Wolfpack Siege Server (Until 13/7/2013)

Users who are viewing this thread

I really like the idea of siege events in warband. Think this should be your ultimate goal 'cause it really would spice up the game and its community...

Vincenzo said:
Wolfpack is getting all the 22nd maps and sourcecodes so your free to change it however you want and run it however you want.

Cheers.

Huge thanks for this Vince!  :smile:

grossart said:
I really like the idea of siege events in warband. Think this should be your ultimate goal 'cause it really would spice up the game and its community...

Perhaps not an ultimate goal. However, I would love to see this happen. Once everything is settled, perhaps we'll have further talks.

~Scar said:
Killfacer said:
Aye good luck wolfies!

+1 Really looking forward to it :grin:

Thank you Scar :smile:

Hopefully it won't be long now! Anyone reading this now and wants an official site to refer to about updates, please visit wolfpack-clan.com/forums or our steam group, the Wolfpack Warband Community.

Ooh, a new siege server sounds sweet.  Particularly with the 22nd settings.  No slight intended to GK's server, but the settings on it drive me nuts.  All too often I've seen the defenders (depending on the faction and map, naturally) swarm out and shut down the attackers because they have nothing worry about.  That isn't to say I don't have fun playing on it...I just enjoyed the 22nd more.

Hope you guys are successful with this.

Laisha said:
Ooh, a new siege server sounds sweet.  Particularly with the 22nd settings.  No slight intended to GK's server, but the settings on it drive me nuts.  All too often I've seen the defenders (depending on the faction and map, naturally) swarm out and shut down the attackers because they have nothing worry about.  That isn't to say I don't have fun playing on it...I just enjoyed the 22nd more.

Hope you guys are successful with this.

Same, I much prefer having consequences for being suicidal in siege as defender.

Laisha said:
All too often I've seen the defenders (depending on the faction and map, naturally) swarm out and shut down the attackers because they have nothing worry about.

No.  That does not happen often unless the attackers are horrid.  I have over 2000 hours logged on our server I have rarely witnessed such an event.  And defenders sallying out is a part of siege warfare that is realistic.  You don't get that with limited lives.  If you guys like to sit around for 5-10 minutes doing nothing because you "ran out of lives" have at it hoss.  Was just suggesting a forced change from what I see as poor settings would result in more likes over time. 

And Stuboi0 the misconceptions you have about defenders not using team work without limited lives is wrong.  But whatever,  do whatever you want to do!! Enjoy your 10 minute walks to the flag and 10 minute chat room sessions in between matches :razz: 

Laisha said:
All too often I've seen the defenders (depending on the faction and map, naturally) swarm out and shut down the attackers because they have nothing worry about.

Oh yes, I remember doing it myself on 22nd. Beginning of the map, 5 lives left who cares what's gonna happen? :razz:

Anyone fancy a siege event? I have an idea lined up.

A Film Themed Siege event!

2 Maps; Helms Deep (V2) from 'Lord of the Rings' and The Hot Gates from '300'. 4 Rounds on each. Both teams will get 2 rounds each to attack or defend.

Helms Deep, Vaegir defending, Rhodok attacking
Hot Gates, Nords defending, Sarranids attacking

Any other ideas?

Stuboi0 said:
Anyone fancy a siege event? I have an idea lined up.

A Film Themed Siege event!

2 Maps; Helms Deep (V2) from 'Lord of the Rings' and The Hot Gates from '300'. 4 Rounds on each. Both teams will get 2 rounds each to attack or defend.

Helms Deep, Vaegir defending, Rhodok attacking
Hot Gates, Nords defending, Sarranids attacking

Any other ideas?

• ban going naked (excl. spartans ofc!)  :mrgreen:
  • force some equipment part, like armor to be the same for everyone (looks cool)
  • remove gold bonus from kills to discourage fraghunting
  • mod nord warlord helm to give some body armor so spartans will be badass even when naked

Back
Top Bottom