NW Completed International Regiment Coalition Thursday Line Battle(October 18th at 8pm EST)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the thread of the [relatively] new North American Thursday Linebattle, organized by Tormidal and Ropin of the 7th KGL, and Argus of the 1stWFI. For the time, this event will be small as we test and tweak the server, as well as the amount of people we allow in.

Info
This Battle will be EVERY Thursday, at 8:00 PM EST.

The battle will always take place on 7th_KGL_PublicNow IRC_Official, unless problems arise, in which case, commanders will be notified.
The teamspeak will be 212.227.249.185:9200, Commanders MUST be in the administration channel about 5 minutes earlier to receive the password. If you require a channel for your regiment, we will provide one.(Be sure to wear your tags)

The battle will be made up of 2 maps, the winner being declared on a basis of best out of 3 rounds.
add Shamrock1332 on steam if you have any questions.

We do have our own steam group, so I encourage you to join that if you are participating.

Rules

These rules are almost universal and should not need to be said.

1) Double gunning is not allowed.
2) You MAY NOT fire from horseback. Dragoons must dismount and form a (skirmish) line.
3) You are not allowed to delay a defeat by hiding/running. That player or group of players may be kicked.
4) Teamkilling is not allowed. Multiple offenses will result in a ban and even a probation for that regiment.
5) If you have less than 3 people left in your regiment, you must join an allied line.
6) You must be in formation to fire.
7) You may not crouch as line infantry. You may only crouch if you are out of combat and not firing. Skirmishers are the only exception, as well as double rank lines.
9) All players must stay in a line or formation, unless in melee. This excludes sappers and Commandes.
10) All regiments and roles are allowed to use cover, crouching is allowed in this situation.(trees, rocks, sandbags, bushes, etc.)
11) Artillery Crews have a max of 10 people. 2 guns, worked by 1 or 2 people. The rest may act as a guard. Skirmishers may have up to 12 people
12) Each regiment may ONLY have 1 sapper, if they desire so.
13) No regiments are allowed to recruit during the line battle. The only group that is allowed to recruit, is the pub regiment.

Roles
Regiments may act as one of four roles in any of these battles.

Line Infantry
This is your basic line, as most regiments are. They must fight in a single or double rank line, which must have a minimum of four people.

Skirmishers
These rifleman, one per team, are allowed to spread out and crouch while firing. Regiments signed up for this role may also play as Light Infantry instead.

For the sake of more fighting, these two roles are being removed.
Cavalry
If you are signed up for cavalry, you may pick which cavalry regiment to play as. The choice is yours. If you pick Dragoons, you MAY NOT fire from horseback. Thats a no no.
You may have up to 12-16 people.

Artillery
Artillery Crews may consist of 10 people. 2 guns each worked by 2 people, and 6 guards

Interested?

If you are interested in attending this event, please fill out this template and PM it to me. I will reply to let you know if you make it in. I will tell you before the LB if you get a special role or not.

Commander's Steam name:

Regiment name:

Numbers of members you wish to bring:

Role:

This roster is to list which Regiments will be participating for the upcoming line battle.

7th Kings' German Legion
89th Royal Guards
95th Kolberg
18e
2te Kongliche Guard
83rd
Nr13
13thSLI
90y Moscow Infantry

Please note; this is a public event. A regiment does not have to stick to their normal role every week.

If you wish to participate as a public player, we will have a channel and regiment set up for you to join. Please be in the teamspeak at 1:45pm EST, in the channel labelled as the Public Regiment.
The public regiment will be led by either Almus or J D of the Pub_Regiment

If you have any complains, suggestions, concerns, or questions, please add me on steam, as stated above, or message me on here.

Regiment name: 43rd Monmouthshire Regiment of Foot

Numbers of members you wish to bring: 10

Role: Light Inf (Skirmishers)

Menelaos16 said:
Are there any double rank rules? I'm somewhat interested.

We won't FORCE you to be in double rank, as it is up to the commander to decide, but the logical decision would be that after around 14-16 guys, you would want to be in a double rank.

Seems interesting.  I've been hoping for another mid-week Pub linebattle for a while.  :grin:  I should be there.

J D said:
Seems interesting.  I've been hoping for another mid-week Pub linebattle for a while.  :grin:  I should be there.

We may or may not have enough people for a public regiment. You are, however, free to join any of the participating regiments, if you feel like doing so.

Tormidal said:
J D said:

We may or may not have enough people for a public regiment. You are, however, free to join any of the participating regiments, if you feel like doing so.
I can personally host a public regiment if I decide to do the thing with my regiment or not. I have plenty of experience as an officer and would love to help.

ADrunkenIrishman said:
Not really the best time for a NA event  :???:

I concur, but since it's currently summer and  plus given the average age of the NW community is within the 16-18 range ( a general statistic given by the most or only age poll)... It is not bad at all. Fortunately ,I think I MIGHT be able to pub in this event as some things opened up.

Menelaos16 said:
Tormidal said:
J D said:

I can personally host a public regiment if I decide to do the thing with my regiment or not. I have plenty of experience as an officer and would love to help.

That'd be great, if its okay with you, id still prefer that you use the TS listed, just for ease(of the pubbers, anyways).

ADrunkenIrishman said:

We may move to a later time once school starts getting started up.

SilentMatthew said:
ADrunkenIrishman said:

I concur, but since it's currently summer and  plus given the average age of the NW community is within the 16-18 range ( a general statistic given by the most or only age poll)... It is not bad at all. Fortunately ,I think I MIGHT be able to pub in this event as some things opened up.

You're welcome to come.

SilentMatthew said:
ADrunkenIrishman said:

Any tips on potentially running a pub regiment for one day a week lol? I have a training Thursday so Ill tell my guys to do this instead.

Menelaos16 said:
SilentMatthew said:
ADrunkenIrishman said:

Any tips on potentially running a pub regiment for one day a week lol? I have a training Thursday so Ill tell my guys to do this instead.

Well its time to start, so. Just run it like you would a normal regiment, we'll give you some time at the beginning to drill them if they havent done it before.

I apologize for the double post.

First line battle went more or less smoothly, with a few hiccups here and there.

Next week, we will have a different commander leading the Public Regiment, for those of you who want to come as public players.
And hopefully, overall attendance will be grander. ^.^

Out of two maps, UK won both against Russia.

To the regiments, dont forget to sign up for the next battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom