#GENERAL INFO#, Old Mod Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Good evening.
A new developer has joined the team.

I needed someone for the singleplayer related stuff only, because I'm mostly working on the multiplayer.
So Todesritter is the new guy who has joined the developer team and he is working on the singleplayer troops at the moment.

I'm going to release the promised open alpha version of BoE in September.

Hello guys...
It happened again :wink:

A new programer and server administrator has joined the developer team.
Its fivecoins, also known as kinngrimm.

He was a tester like Todesritter and joined the team.

fivecoins is going to create the database for the planned online character creation and maybe the website of our mod.

Hi guys.
I'm currently working on a big item balance patch and I want to show you some of my endless calculations, which I wrote for Battle of Europe.
Anything is realisic and physical calculated, all damage and missile speed values are the base values of each weapon and can be increased by PD(bows) and PT(thrown).
qqt94nzn.jpg

I'm going to show you the current balance state.
Balanced items
- head armors
- body armors
- hand armors
- foot armors
- horses
- thrown
- bows
- crossbows
- pistols
- muskets
- arrows
- bolts
- bullets

Not yet balanced
- one handed
- two handed
- polearms
- shields

For the melee weapons I need to write a much more complicated damage calculation for each weapon type first.
The base damage relation between each weapon type would looks like this(not final);  2h=~100%  pole=~95%  1h=~65%

I have to calculate the swing speed in m/s(based on speed rating, animation length and hand positions) on a fixed weapon reach length like 100cm.
So the the swing speed in m/s will be increased/decreased in relation to the weapon reach.

The weight distribution in percent of each weapon also plays a big role for the damage calculation.
Also a slightly different calculation is needed for thrust and swing damage.

Last but not least there will be shape related damage bonuses for each weapon.

I hope you guys see how much work and time I'm investing to make the most realistic mod ever. :wink:

_Sebastian_ said:
Hello guys...
It happened again :wink:

A new programer and server administrator has joined the developer team.
Its fivecoins, also known as kinngrimm.

He was a tester like Todesritter and joined the team.

fivecoins is going to create the database for the planned online character creation and maybe the website of our mod.

good addition,kinngrimm is a nice and chilled dude with a lot of maturity who hates archers like me.

:mrgreen:

any plans to do any changes to siege warfare?

i find that the regular sieges in warbands are really boring and dont allow you to do anything other then walk up a ladder/siege ramp and then try to hack your way through the enemy masses.

so i was wondering if you were planning to make it so that players could use the cannon to make a hole in the wall/knock down the gate?

or if you can open the gate from the gatehouse so that your troops wont be stuck getting funneled up a ladder.

MightyGreek said:
good addition,kinngrimm is a nice and chilled dude with a lot of maturity who hates archers like me.
Fivecoins is a programer and not a balancer.
And I dont think that he realy "hates" all archers.

Hatred isn't a good reason to blalance weapons and armors.
A balancer should be totally impartial...
If the balancer really hates a class or an item(weapon, armor) then he's a very very bad balancer !

Anyhow...
As I said anything is realistic and physical calculated, so there is not realy a chance to nerf items because of hatred.

Laird Dubhaigan said:
so i was wondering if you were planning to make it so that players could use the cannon to make a hole in the wall/knock down the gate?
This is planned . Yes.
- destructible buildings (planned)
We are also going to add some new defense weapons like a bowl with burning oil, which can be attached to a gatehouse.
It will kill invaders by burning them to death.

We have planned or already finished so many nice features to enhance the gameplay and to make the game itself even more interresting.

Fivecoins and I are actually working on the online charakter creation.
But this could take a while... It may takes some weeks to finish it.
We need to write a huge amout of code(module system, database, website, etc.), to get it working.

I can't promise that the online caracter creation will work, when we are going to release the open alpha of BoE in mid september... we will see.

what i saw in a video for another mod was that the defenders hand what was essentially a handgrenade but was filled with oil/tar and lit on fire and then thrown on/in front of the attackers causing damage to all of them as they had to pass through the fire to continue the attack.

Wow, this looks really interesting and very under-viewed. There isn't really much that I can base my views off - no gameplay screenshots, etc. But from what I've gleaned it sounds like it will be a lot of fun. :grin: Can't wait for the open beta!

Bennoman1 said:
Wow, this looks really interesting and very under-viewed. There isn't really much that I can base my views off - no gameplay screenshots, etc. But from what I've gleaned it sounds like it will be a lot of fun. :grin: Can't wait for the open beta!

Indeed.

Good luck with the project!

I think mounted "Musketeer" Dont exist.. If they had musket, dont shoot with it.. Because musket was heavy.. They had wellock Arkebuze ( Short musket)... On first in 30 year war.. Dragoons, had musket but dont use it. They use it on foot.. :wink: 

Sorry for replying so late,
My pc broke last week and I had to buy a new one.
But dont worry, I made a bunch of backups of my mod files.

