Companions dissapear (for evaaa !)

Users who are viewing this thread

Zaipher

Recruit
Since i been starting playing warband with Diplomacy + PBOD  my companions started dissapear, first was Lezalit, i thought that i didn't remember or noticed the dialogue "look, is not you, it's me "....so i didn't payed too much attention, but a few weeks later, games weeks, he still doesn't spawn anywhere, and I'm starting to get a lot of downs in my army, so i thought, "wtf is Jeremus? why i am paying him for?", and there i was, Jeremus wasn't in the party anymore just like bathestur us and Nizar! and i am pretty sure they didn't say a thing about leaving

So i was wondering, Th is going on? will i ever see them again? I can live without Lezalit (but i have to get my lazy ass to train the newcomers), Bathestur and Nizar, but Jeremus...well, let's say i miss the old guy

Please help  :sad:

Maybe its because they weren't happy with you... Many of them have different things that they hate, like looting villages.

If they leave your party by themselves they are gone for good, so keep an eye out for what they like and dislike ..
This chart usually helps http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Mount%26Blade/Companions

Not for ever.

It can take months before they come back in Caladria. You have to ask traverlers about them regulary to check it.
At a time, it took near 6 month to have them back !

I alredy know that, they will like or be mad with what i do, so i selected a party wich everyone is happy with everyone and likes everything i do, the problem is that they just leave! No chat with me when i can persuade them to stay, not even a complain in the whole game, they don't leave, they dissapear! and i was wondering if it was beacause the mod i was playing

I don't know about the mod but I used to think with vanilla there was a bug where they would be gone forever; then I did some forum research and found a reference to Renown - it turns out that there can be situations where they will not come back until your renown reaches a certain level (I think above where it was when they left based on the number of days they have been gone).

Try going on a Renown gaining crusade and see if that brings them back to the taverns.

BDK said:
If they leave your party by themselves they are gone for good, so keep an eye out for what they like and dislike ..

They're not gone for good, but it can take a good long while before they return--like months.

Zaipher said:
I alredy know that, they will like or be mad with what i do, so i selected a party wich everyone is happy with everyone and likes everything i do, the problem is that they just leave! No chat with me when i can persuade them to stay, not even a complain in the whole game, they don't leave, they dissapear! and i was wondering if it was beacause the mod i was playing

I don't know if it's the mod--I've played with Diplomacy + PBOD for as long as I can remember (through multiple games) and I've never had this issue.  Are you using any other mods?  Done any other tweaking of the game?

JosieJ said:
BDK said:

They're not gone for good, but it can take a good long while before they return--like months.

Zaipher said:

I don't know if it's the mod--I've played with Diplomacy + PBOD for as long as I can remember (through multiple games) and I've never had this issue.  Are you using any other mods?  Done any other tweaking of the game?

Just PBOD + Diplomacy with a mod with animations, in the thread of the merged mod says "if you wanna play with this mod...", and one that changes banners into betters one...any ideas?

Your mod's compile should not be a problem, if you started a new game from there.
If using old save when merging under mods can be authorized, it can be a critical source of bug.

I feel your pain!  Several months ago I loaned-out that cross-eyed galoot Alayen to a lord who I was buttering-up as a potential recruit -- mostly in order to bring his holdings into Isolla's kingdom.

That fool lord ended up getting himself captured by an enemy soon thereafter and eventually joined them

I've visited every tavern in the lands on a regular basis and no news of the lad.  Travelers are not helpful and his character page shows that his whereabouts are unknown.

He was the last hero I had brought on-board and we have done well in his absence, taking all but Jelkala from the Rhodoks since he left as well as most of the Swadian ancestral holdings.  But I had a maxed-out harmonious party and had invested in decent equipment for him, so it will be nice to get him back if he ever shows up again.

If you get captured by an enemy lord, sometimes they'll get imprisoned in some castle dungeon. I lost Klethi and Deshevi for awhile till I took a prisoner quest, and when I broke into the dungeon, they were both in there as well. Freaked me out.

Not to necro this thread or anything, but I wanted to update.

My buddy Alayen finally rejoined the party.  He was easily gone for a couple of game-months and I couldn't get anything from ransom brokers or travelers on him during that time.

And I don't know if it was co-incidence or not but he showed up a few days after I checked my companion missions report for the first time during that period.  It showed him as attempting to rejoin the party.

Back
Top Bottom