MP Other Fire and Smoke: A Sound Modification for Muskets, Artillery and Explosions

Users who are viewing this thread

After having observed the sounds in-game more I have made further adjustments: Mixed explosions to be louder,
rearranged the musket sounds to make flintlock pistols sound less loud than the musket sounds,
changed rifle sound to have less echo, in order to compensate for the one file limit, and resulting lack of variation (eliminates repeating layers of echo).
Added a cannon impact and wooden rubble sound, that I mistakenly thought I had added before.

Download links have been updated accordingly.

Prince_Eugen said:
Nice mod, using it, mostly like the re-enactor sound pack. Thank you for the mod!

I appreciate the feedback comrade, good to hear the the reenactor sounds are satisfactory.

btw, are these sounds also working if i just drag-n-drop them into the WFAS-Folder? Or do i need the other mod for it? (The normal gunsounds suck flying pigs(srly.. it doesn't sound like guns))

ThaNightmare48 said:
btw, are these sounds also working if i just drag-n-drop them into the WFAS-Folder? Or do i need the other mod for it? (The normal gunsounds suck flying pigs(srly.. it doesn't sound like guns))
You will have to use Solecist's sound pack for that, link is in the OP. And I agree, the default musket sounds in WFAS are atrocious,
Solecist's sound pack improved the atmosphere of the battles significantly, made the game far more enjoyable.

Lolz i think i heard these sounds from ntw general andys sound pack but good to know theres one for warband! :grin: im loving it only thing needed

BetaKnight said:
Lolz i think i heard these sounds from ntw general andys sound pack but good to know theres one for warband! :grin: im loving it only thing needed
You are correct in your observation, those musket sounds are indeed from general andy's sound pack. Although mixed to work better in napoleonic wars.
In fact most of the sounds from both the sound packs are compiled from sound mods for empire and napoleon total war.

Btw, when will you be putting the greatcoat skins for the french line up for download?

Sorry for being such a noob D: but I can't seem to install it, afterthe download it goes to winrar, then I extract it to the NW sound folder but nothing happens :/ could someone please help me

Moogle said:
I've tried like 5 times
Hello Moogle, I am sorry to have taken so long to respond. Could you sum up what you did to the files when installing them?

What you need to do is:

1. Open the zip file containing the sounds.
2. Extract the "Sounds" folder.
3. Place all the sound files found within the "Sounds" folder in \mountblade warband\Modules\Napoleonic Wars\Sounds
4. You will be asked if you wish to replace the existing files, answer yes.

When you have completed these steps, try listening to one of the new files (for example "musket_shot01.wav"). If the file is working properly, and it is a new sound, the mod should then also be working in-game.

Thank you for trying the mod.

I have done all the things you said and tested the sound files but still no luck  :sad:
No need to apologise :smile:

I have a quick question, will the reenactor's sounds give me a more in-depth feel? Or the Fire and Smoke?

Moogle said:
I have done all the things you said and tested the sound files but still no luck  :sad:
No need to apologise :smile:
That is strange, do you still get the old sounds unchanged in-game, or do the sounds malfunction in-game? When you listen to the musket sounds in the \mountblade warband\Modules\Napoleonic Wars\Sounds folder, do you hear new sounds? Or are they the old sounds? Sadly, I cant do much to help, but if you do hear the new sounds in you sound folder, you know that you have successfully replaced the old ones, and if that is the case I do not know why they do not work in-game.

dude24oak said:
I have a quick question, will the reenactor's sounds give me a more in-depth feel? Or the Fire and Smoke?
It is difficult to explain the difference between them in writing, they both change the same amount of sounds, the difference between them is in the musket and rifle sounds. I would suggest trying them both, and judging for yourself what pack you prefer.
I personally tend to change between them too keep the game fresh.

Back
Top Bottom