ) - Plays as 95th

Cavalry:

- Scots Greys - 25 Guys - Can excist of 3 regiments - Plays as horse dragoons

Guard infantry:

- 1st Coldstream Guard - 25 - Can exist of 1 regiment - Plays as coldstream
- 2nd Coldstream Guards - 45 - Can excist of 2/3 regiments - plays as coldstream

Arty

- 1st Royal artillery -5-8 guys ( 2 cannons ) - Can excist of 1 regiment
- 2nd Royal artillery - 5-8 guys ( 2 cannons ) - Can excist of 1 regiment

Total count: 263

Empire Francais

Infantry:
- 17e Regiment d'infantrie de ligne ( Régiment d'Auvergne ) - 35 Guys - Can excist of 2 regiments - Plays as 45e
- 45e Regiment d'infantrie de ligne ( Regiment de la Couronne ) - 45 Guys - Can excist of 2/3 regiments - Plays as 45e
- 108e Regiment d'infantrie de ligne ( Regiment d'ile de France ) - 25 Guys - Can excist of 1/2 regiments - Plays as 84e
- 84e regiment d'infantrie de ligne ( Regiment de Rohan ) - 30 Guys - Can excist of 1/2 regiments -  Plays as 84e

Light Infantry:

- 2éme Regiment d'infantrie légère ( Regiment de la Mark ) - 25 Guys - Can excist of 2 regiments - Plays as 15e

Cavalry

- 6e Cuirrassiers - 25 Guys - Can excist of 2/3 regiments - Plays as Cuirassiers
- Lanciers de la Garde Imperial - 20 - Can excist of 2 regiments - Plays as lancers

Garde Imperiale:
- Garde Imperiale - 60 Guys - Can excist of 4 regiments - Plays as 1er

Artillery:
- 1st Régiment d'artillerie - 5-8 guys ( 2 cannons )
- 2é Régiment d'artillerie - 5-8 guys ( 2 cannons )

Total count: 277

Those regiments can be taken. I'll first look what you guys opinion is, and then I'll ( maybe ) open applications.

Total count: 272

Ouch,  I very much support this idea though will make it a lot more realistic.

Also the "middle guard" as it was reffered to was made up of:

Grenadiers:
1er Regiment de Grenadiers-à-Pied de la Garde Impériale

2e Regiment de Grenadiers-à-Pied de la Garde Impériale

3e  Regiment de Grenadiers-à-Pied de la Garde Impériale

4e Regiment de Grenadiers-à-Pied de la Garde Impériale

Chasseurs:

1er Regiment de Chasseurs-à-Pied de la Garde

2e  Regiment de Chasseurs-à-Pied de la Garde

3e Regiment de Chasseurs-à-Pied de la Garde

4e Regiment de Chasseurs-à-Pied de la Garde

Just though it'd be easier to split the old guard up if you had separate regiments. :smile:

Edit: In terms of British light infantry you might want to add 1st Light Battalion King’s German Legion or the 2nd just again so it is easier to split regiments maybe. :smile:

True but I tought if we just used it under the name ''Garde Imperiale'' we could do 1 huge regiment. Because I dont expect all slots to be taken tough.

Well we're currently working on the map, it will be like such event. But now you work with units instead of army's. Also we'll do some unique stuff with artillery. And winning / losing system, will put the rules up tommorrow! But for most of it I first need the map. And thats where we're working on :wink:. So more info will come tommorrow!

Mack. said:
True but I tought if we just used it under the name ''Garde Imperiale'' we could do 1 huge regiment. Because I dont expect all slots to be taken tough.

I wouldn't be so pessimistic these things  get a big sign up.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/1er_r%C3%A9giment_de_tirailleurs_de_la_Garde_imp%C3%A9riale

http://puu.sh/LYXA

Thanks for adding us to the historic regiments that took part in Waterloo.

DarkOmega said:
Mack. said:
True but I tought if we just used it under the name ''Garde Imperiale'' we could do 1 huge regiment. Because I don't expect all slots to be taken tough.

Hope so!  :mrgreen:

@ Furrnox

Its an campaign, I don't expect all units at the same point at the same point, our server ( will ) support 200 slots, so I hope that will be enough!

Col_Lucas said:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/1er_r%C3%A9giment_de_tirailleurs_de_la_Garde_imp%C3%A9riale

Lassalle did the research, and the 1er Tirailleurs were in the list, but I wasn't sure about the numbers yet. If DarkOmega's prediction is right ( hope so :grin: ) then we'll add the 1er Tirailleurs.

I'm sorry if your regiment is not on the list but actually was at Waterloo, because we merged some units etc, to make it smaller. I hope no one bothers it to much!

Mack. said:
DarkOmega said:
Mack. said:

Hope so!  :mrgreen:

@ Furrnox

Its an campaign, I dont expect all uits at the same point at the same point, our server ( will ) support 200 slots, so I hope that will be enough!

Col_Lucas said:

Lassalle did the research, and the 1er Tirailleurs were in the list, but I wasn't sure about the numbers yet. If DarkOmega's prediction is right ( hope soo :grin: ) then we'll add the 1er Tirailleurs.

I'm sorry if your regiment ist on the list but actually was at Waterloo, because we merged some units etc, to make it smaller. I hope noone bothers it to much!

Could always add some Prussia, the Dutch, Belgium and i think even Hanover. 

Back
Top Bottom