Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

thomasNL01 said:
shield bash is pretty handy.
also, how about making mounted units just a bit cheaper, cuz they are really expensive

Realistically mounted units would cost a hell of a lot, thats why most European armies were mostly consisted of Infantry & Archers/Crossbows, which a minority of the forces being mounted.

Also in Warband cav are quite OP so its only fitting their upkeep is very expensive.

Peton said:
thomasNL01 said:
shield bash is pretty handy.
also, how about making mounted units just a bit cheaper, cuz they are really expensive

Realistically mounted units would cost a hell of a lot, thats why most European armies were mostly consisted of Infantry & Archers/Crossbows, which a minority of the forces being mounted.

Also in Warband cav are quite OP so its only fitting their upkeep is very expensive.

then try to reduce the amount of mounted units in the enemy's army. I can genrally take of them alone, but if there's too many, they kill a few of my men before i can kill them all. And that's anoying.

pentagathus said:
Yes but lord parties are much smaller and its harder to get troops yourself. Plus (playing in england and ireland) the map seems much more dense.

This is true, I will reduce the size of bandit parties. Thanks.

thomasNL01 said:

Riding a warhorse back then was like riding a ferrari now. It is not supposed to be cheap. Its easy to keep up with the lords if you have two settlements (sometimes one will do it) and spend your time on beating the sh*t out of the enemy.

When a village resists looting attempts can the villagers be replaced with that village's levy?
Edit: Also mabye reduce the accuracy of throwing weapons because fighting the irish is pretty annoying.

pentagathus said:
When a village resists looting attempts can the villagers be replaced with that village's levy?
Edit: Also mabye reduce the accuracy of throwing weapons because fighting the irish is pretty annoying.

That is a very good idea.

When I designed the Irish annoyance was the only goal. They are supposed to make you not want to fight them.

Thank you for addressing and taking to heart my previous comments and suggestions. Here are a few ideas of my own, along with some responses to previous posts.

COMMENTS, RESPONSES, AND SUGGESTIONS
What I would also like to see possibly in any M&B mod is a change in art/sound design. The reason why I stopped playing Native WB was because the combat, art, and sound design got stale rather quickly. In complex mods (such as yours) I would like to see as much variation in art and game play design possible to set it aside from Native. And to also touch base with the previous comment that the armies should be the same for design purposes (paraphrasing here, but this is how i interpreted the responses from you guys) sounds more like a lack a creativity... (sorry if it sounds like an insult but I'm just calling it how I see it) I hope that the units in all the different nations will look different down the line, because historically speaking, while some nations were rather wealthy (which reflected on its troops) others were basically farming cultures who were very poor. Not all nations soldiers should be copy pasted, and I am actually surprised by the responses given by you guys. There should be a reason to pick a side. When I'm playing any sandbox-like game, there needs to be a stylistic difference between factions to at least give me the illusion of choice (be it, i choose the XXX over the YYY because XXX has cool armor and YYY has weak archers... etc).

Now focusing on another comment saying that I cant make my own personal army, then why not add the creation of a mercenary guild in a city? This would add a new game play mechanic of convincing villagers to become mercs, along with training and managing them, giving the upgrade system a more hands-on approach. Or even keeping the bandits at the current rate and being given the opportunity to enlist them! This could also lead to being hired or selling trained mercs to lords for a  higher salary than standard troops when trained properly. This could be in a similar system to that already implemented in Fire & sword, except the character can create mercenary guilds ALONG with hiring and sustaining a business.

At the current moment, there are only two routes to take in the mod at the moment: trader, and soldier. As a trader, one does enough side-missions/quests (with the help of NPC Hero's since mercs are way too expensive plus GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND) to gain enough money to start a bakery, etc, etc. The soldier route is even more difficult at the time since all the Calvary rush and get all the kills at the start of the battle. I hope in the future (preferably the near future) that at least a bank/loan system is put in place, so that a player can at least have a stable income. Forcing a player to be a soldier isn't fun, because the Mount and Blade games thrives on its flexibility in play-styles, I like playing this game as much as everyone else, but being forced into a situation isn't fun for many people. I hope that the creators of this mod keeps the entertainment factor in mind as they continue its creation.

Again, I would like to thank you guys for pushing out this mod in such an early stage to receive better feedback. Still am testing the game for minor/major bugs, and I will continue to post possible ideas to this forum if any good ones come to mind.

BY THE WAY
I  understand that you guys must have busy schedules as you develop this mod, but some of your responses to other people in forums have been less than courteous. Please in the future, try to be a little less abrasive and aggressive to other posters on the forum as you have been to me. I'm not asking you to be saints here, but some of the suggestions and questions have been rudely addressed and shrugged off. This is highly unprofessional and a good way to loose public interest in the mod. I hope you guys don't take offense to what I have said, and I again look forward to testing as this mod progresses.

(P.S I know there are grammatical mistakes in this post, but I'm not the greatest editor)

I do fail to recall any aggressiveness.

You are, to put it very simple, wrong.

Imperial_Flotsam said:
And to also touch base with the previous comment that the armies should be the same for design purposes (paraphrasing here, but this is how i interpreted the responses from you guys) sounds more like a lack a creativity... (sorry if it sounds like an insult but I'm just calling it how I see it) I hope that the units in all the different nations will look different down the line, because historically speaking, while some nations were rather wealthy (which reflected on its troops) others were basically farming cultures who were very poor. Not all nations soldiers should be copy pasted, and I am actually surprised by the responses given by you guys. There should be a reason to pick a side. When I'm playing any sandbox-like game, there needs to be a stylistic difference between factions to at least give me the illusion of choice (be it, i choose the XXX over the YYY because XXX has cool armor and YYY has weak archers... etc).

There is no lack of creativity on our part. The troops are the way they are because of historical accuracy. Nothing more nothing less. You suggested earlier that Scotland should look like they do in Braveheart, and Irish troops should be copy pasted from bandits. I cannot stress how much this make you unable to put any legitimacy behind any sentence that you start with 'historically speaking'. I mean no offense.

I also fail to see how you don't find any stylistic difference between the countries, but I'll try to lay the land.

England/France - Strong cavalry, mediocre about everything else.
Scotland - All rounder. Not excellent in anything not bad at anything.
Ireland - Fantastic in skirmish/harashment. Almost all units will throw something at their enemies before battle. No crossbows, almost no archers, poor cavalry.
Norway - Godly infantry, their hirdmen are not to be messed with. Little cavalry but the few they have are okay.
Aragon/Castille/Leon/Portugal - Much like England and France, but with more focus on light cavalry and skirmish tactics.
Almohads - Fantastic all-rounder, great infantry and cavalry, decent archers. Got heavy cavalry, heavy infantry (which nobody else than Castille got), light cavalry, horse archers. More emphasis of horses than any other nation.

If I can throw it in there. There is not much variaty to choose between because so far only the Western Europe has been covered, and almost all of the states in Western Europe shared the same foundation of society, classic feudalism. Currently some noticeable variaty can be achieved with Ireland, Norway and the Almohads, but once we start going east you will see more distinctive styles to choose from. The Swedes, the Italian city states, Poland, Hungary, Serbia, Byzantium, the Baltic and Rus' all had distinctive styles and will be unique to play as.

A suggestion:
Maybe think about changing some of the factions' colours on the map.
Currently, it looks way too much as E1200. :wink:
I mean, I understand that the England, Leon and France (red, purple and blue) have that colors on their flags, but some factions like Portugal, Scotland and Ireland have no medieval connection with the colors light blue, dark blue and green.

And don't get me wrong, this has nothing to do with the fact that I am from E1200, but whenever I enter the game to play Blue Blood, after I played E1200, I see almost the same map as in E1200, because of the colours, and that bores me a bit, since I have a feeling that I have not entered a new mod.

MihailoSRB said:
A suggestion:
Maybe think about changing some of the factions' colours on the map.
Currently, it looks way too much as E1200. :wink:
I mean, I understand that the England, Leon and France (red, purple and blue) have that colors on their flags, but some factions like Portugal, Scotland and Ireland have no medieval connection with the colors light blue, dark blue and green.

And don't get me wrong, this has nothing to do with the fact that I am from E1200, but whenever I enter the game to play Blue Blood, after I played E1200, I see almost the same map as in E1200, because of the colours, and that bores me a bit, since I have a feeling that I have not entered a new mod.
you can change them yourself in camp menu.

Nick147 said:
you can change them yourself in camp menu.
Hah! Man, I'm drunk! :mrgreen:
I thought that was only for a player's custom faction (obviously I only read ''change the colour of the faction(s)'').
Excellent stuff there, to change colours as you see fit. Good job!

Imperial_Flotsam said:
At the current moment, there are only two routes to take in the mod at the moment: trader, and soldier.
Thank goodness Udud (and any other mod-maker) isn't going for absolute historical accuracy, otherwise if you'd start as a commoner in a feudal society, you wouldn't even have the chance to become a lord (much less a king). Not to mention starting as a serf...

Back
Top Bottom