Serial Key Denied!!! i installed Wrong Version

Users who are viewing this thread

qpilot

Recruit
i just bought MB napoleonic wars and once i had finished the download i attempted to install to find out it wouldn't because warband wasn't installed... i did not rtead "Warband in the title so i installed the basic "Mount and Blade" i then entered my serial key and it weas accepted... then i tried to install the NW again but it still failed so i installed "War Band"... i tried to install the key there but it was denied but it could install NW so that's what i did but once installed i still couldn't add the key... so now i can play the game i intended to buy only in Trial...
will i have to re buy the game?

You gotta buy Mount & Blade Warband and install the latest version ( 1.153 ) than install NW and insert your already-bought serial :wink:

the thing is i've already used my serial key by accident for NW but i used it on The original Mount and Blade by accideent... now it comes up with a window that says "Activation Denied"

Just regedit the key in then?
Also, you keep saying "mount and blade"  which reffers to the original game. That does not work with NW. Only warband.
But perhaps you knew that already.

++++
I accidentally entered a wrong character when trying to join a server for the first time, Now I can’t join a server! I just get a “Invalid CD Key” error message.
1.Click Start > Run
2.Enter regedit
3.A new window will open, browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > MountAndBladeWarbandKeys
4.Search the entry, serial_key_nw, make sure that the value is the same as your CD key. Also make sure that the key is separated correctly. Double click the entry and modify it until it is correct. Watch out for invisible spaces in the CD key.
5.If you are done with that, close the Registry Window and start the game, connect to the server and have fun playing!

i don't understand the last bit...
4.Search the entry, serial_key_nw, make sure that the value is the same as your CD key. Also make sure that the key is separated correctly. Double click the entry and modify it until it is correct. Watch out for invisible spaces in the CD key.
i have two area's
Mount and blade (this one has the serial in it)
and Mount and blade warband (has no serial wthin it)

Put your WARBAND cd key in under "warband", then launch the game with Napolenic wars as module, then put in the Napoleonic Wars cd-key in as you join a MP server.
While you are at it, you could remove your NW key from the Mount&Blade reg.

so i have to buy warband because i only bought NW? and the key that is running basicMount and blade is my NW serial key...

If you would actually read what people type, you would have known it already;
Agovic said:
You gotta buy Mount & Blade Warband and install the latest version ( 1.153 ) than install NW and insert your already-bought serial :wink:

qpilot said:
i had read that :razz: but i was looking for an alternative :smile:

There is none ... there you go, there is your alternative ... either don't play or get warband ... sorted, Napoleonic wars clearly states "Warband DLC" so you can't blame them thats for sure.

i wasn't blaming them i was just oblivious to WARBAND, Thankyou! i'm going to go and buy warband now

Back
Top Bottom