Prison Architect

Users who are viewing this thread

Looks good. I'll probably get it in the alpha when it's available.

I also like the art style, and I hate most cartoony art styles. It's done well. If it has good writing as well as what looks like good gameplay, I'll love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyKtNERXtdU

This is them presenting how PA came about, really interesting, the best parts are when the coder guy (chris?) gets on showing off all the tools and iterations of things he had.  Of the rezzed videos I saw off RPS, I really liked this one the best. The amount of cool systems he has implemented are awesome, and it is really insightful to see how all those cool things can end up as crap gameplay sometimes.

The graphics don't bother me that much, but if they're really serious about making the prisoners personable and something the player actually cares about, using realistic graphics instead of silly, barely human-like sprites is the way to go. It doesn't really set the mood right, IMO.

The game itself looks quite interesting, though.

Sethaniel said:
The graphics don't bother me that much, but if they're really serious about making the prisoners personable and something the player actually cares about, using realistic graphics instead of silly, barely human-like sprites is the way to go. It doesn't really set the mood right, IMO.

The game itself looks quite interesting, though.

Why, because people are so sympathetic towards real live prisoners? No, no they are not.

Tuckles said:
I like the sharp contrast between the cartoony graphics and the CG polaroids. It gives the game character.

This.

Although in one way I could see how detailed ingame graphics could be a plus as well. It'd then be possible to increase the detail level and atmosphere of the overall life in prison. For instance be able to in detail see the life of the prison "boss" or "bosses" if there were to be several factions and stuff. Heck, it'd be a huge bonus if they dared to visualise "dropped soap in shower" incidents :grin:
In a way the game is relatively dark already so...

Back
Top Bottom