[Map] Conquest - Version 1.62 released (Updated for 4.5).

Users who are viewing this thread

Liyndha seems to be winning; cheeriO!

Out of curiosity, how many factions were you planning to have? It seems to be three major ones, with perhaps a fourth if you gave a faction control over the starting village (which would be neat to see people fighting over, to get access to the "population" resource of people freshly joining the game or re-spawning) and possibly the Robber Baron Camp, though the name seemed to go either faction or bandit to me.

The village will be just commoner, as I first planned.

Currently, the town itself holds 4 factions:

1. Kingdom of Swadia (the main force of the town, expected to have a pretty high number of players; has a high military potential and is not supposed to be exclusively peaceful);

2. Town Watch (a minor force, with very little influence over the economy or military whatsover, having the only option to train as crossbowman; no buildings or economical props for them; they are expected to tax the main gate to the town and ensure the public order; note: they will heavily cooperate with the Kingdom itself, e.g. using the dungeon; uncapturable);

3. The Hunter's Guild/The Praven Tavern (a minor RP faction, which holds the Praven tavern; although they have all the food stockpiles in there, the profit will still go to the Swadian chest, so economically, they stand no chance; the only available training is huntsman; uncapturable);

4. Praven Shop/Bank (OOC faction designed for administrators and banking; it holds the first floor of the Praven shop; the second floor is an exact copy of the original shop from Native; uncapturable).

The rest three available should be castle factions. Apart from Grunwalder and Jelbegi, I'm planning to add a Sarranid castle on the northern side.

The Robber Baron Camp is an inspiration from The Guild 2 and is supposed to be an outlaw base. It will have the equipment of Mountain Bandits from Native, and respectively Brigand, Serf and Craftsman trainings.

From one editor to another, nice design on the town / castle. As you can see mine and 666's project the scale is much larger however same sort of idea.

Is this map designed for a low / med player base? Sorry for being nosey, don't know the scale of the prop variables etc to actually know how big the town / castle is :razz:.

Never the less, nice, will be popping in and out of this thread to have a gander at your progress :smile: .

Hello, I'm back again to scening. Since I lost the Operation Calradia map file, I have started to create another map, which basically has the same concept of reviving the Native locations, but with a bit of more imagination from my part (and yes, it's still 100% fap certified). I want it to be simple, conceptually and I hope that I'll succeed on this part. To add even more simplicity, there won't be any Town watch or "peaceful factions". You can check the first post for more details. I'll add screenshots soon.

As far as you can see, everyhting is close enough to the main faction castle in order for it to be convenient for people to integrally use all the features of the mod, but not too close that you wouldn't be able to raid a mine, for example. The Swadian territory is a gauge for the rest of the map, thus everything else will have almost equal advantages and features: one mine, one farm and one ship (except the middle castle). Furthermore, the walls are accessible only by faction memebers (no free roamers and trolls), each faction has a prison, one enclosed royal quarters, one tavern and one armoury. If you like it, share your opinion and you can also suggest any possible improvements.

The terrain layout looks great, but I'd recommend something more creative than circle-town-keep castle designs. Vaegir, Swadian, Nord, etc architecture is extremely different from each other. For example, Many Khergit native castles had multiple layers whereas Rhodok castles were generally built into mountains.

Thanks, I actually take that in account. The Khergit castle will follow the principle of Asugan Castle, if you remember it, combined with another Khergit town. The Rhodoks might get a bigger change on their part, since the layouts you see are subject to change. The mount in the middle will suffer some aesthetical changes on the terrain part, because it's too...simple. Today I'll visit more castles and towns from Native and see what I can get from there.

Thanks. Today I went for the Nord town, but I'm not pleased with the results, so I'll tear it down. I tried to make Sargoth on it, but the atmoshphere just didn't feel right. I guess I'll make my own variant there.

Edit: Allright. I need your help here. Should I continue to develop this variant or make another one? (note that the current one is not finished, especially the outside of it)

You can give suggestions too.

What do you mean?

Edit: BTW, I have made more modifications to the town, and now I can say, Sargoth is saved. :razz:
Once the walls fall into the hands of the enemy, there is the royal court to stand, which holds a ruined viking keep, enclosed by a wooden gatehouse. You can enter Sargoth in Native to see what I mean actually. In my version, the town was extended just by a little bit. Tomorrow I think I'll finish the whole Nordic region and I'll share it with you.

There's one inland nordic castle that has a notable design that I remember - I couldn't tell you the name unfortunately. It had walls etc but the interior of the castle was actually the same height as the battlements. It was like they dug out a hill and plopped walls on the outside. Keep in mind that the Nord towns are all on a coast line.

Yep. Now I'm almost done with the Nords, and I'm quite pleased on how the thing looks in general, but I still need to do some work there before I can show it to you.

Good news, I have finished the separated village and the robber camp, so I'm ready to move to the Khergits and Rhodoks. If anyone tested the downloadable version, feel free to say.

Hi again,

I have finished a big part of the map, and I would like you to test it and tell your opinion on everything you can notice. :smile:
http://filesmelt.com/dl/scn_scene_531.sco
Rename the scene to scn_scene_5 and use this code:
Code:
scn_scene_5 scene_5 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 300.000000 300.000000 -100.000000 0x000000033000124c000acab40000280700000c9f00000ab5 
 outer_terrain_pw_1
Please note that a lot of parts remain unfinished and need work.

Back
Top Bottom