Wolfpack Siege Server (Until 13/7/2013)

Users who are viewing this thread

Sounds like a very good idea, will it run the same admin mod that 22nd did? Namely with the side swapping and defender lives features as I found that made siege far more enjoyable.

Edit: Also class limits?

sammac said:
And the original custom maps.

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing some of them return, some of them I think you could forget about, the really big helms deep one isn't much fun and neither is the one with the wooden fort in the middle of the forest, both have stupidly long travel times for attackers.

Lord Rich said:
Sounds like a very good idea, will it run the same admin mod that 22nd did? Namely with the side swapping and defender lives features as I found that made siege far more enjoyable.

Ideally I also found it was far more enjoyable to have a certain amount of lives as defenders. It stops the majority of defenders simply rushing out and killing people at the spawn and makes the defender very much value each of their lives.

Lord Rich said:
Also class limits?

I think the old 22nd Siege server had class limits. I would support the idea of having them, as it would stop 'as much,' archer spam as defenders for example. I hope it will be implemented.

sammac said:
Lord Rich said:
sammac said:

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing some of them return, some of them I think you could forget about, the really big helms deep one isn't much fun and neither is the one with the wooden fort in the middle of the forest, both have stupidly long travel times for attackers.

Oh I agree. There won't be a guarantee that all will return, but we plan to keep the popular and well balanced maps.

Frosty said:
Yes! I love siege :smile:

THAT IS NOT A QUESTION! *Pulls out shotgun*  :mrgreen:

Edit: Added a FAQ to the opening post. Will add more questions later.

Fehnor said:
23rd siege

happy-i-see-what-you-did-there-_clean_-l.png

Ahhh I see what you did there!....

MaHuD said:
Good luck!

Thank you! :smile:

Ouh, nice, didnt play siege serious for a long time, the standard maps were too boring....
But still got endless siege maps for Warband, if you search some PM meh.
- Teamkills: will you remove teamkills by changing the percentage at the Administrator Panel?
Nah, I´d prefer friendly fire on 100%, self damage sux.

I have a few questions:

- Where will the server be located?
- Teamkills: will you remove teamkills by changing the percentage at the Administrator Panel?
- How many admins are you looking for? 22nd_Siege had many admins, but only a few actually played on the server.
- *Links with the question above* If admins don't visit the server when they supposed to, how will you solve that problem?

On the closing note: Great idea! I will be certainly visiting :smile:

Aðalráðr Vigfússon said:
- Where will the server be located?

The server will most likely be hosted in Paris or in the Netherlands. I am thinking of hosting it in Germany but having a server which is at least playable by Americans, really sticks in my mind. Though I really want this server to be for everyone, whilst having a playable ping.

Aðalráðr Vigfússon said:

Team kills will occur. Reflective damage IS a pain in the arse, because we all make mistakes when we play, I'd rather not punish that. Instead, if you do team kill a player, just like the old 22nd siege server, you hand over a life to the guy you team killed. Damage dealt to a team mate will not be at 100%, but at more forgiving 50%

Any one who persistently team kills will be dealt with quickly. It's not a huge problem.

Aðalráðr Vigfússon said:
- How many admins are you looking for? 22nd_Siege had many admins, but only a few actually played on the server.

I haven't actually set a limit on how many admins we will have. Its a large server, there will need to be a decent amount of admins. Wolfpack are still fairly active in the Warband, Native scene, you will be seeing a number of them, however we will have "public admins." Any admin recruiting will take place on our forums, where more details will follow. But we will just take on anyone, it helps if you are active in the Warband scene, preferably Native and knows the community well enough.

Aðalráðr Vigfússon said:
- *Links with the question above* If admins don't visit the server when they supposed to, how will you solve that problem?

Ah, well there will not be a rota for admins for when they should be on the server. The chances are that there is going to be a certain time during the day when admins wont be on... Wolfpack is largely EU based, and many other public admins could largely be EU too, its an EU server so it's to be expected.

Even if you are from the US or Canada, you can still apply and the more we have, the better.

I wouldn't think it as too much of a problem that the server at some points during the day will be admin'less'. I trust that the majority of players will just play on, and if there is trouble, you can post here, or write a complaint on our forums, and our admins will be right on the job.

Well, I know the 22nd siege server settings weren't to everyone's taste originally, chances are that it will be different.

Hey-ho, write suggestions! I'm more than open to listen and discuss any newer or current ideas.

Well with our NA siege we try to focus more on action and less on monotony.  Closer attacker spawns,  no defender life limits,  10 minute rounds,  etc.  I always found 22nd settings to be a bit boring due to the long walks and long waiting time if you run out of lives, etc. 

The thing is,  if you use 22nd siege settings you have to design maps around that.  Longer attacker walks,  limited lives (or defenders would never lose).  I prefer a team to stand on its combat merit.  If the attackers are good they should be able to overwhelm the defenders and get the flag without having to worry about draining their lives, and defenders fight more aggressively and sally out when they know they dont have limited lives..  It makes some intense matches.  We have over 120 custom maps on our server,  and they are all designed for those settings. 

I am sure a lot of europeans are used to the 22nd settings though and would fight any change. Sad really, most people who try our settings say they prefer it.  The only thing we don't do which I would not mind seeing is team swapping,  but some are opposed to it (just like in europe the na players are used to certain settings and fight change). 

If interested, contact me on steam we can talk specifics and possibly even arrange something more.

Aðalráðr Vigfússon said:

Not at the moment, but its something that maybe in future we will add. sHocK, who did the Wolfpack Den stats, has been busy over the past 3 weeks or so and will be for another few weeks. Not ruling out the suggestion! :grin:

Deaf Blind Dave said:
Well with our NA siege we try to focus more on action and less on monotony.  Closer attacker spawns,  no defender life limits,  10 minute rounds,  etc.  I always found 22nd settings to be a bit boring due to the long walks and long waiting time if you run out of lives, etc. 

The thing is,  if you use 22nd siege settings you have to design maps around that.  Longer attacker walks,  limited lives (or defenders would never lose).  I prefer a team to stand on its combat merit.  If the attackers are good they should be able to overwhelm the defenders and get the flag without having to worry about draining their lives, and defenders fight more aggressively and sally out when they know they dont have limited lives..  It makes some intense matches.  We have over 120 custom maps on our server,  and they are all designed for those settings.

That is true. No body likes a hell of a walk to get to the action, its the same with battle, especially when it is only an 8v8 or 10v10; then it can be ridiculously boring. As defender you would get 5 lives or so. Now you have to defend the castle for 12 to 15 minutes, you can't do it alone because you don't have infinite lives. What it does create is the idea of making players work together at holding a position, knowing that they need to value their lives and can rely on team mates to help protect them. But I would agree on the point that it is a pain in the arse having to wait around for a minute before you get back into the game, but before you do so, if you work well enough as a team, you would survive a good 3 or 4 minutes and still have 4 lives left.

The longer attacker walks is purely down to the map. Some previous maps were much better than others in which there was a little distance to cover, but were only seconds away from the combat. Sometimes it's good to have that little breathing space for any kind of organised group attacks to take place, but I do agree, it takes a lot of time to walk, but we are including a massive amount of players attacking, more space would be required.

I think you've hit the nail on the head though, its just a matter of who is used to which settings, and would obviously prefer the ones they are more comfortable or familiar with. Hopefully the settings won't be exactly the same as the 22nd siege. XD

Golradir said:
Awesome :shock: So the rumours are true!

:shock: Kiddy kat! ^^^

Back
Top Bottom