[Map] Conquest - Version 1.62 released (Updated for 4.5).

Users who are viewing this thread

Conquest

Hello, as you may know, I'm a scener from the first ever days of PW 4, and I have created a quality map suited for a large playerbase. I'm using a scheme that was not applied by any other scener before, which is the resemblence of locations that you know from Native. This means, that while playing on this map, you are about to see the classical locations that you were used to in Native; more specifically: four towns and one castle, each represented by its own faction and culture. So, basically, I give you the chance to play Native in a Persistent skin. While making this map, I did not aim for impossible or utopian concepts that the average players can't follow or use properly, so my goal was to create something that combines role-play with classical co-operative warfare - the exact reason the mod was created for.

Features

• The resemblence of Native locations, like Praven, Sargoth, Jelkala, Halmar and Brunwud castle in all their might.
  • The presence of Native oriented cultures: Swadians, Nords, Vaegirs, Rhodoks and Khergits.
  • Seven factions (four towns, one castle, one TW and one village).
  • A simple and clear map concept which is easy to follow by the average player.
  • An unbalanced set or ore resources, which leads to faction rivalry.
  • Each cultural faction has its own dungeon, tavern and smithy.
  • Extensive use of enterable houses, which makes it easy for the player to interact with the main features of the mod.
  • The four towns are divided in two parts: the public quarter and the royal quarter. The royal place holds important buildings like keeps and prisons. That said, it is no deal for a filthy peasant to roam into the castle.
  • Decreased the engineer, craftsman, master smith and doctor training prices to encourage crafting and healing. The same thing goes about archers and crossbowmen.
  • The existence of a robber camp located inside a ruined castle.
  • The map uses almost all the features existent in PW 4, like ships (sailing) and ferries.
  • Realistic looking mines. Capturable.
  • A huge diversity of low, medium and high tier equipment suited for RP.
  • An efficient system of safe spawns.
  • Each town has a special hidden place where poison daggers are sold. Kings, be aware!
  • Straw hats everywhere!

scn_scene_5 scene_5 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 300.000000 300.000000 -100.000000 0x000000033000124c000acab40000280700000c9f00000ab5
outer_terrain_pw_1
Disclaimer: You cannot edit the map without my permission or advice (exception: stocks).

Overview

TuNaE.jpg

The Swadians

Crossbowmen, good infantrymen, the best knights and fat kings. Their lands go far and so do their armies. Unfortunately, the might and wealth of these lands attaract countless hordes of enemies around it.

Praven.
KoHVn.jpg

Qe8_2.jpg

vVMr3.jpg

DxR5b.jpg

The Nords

Hear that rumble? Yes, it's those axemen who keep so close together that your courage sinks at the buttom of your heels. They are the people who like to attach the heads of their enemies on pointy sticks and land their longboats on the shore of your castle.

Sargoth.
qblw4.jpg

3FdLl.jpg

GV16e.jpg

tPVi2.jpg

The Khergits

What's so special in a huge cloud on dust? Well, a horde of horse archers that cannot actually use their bows on horseback, but are naughty enough the scare even the fleas out of your army. These are the men of the khan.

Halmar.
sIhNi.jpg

FpR78.jpg

OQ_10.jpg

33ZoM.jpg

The Rhodoks

They have more pikes than you got heads in your army. The nightmare of every horseman and the dream of any velvet trader.

Jelkala.
jmDYc.jpg

SYWFT.jpg

yvAGG.jpg

_rqJo.jpg

The Vaegirs

The ones who are ready to darken the sky with arrows. Certainly, here you can find the best archers in the world and winter-hardened people.

Brunwud Castle.
D0vsZ.jpg

076E-.jpg

0w-MX.jpg

The peasants

Hm? So the Calradains have decided to build a new village on a lonely coast, but if they want to survive, they indeed have to put themselves under protection of a worthy sovereign or, become the next conquered land by a powerful kingdom.

Serindiar Village.
Bfr3v.jpg

EVIGn.jpg

The Outlaws

A purse? What purse? No, we didn't see it.

Hollow Bastion Hold.
0prlJ.jpg

-yceJ.jpg

pkyv0.jpg

A trap!
Ukino.jpg

See my other works:
- The Land of Change Map;
- The Islands of Fortune Map (outdated);
- Knock-knock: Enterable houses for PW mod.
Enjoy my cringy map names.
My contributions:
- Revival of the first ever PW map: Oceania;
- Overhauls for the RCC version of Valley of Swamps.

Dark_Hamlet said:
Grunwalder of course!
Indeed! Looks amazing. I voted for Jelbegi, since I think its the second best, and most people will vote Grunwalder, so at least Jel will get some votes

I have yet to see a good scene consisting mostly of sarranid factions while the exception would be the rhodoks or the swadians. Few rivers, lots of dunes, a lost temple or two buried in the sand, some nice monuments, etc.

I can not say I do not like Grunwalder, but Jalbegi is perfect PW castle for me. It is small. Easy to deffend and atractive to relativly small group of players...and it is preaty  :grin:

NOVICIUS said:
I can not say I do not like Grunwalder, but Jalbegi is perfect PW castle for me. It is small. Easy to deffend and atractive to relativly small group of players...and it is preaty  :grin:

The current status of the poll tells me that Grunwalder and Jelbegi have the greatest chances to win, so there won't be much trouble. :wink:

Just re-read and understood the section about drawing what we wanted to see  :roll:

Calradia-ation.png

All locations very rough, RB's camp should be closer to road etc., but this is just a "general opinion" of what I think might be plausible with the present set up. I would see it as sort of a fertile river valley with the fields/fish surrounded by elevated mountains/terrain that the castle factions/city faction enter into from across their bridges/check points.

My two cents.

Thanks for the drawing, I can certainly take some ideas out of it. The swamp is good too, though I plan to make a cliff in the eastern part of it.

Edit: Here is a version of the map for you to explore. Note that you can enter the town through the mine below, which leads to the sewers, and respectively on the streets. I would be grateful if someone can set up a little test server, so that I can have live feedback about it.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/OC.rar

The Bowman said:
Thanks for the drawing, I can certainly take some ideas out of it. The swamp is good too, though I plan to make a cliff in the eastern part of it.

Edit: Here is a version of the map for you to explore. Note that you can enter the town through the mine below, which leads to the sewers, and respectively on the streets. I would be grateful if someone can set up a little test server, so that I can have live feedback about it.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/OC.rar

Exploring now, it's excellent. The underneath element could use a bit more in the way of crookedness however; it's rather perfect angles and straight lines at the moment.

Did run into one bug: when you enter via the mine entrance and go straight for the first stairs to top side, when you open that door in the room while standing a bit too far to the left you'll be swept into and clip to within the nearby wall. Perhaps have it turn out instead?
142CFAAD5879D100142F43206BB3B7FB7708B7F7

The Bowman said:
Yeah, I thought about it too. By the way I have now finished Jelbegi Castle, well at 90%, because I need to make the terrain around it.

Jelbegi in the screen looks good and compact, and on quite uneven ground.

Where on the map is it located?

The Bowman said:
New poll up.

Liyndah hands down; Glumnar is just drab. I hate it on VoS, and I think the more open, wall-less village is generally better aesthetically and game play wise.

My favorite part of your maps has also always been the attention to detail that makes your villages so rustic and charming- neither of which are words describing Glumnar. Maybe I'm alone on that, but it seems to be the former with its neat grave yard and more spread, rural look with perhaps some wheat fields will be better for PW than the latter, more spikes-and-skulls kind of starter town. You know, sets a different tone for newbs spawning in  :mrgreen:

I voted for Liyndah...

[list type=decimal]
[*]Because of what Azrayel said, and...
[*]Because Glunmar is already in VoS! :smile:
[/list]

Back
Top Bottom