Salte369 said:
I think mounted "Musketeer" Dont exist.. If they had musket, dont shoot with it.. Because musket was heavy.. They had wellock Arkebuze ( Short musket)... On first in 30 year war.. Dragoons, had musket but dont use it. They use it on foot.. :wink: 
I know.  :wink:
Mounted Muskeeter is just a bad "working" title and of course they wont use muskets on horse.
You wont be able to use a long and heavy firearm while mounted... ingame.

We need a bit more time to finish the open alpha version of BoE.
So the release will be in october or maybe november.

Hi guys.

Salte369 has joint our team as a historical assistant and tester.
It's better to have two or more guys with a lot of histroical knowledge to make the most realistic mod ever.  :razz:

And since I'm mostly programing all the time, I haven't that much time to do historical researches and visual changes like the armor and weapons of the troops.
So it's good to have another one to help me with such things.

I love rainy days...
Shooting a cannon with a shovel only works if "My Little Pony" and "My Big Pony" are close to you.  :razz:
ezhwzkx9.jpg

I'm actually working on some nice and realistic particle effects.
The rain uses 10 x 10 meters huge particles with many rain drops on it, instead of one particle per drop.
This looks way better and also increases the performance.
And even the rain has realistic fall speed- and air friction values.

The cannon is not final, I need to add some details and better textures, so it also looks better in the future.

I'd be glad to help test, give feedback, and help with the historical ultra-accuracy of everything (I'm a stickler that way  :grin:). Also, suggestions for historical content and stuff I can do. I happen to be rather obsessed with this period.

Good evening dear community...

IMPORTANT NOTE
We are looking for experienced coders with knowledge about shaders for Warband.
It's not that hard to write shaders, but I'm too busy to write them by myself and our second programer is also pretty busy with our database.

So this is YOUR chance to become part of our team.

What we need is Parallax Mapping, SSOA, Shaders for waving flags - flora - water etc.
Here is a nice PAGE with instruction's about stuff like that.
If you think you can do this, then please PM'me and I will hire you...maybe.
  :wink:

We also released a new intern version of BoE.
Every developer will get a link to the module system and the mod itself.
The next version for our testers will be released a bit later.
Code:
v0.234 (October 12, 2012)
- improved maps
- new sounds
- added a lot more single- and multiplayer troops
- largely improved mutiplayer events for better performance
- improved weather script
- add a presentation to show all items
- added new particle effects
- improved many particle effects
- added a new skill "Power Pull" which effects bows and crossbows
- disabled iron flesh, power draw and shield skill
- lowered attribute limit to 15 and skill limit to 5
- removed all unused items
- added new weapons
- added new artillery models
- added better LOD's for many items
- stamina is now completly implemented
- added a stamina and drown bar
- added the ability to enable the walking mode while reloading/readying/releasing a ranged weapon
- each player has now its own troop id and not only the faction troop
- ladder physics are allways enabled
- all Mamluk Sultanate tropps now have african faces
- couple of animation length and speed changes
- remeasured the exact sizes of all weapons and shields
- added a little delay after shooting with bows to prevent arrow spaming
- air friction of bulltes increased because of the bigger size and weight
- carry- and armor weight will be shown in mod menu
- item balance
- fixed player runs when walk key is pressed and readies a ranged weapon
- fixed cannon wont shot and rotate in singleplayer
- fixed knock down on shield bash works all time
- fixed a full quiver spawns while picking up ammo
- fixed client hosted servers wont spawn the host's player agent
- fixed broken stamina and drown bar after spawning with another troop

Scrat555 said:
I'd be glad to help test, give feedback, and help with the historical ultra-accuracy of everything (I'm a stickler that way  :grin:). Also, suggestions for historical content and stuff I can do. I happen to be rather obsessed with this period.
Thanks for your interest.
You can join as a tester... yes, but we don't need an assistant for historical things any longer.
If you still want to join the Testing-team, please pm'me or wirte in this thread.

hi guys. I will help Sebastian with his project. In what ways we will see :smile:

Its screenshot time.

Hello guys.
I made a bunch of screenshots for you.
Nothing special, just some landscape-, gameplay-, and menu-pics.
I hope you like them.

Landscapes
mb7xi.jpg
mb6ar.jpg
mb5r.jpg
mb4w.jpg
mb3ku.jpg
mb2h.jpg
Gameplay
mb10z.jpg
mb26f.jpg
mb33k.jpg
mb49u.jpg
New cannon and some tests
mb8t.jpg
mb79.jpg
mb77t.jpg
mb60k.jpg
mb92k.jpg
Menus and loading screen
startwindow.jpg
mb1ew.jpg
mb2ot.jpg
mb4et.jpg

I know... its mid november and we still haven't released the open alpha of BoE.
To finish our planned stuff takes much more time than I thought, so we still need some more time and I also have to wait for the upcoming 1.155 patch and a compatible WSE version for it.
This also takes a while.

I'm going to show you more screens and information about many new game mechanics etc. in the next days/weeks, so it is worth to take a look on this thread. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom