THE BATTLE WILL COMMANCE ON THE 22.07.2012
Server: TO BE ANNOUNCED
Module download: TO BE ANNOUNCED[/b]The battle has been officially post-poned to an undisclosed date. We are extremly sorry for the inconvinience that this has become but it is impossible to stage the battle due to technical issues.
The battle of Grunwald was one of the biggest engagements in medieval Europe's history. It took place 602 years ago, in 1410. Haven't you always dreamed to return to those forgone times and take part in the epic struggle between the Teutonic Order and the Polish Kingdom? Haven't you always wanted to seize a sword and along with thy companions take the field? To sway the tide of battle to the side you favoured? It IS possible!
For the third time we are hosting this great event for you, to commemorate the olden medieval history. For the occasion we are creating a special, better than ever mod on the Warband engine, adding new units, equipment and battlegrounds - all to salute the brave knights fighting and dieing on the fields of Grunwald.
Do you belong to a clan? Nothing better, go ahead and register your kinsmen for the battle! Are you a random unsorted player? No problem! Everyone is encouraged and eagerly awaited! The fate begs for your participation, wishes to witness your struggle on the 22nd of July! Belay no further! Join us!Q&A because everyone loves them!
- Q: How big will the event be?
- A: We will be hosting a 200 slots server, 100 people per side. Firstly we will fill the server with clans, than individual players.
- Q: Who will lead the factions?
- A: Lisek will be the hochmeister of the Teutonic Order, while MatBerserker will command the Polish Kingdom.
- Q: If I'm not polish, can i fight on the polish side?
- A: No, unless you join up with a polish clan - but that you will have to manage yourself. Otherwise, all non-polish participants will be in the Teutonic Order.
- Q: I have a PhD in ignoring large quantities of written information so when will the battle happen? / How do i herpderp? / What event is this? / What server guiiiz?
- Q: How to participate in the battle?
- A: Register in THIS topic using the form below. Copy, fill out and paste.
All organized clans will be assigned to pregenerated banner, which they can choose. To participate a clan needs to bring at least 12 people. If a clan cannot supply the mentioned manpower, they will need to ask another clan to take them into their banner.
- clan's name :FOR RANDOM PLAYERS:
- ringleader's name :
- colour bearer's name :
- number of participants :
- preffered formation (choose from the list) :
Requesting participation in a organized banner.
All players who are not in a clan will be assigned to the St. George's banner. The aforementioned banner will be staffed by the event administration.
- player's name :
- where did you learn about the event :
- how old are you :
- are you in the possesion of a microphone :
Requesting participation in the St. George's banner.
- Q: What will i need to join up?
- A: You will need to have a working, original copy of Warband and Teamspeak 3 (on this further in the post). We will also want you to read the ruleset when we post it a day before the battle, so that we won't have to boot you when you do something wrong because you are not aware of what's what. Also, big balls are welcome.
- Q: Where do I download the mod, on which the battle will be played?
- A: Currently the module in being updated and enriched. There will be a lot of upgrade since last year so currently it is not available. When it's up, we'll tell you.
- Q: What is this TeamSpeak 3 device that you are speaking of?
- A: It is a application used to communicate with other people, required for the event due to the fact that the commanders will be giving orders through it. More details on the matter will be posted next week.
- Q: What can i get banned or kicked for?
- A: You WILL be punished if you:
- spam over the TeamSpeak 3, making the commander's life difficult
- excessively kill teammates
- grief your team
- disobey orders
- use excessive foul language
- Q: Which pony is best pony?
- A: Derpy Hooves is best pony.
Attention! Every unit will have a separate TS channel with it's own ringleader. The faction commander will be giving the orders to the ringleaders whom will pass the orders to their units.
All clans participating in the event are required to confirm the number of men as well as stating the name of the ringleader and colour bearer. In case of two clans creating a single banner - one clan gives a ringleader, the other gives the colour bearer.Order of Brothers of the German House of Saint Mary in JerusalemManpower 90-108 out of 125
Unsorted banner - 8 men