Hello dear Community,
First of all you should be thinking, - "O'really another Roman Multiplayer mod?!". I can't disagree with you! But we as developping team, will be trying to make it playable, and fun to play. We just do our best and see what we can do. Learning from such a project is by us an high priority. We all know that there are/where more Roman era mod going already quite some time. These "two" are named Mount&Gladius and Imperator (witch of the team unfortunately stopped working on). And that you prefer those more than the "version" we are making is totally up to you. But please refrain from posting "shit" on this thread, seeing all we try is to do our best, and as stated before try to learn more from it. For the rest, we've been building on the 2.0 version from Llew, and used other OSP's to get a first version finished as soon as possible. No own items are included, witch are reserved for later patches. For some questions take as well a look at the Q&A it might help you and it will provide some needed information to get the whole thing. So.... If you are ready for another Roman Era mod? And what to see more? Than go to the features!
Servers are up and ready for some gameplay! Here the mirrors
Version Rome at War 1.2 (Rar File) Mirrors 1.2 - Full version n o earlier version required
- Mediafire Mirror
Version Rome at War 1.1 (Rar File) Mirrors 1.1 - full version no earlier version required
- Mediafire Mirror
How to Instal? - Download, - Unpack in your Warband/Module folder - Launch the Game and Play!
- Added 4 new swords to the Hellenic States
- Added 3 Helmets to the Hellenic States
- Fixes that other classes than Cavalry could mounth horses
- Some small adjustings to the armours
- Lowered Hitpoints shields even more
- Fix some spelling mistakes
- former Velite class is now renamed to Auxilia
- Removed Segmentated Armour & Legionnairy Helmet from the Auxilia class
- Javelins added to the Auxilia class.
- Character at the "character menu" has now some armour instead of being naked.
- Roman Imperial Empire name has been changed to Roman Empire
- Adjusted the prices a bit,
- Adjusted overall weapon stats.
These are the current "features" included in the mod.
- Three Factions, - Celtic Tribes, Roman Empire, Hellenic States.
- Three Maps, - Germanic Village and The Limes and Watchtower.
- Graphical stuff.
- Changes in the stats.
- Three Classes for each faction.
- Limmited support on Custom Battles.#Notes
- This is based of the 2.0 version from Llew. #
- This is what currently in the mod, this is not what were planning to make in the future. (To keep suprises possible :p)
- Taco ~ Research/Historical Advice/Modeling
- Gothic Knight ~ Modeling/Texturing/Historical Advice
- rgcotl ~ Modeling/Texturing/Advice
- Talii ~ Research/Advice
If you wish to help us out in a way like... Researching, Texturing, Mapping, Modeling, scripting/coding.
Than please contact us! Any help is more than welcome, and it gets progress going much faster!
- Thank yours/OSP's
Many thanks to all these persons and there OSP's. Witch without we couldn't have made this first version!
For all his help with the Hellenic States! And for all the equipment, and other help!
For his Mount&Gladius v2.0 OSP
For his Roman Era Buildings OSP
I believe there is a weapon of one of your OSP's in, but I'm not sure so just in case. I've added you.
- Gothic Knight
I believe there are some items of one of your OSP's in, but I'm not sure so just in case. I've added you.
If I forgot someone please tell me, and the name will be added to the list
For some questions witch might be asked.
Q# Why is there the Hellenic States faction, but not the Republic? Witch is not historical accurate...
A# Republic and all around the era is in progress.
Q# Will the Roman Republic be added in any later date?
A# We are planning to add the Roman Republic in a later status of the mod, when we have the needed resources.
Q# Most stuff looks more Macedonian, why is this?
A# We use Macedonian and Greek stuff to provide the Hellentic States Faction with resources, perhaps in an later state we could split it up. #Note
if there are any other questions, witch i might have forgot to add here, than please feel free to ask!
Thanks for taking a look!
Rome at War ~ Team