A Conventional War Between the USA and China

Users who are viewing this thread

The South Korean military is large, well-equipped, well-trained, and backed up by the US military. It's not going to collapse against anything but a total surprise attack, which is extremely unlikely to happen undetected. South Korea is a modern state with a modern military and an extremely unpleasant neighbor. They are not unprepared for war.

I don't know why so many people are pessimistic about South Korea and so in awe of an extremely out-dated and poorly supplied North Korea. North Korea's advantage is that they are fortified as **** with lots of artillery pointed at Seoul - great for defending yourself and deterring attack, not so useful for invading your neighbor.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Argeus the Paladin said:
Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
But my Hentai! D:  :cry:

*sets TDM on fire.*

1276373644.jpg
I like this new way of emoting, fellow.

Wait, and Russia just does nothing and lets this happen?

Reading a tom clancy book (end war) a while ago and one thing that happens is basically Russia invades through Canada to get to the US (or at least attempts to control the oil sands in Alberta and then have a foothold to then get to US since I don't think it actually happens in the book).

Would that scenario not be able to happen in real life if China/Russia ever decided to declare war on US. I am just simply unaware of how much naval power the US would be able to provide globally if such an event were to happen.

Workaholic said:
Why would you be interested in war between China and US? Smells like gun smuggling or something. :razz:

Probably because the only **** on the news lately is wars in other countries that no one cares about.

And why, exactly, would Russia want to get at the US? The two countries might not be friends, and sometimes the Russians act chummy with the Chinese, but they have no stake in a war and have as much to lose as anyone. Nah, they'd just stay out of it.

Guess China is ****ed then after all. Still, not sure how many countries (other then some NATO ones) like the US entirely enough to not take a chance to backdoor them while a fight is going on.

Best thing I would hope to get out of this is less made in china bs.

Russia will do what is best for Russian......I`m really not sure what that would be, but they would do what is best for them....

Legolan said:
Russia will do what is best for Russian......I`m really not sure what that would be, but they would do what is best for them....

:lol:

That was the most ambiguous statement ever. Might as well have not posted.

I read that China manufactures products while Russia, with its vast mineral resources, supplies the raw materials. Wouldn't they stand to gain a lot if they attacked China in conjunction with the US?

It wouldn't be the first time western powers divided China like a pie.  :lol:

If the Philippines' armed forces haven't been decimated by the fighting, we'll probably assist the US with any operations we can. Don't expect too much though. This is the same army who had to buy their own boots because the generals were busy siphoning funds into their own bank accounts...

Syllabus said:
I read that China manufactures products while Russia, with its vast mineral resources, supplies the raw materials. Wouldn't they stand to gain a lot if they attacked China in conjunction with the US?

If anything, I'd expect it would be far more likely for China to go to war with Russia to gain those resources.  :razz:

Russia, China, and the United States are about as likely to engage in a full-scale, conventional war with each other as the Moon is to suddenly veer out of orbit, crash into Mars, and have Mars ignore the laws of momentum, reverse into the direction of the Earth, and collide with our beautiful planet, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom