Favourite Paintings of the Napoleonic Wars

Users who are viewing this thread

French guard-chasseur à cheval:

20110828155705_vmarco.jpg

Charge of the 4ème Régiment de Hussards at Tarragona:

425284_252796784811238_1204163469_n.jpg

boogaard123 said:
Their old guard. I just don't know who they are fighting. Beige coats are just old guard musicians.
I... have no words for this.
facepalm.jpg

I think Viccard is right, battle of Eylau probably.

On-topic:
I am not sure, but I definetifely like this:

EDIT:
Mr. T just ninja'd me.
EDIT2:
Mitchel too.

boogaard123 said:
But all you see are 2 men with old guards hats which the Russians did not wear and their musicians. This is clearly french casualties.

Those are not old guard hats! The old guard did not wear shako's!

boogaard123 said:
Vicccard said:
boogaard123 said:
Vicccard said:
Lol. No. Show me a picture!

They are fighting Russians, and my guess would in the 1807 war in Poland.
Edit: Probably Elyau
Russian where traditionally dressed in green. They could be fighting in Poland maybe during the winter war? I do not know though.

Yes. But they had brown or beige overcoats!
But all you see are 2 men with old guards hats which the Russians did not wear and their musicians. This is clearly french casualties.
You have no clue what you are talking about. French casualties... even a colour blind retard could see they are not french casualties. They are russian

Let's ignore the idiots and get back on topic.

Joe, how did those dragoons even stay on the horses with those oversized helmets?  :mrgreen:

Vicccard said:

Joe, how did those dragoons even stay on the horses with those oversized helmets?  :mrgreen:

Glue.

On Topic:

27th Foot in Square at Waterloo: Suffered highest casualties of any battalion at Waterloo, The men at this corner of the square are Grenadiers.

dhm0507.jpg

Mitchel said:

Wow those ones are really nice Michel, like those ones a lot :grin:

Londnred said:
Vicccard said:

Glue.

On Topic:

27th Foot in Square at Waterloo: Suffered highest casualties of any battalion at Waterloo, The men at this corner of the square are Grenadiers.

dhm0507.jpg

That ones pretty cool, got a modern look about it so I'm assuming it was painted not long ago?

Now, here's some hot cuirassier-on-cuirassier action at Borodino - Saxons vs. Russians. I can't tell if the Saxons are meant to be the Zastrow Cuirassiers, or the Garde du Corps, but the Russians are definitely the Astrakhan regiment, by the yellow collars.

TBZA5.jpg

12_infant_napoleao.gif

A french regiment during the first invasion of Portugal by Junot.

Bluehawk said:
Now, here's some hot cuirassier-on-cuirassier action at Borodino - Saxons vs. Russians. I can't tell if the Saxons are meant to be the Zastrow Cuirassiers, or the Garde du Corps, but the Russians are definitely the Astrakhan regiment, by the yellow collars.

TBZA5.jpg

I wonder which cuirassier (the 2 leading the charge) died first....

:evil: ! This is a prussian unit while charging Plancenoit (I think it is the 1. Pommersche Infanterie-Regiment No.2) !

Pls: If u don't know anything bout units and the paintings then don't try to discribe em ....cuz its realy hard for guys like Captured Joe and so on....

Herr_Wolff said:
:evil: ! This is a prussian unit while charging Plancenoit (I think it is the 1. Pommersche Infanterie-Regiment No.2) !

Pls: If u don't know anything bout units and the paintings then don't try to discribe em ....cuz its realy hard for guys like Captured Joe and so on....

No,it isn't,it is a actual french regiment in Portugal.
I can give you the source: http://capeiaarraiana.wordpress.com/category/arquivo-historico/invasoes-francesas-arquivo-historico/

It is the battle of Sabugal.

hehe lol, so tell me :
why do the men have prussian uniforms and shakos? And also look at the prussian camp cap one soldier wears.
Also notice the church  :wink:
Also tell me why Karl Röchling should paint frenchies charging in Portugal  :mrgreen:

and if u need sth not written by me:

http://www.google.de/imgres?um=1&hl=de&biw=1920&bih=908&tbm=isch&tbnid=O7O7ymlSKeTBzM:&imgrefurl=http://vonpeterhimself.wordpress.com/2012/06/18/june-18-isnt-that-some-sort-of-anniversary/&docid=8kCs17jq1a4y0M&imgurl=http://vonpeterhimself.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/second-prussian-regiment-attacks-at-plancenoit.jpg&w=785&h=563&ei=TFsEUJmNLovwsgbdmajVBg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=567&vpy=454&dur=2171&hovh=190&hovw=265&tx=197&ty=107&sig=112635263465595282599&page=1&tbnh=135&tbnw=182&start=0&ndsp=46&ved=1t:429,r:39,s:0,i:192

Hrrrmmmm...

Qffs+v35lertBAVDeVgyMgcmqEopW6H2U9qw2o0SXZ3NjaXigg3IjUPw6Y8lmocR

Notice the officer on horse-back has two parallel lines of buttons in the center of his tunic coming down from the collar. French uniforms never had them in that fashion, only Prussian and Russian uniforms did.

but here are my favourites:

Prussians defending Kolberg 1807
2dt6bzm.jpg

Prussian charge at Preußisch Eylau 1807
2qb9eeg.jpg

The execution of the "Schillschen Offiziere" 1809
25kli5f.jpg

General Yorck in Königsberg 1812
2cf5nk2.jpg

Battle of the Hagelberg 1813
3445n2s.jpg

Battle of Großbeeren 1813
2cz6b78.jpg

1er_Gren_Mr_T said:
Mitchel said:

Wow those ones are really nice Michel, like those ones a lot :grin:

Londnred said:
Vicccard said:

Glue.

On Topic:

dhm0507.jpg

That ones pretty cool, got a modern look about it so I'm assuming it was painted not long ago?

You are correct, it was the only quite close up one that I could find of my Favourite and local regiment, the 27th.

Alright my bad then. (No expert in these things)

The uniforms we're actually blue in my source and since the portuguese wore blue and sometimes white I assumed they were portuguese.
And there was actually a church in the middle of Sabugal so it added more into thinking it was the battle of Sabugal.

I just found out the 9eme tirailleurs, a daughterunit of the pupilles were in fact in Paris in 1814.
As they are shown wearing their famous green uniform at the painting I shows you guys, it meant we wore the green uniform troughout the war. I'm a happy man.  :grin:

Nevr mind the typos, I'm in my ipad.

Vicccard said:
I just found out the 9eme tirailleurs, a daughterunit of the pupilles were in fact in Paris in 1814.
As they are shown wearing their famous green uniform at the painting I shows you guys, it meant we wore the green uniform troughout the war. I'm a happy man.  :grin:

Nevr mind the typos, I'm in my ipad.

Why does this make you happy?

Also, can I have your Ipad?

It means Londred, I re-enact not only the biggest and most international regiment in the guard, but also one of the few regiments who defended Paris. Besides that, they (7eme, 8eme and 9eme Tirailleurs) also fought at Leipzig and a bunch of other battles.
AND IF THAT IS NOT ENOUGH: they also probably wore the unique Pupille uniform during the 1813-14 campaign. I'm just really excited  :grin:

And, yes, you can have it! I HATE IT!

Vicccard said:
It means Londred, I re-enact not only the biggest and most international regiment in the guard, but also one of the few regiments who defended Paris. Besides that, they (7eme, 8eme and 9eme Tirailleurs) also fought at Leipzig and a bunch of other battles.
AND IF THAT IS NOT ENOUGH: they also probably wore the unique Pupille uniform during the 1813-14 campaign. I'm just really excited  :grin:

And, yes, you can have it! I HATE IT!

Were was the regiment you re-enact for when Waterloo was going on :???:

Back
Top Bottom