AAR- The Unified Calradia

Users who are viewing this thread

[size=12pt]The Unified Calradia[/size]​
An after action report​

Introduction:
Hi there! I´m kind of a new guy in these forums, and after "Me, Floris" managed to get me out of lurking mode, I have finally decided to take on writing my very own AAR. I won´t promise any kind of literary quality, since 1) this is just for fun, and 2) english ain´t my main language, and probably I´ll make many mistakes. Feel free to correct them, and I´ll thank you asap.

Talking about "Me, Floris", you could say this is entirely a Floris thing: I plan to roleplay a character that admires Floris itself (although I´ll place Floris in the past, as an old emperor of sorts), who knows his entire life, and shall nod in his direction many times. I use Floris Mod pack version 2.53.

My settings are as follows:
Damage to Player: Normal
Damage to Friends: Normal
Combat AI: Good
Campaign AI: Good
Combat Speed: Normal
Battle Size: 150
(I even copied Floris´s stats. Shameless ripoff? Could be)

I´ll start a few day ahead in the game, with the initial missions done, and already some renown under my belt. I´ll try to join the Nords, and on the long run, overthrow Ragnar and unify Calradia under the name of the Calradian Empire (Naming ain´t my thing, I know.). I won´t go trading around, and go for a way more direct aproach to it.

Hope you enjoy it!

Log nº 1: Dawn March 30, 1257
Finally, I can sit and write down the events that led me to where I stand now.

My name is D´Shacko, or as the vulgar Calradians pronounce it, DeZako. I´ll take it as my name for as long as I thread Calradian grounds, just to blend in more. I´m the son of a disgraced noble from whom you´ve probably never heard, who held a title in a land you´ve probably never heard of. My life there was miserable and full of disgraces, and as soon as I could, I set sail to Calradia, to make a name for myself.

This land is special for me, since this is the very land the great emperor Floris united. The tribes are the same, after the empire collapsed two centuries after the death of Floris I, under the rule of usurper Crasha IV. I shall follow his steps until this land is reunited once again, and my house is one of the most renowned of this continent.

I arrived here eight days ago, and I have finally gained some renown as a bandit hunter and tournament champion. I command a rag-tag band of mixed procedencies, from townsmen turned mercenaries to full fledged slavers. Our numbers are 22, counting with companions Edwyn and Jeremus. I could not write down anything because of a troublesome start, with some defeats at bandit hands, but now I´m set to make it big.

You´ll remember my name, be it for my victories, be it for my losses. You will.

Gameplay: Ok, so I have played a bit on this save, and I think I got pretty far... The forums won´t let me put up images, or that could be  my fault, but anyways, I´ll write down the relevant stats:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Log nº 2: April 26, 1257
It has been quito a while since I last ahd some time to sit down and reflect on the events of the past weeks. It has been a tough time, but I have taken some advantage from it. Let´s start where I last left the narration...

Last time I wrote I was camping near the small village of Mazen, on our way to Curaw, where I was planning to start building up my relationship with some lords, Boyar Naldera being my first objective. But, much to my grievance, I was told that he was out on a campaign the moment I arrived. Not willing to make this a vain journey, I heade to the local tavern. There, I happened to sit with a poor folk called Marnid. He told me he had to escape from his hometown after he was forced to kill a noble in self defense. Law in these lands is rough, although mostly for the commoners, and he became a poor beggar. I pitied him, and offered a place in my company. He had no real combat experience whatsoever, but I took him in, decided to make him a decent soldier, and give him a new life, as harsh as a mercenary´s life can be. He gleefully accepted and joined my rag-tag group of mercenaries.

I had to gain some renown if I wanted to be offered a fief, and what better way than winning tournaments? So I headed to the local master of tournaments, who told me one was going to be held at Suno. I inmediately set on my journey there.

On my way there, I headed to a nearby village to resupply myself, only to find it swarming with bandits. I took my weapons and headed my men in a battle against them, which we won without any kind of difficulty, with only 4 casualties on my side, only 1 lethal, and over 25 on the bandits side, 10 of whom were captured by me. The village people cheered me as their hero, and I had no problem to recruit 3 swadian soldiers for my cause.

Nothing remarkable can be said about the tournament in Suno, since I won easily even with a weapon I´d never used before, the tournament lance. I then heade to Yalen, where I, once again, won the tournament without any difficulties.

Life seemed easy, and I was getting some recognition from the noble kind already. But life has some harsh turnings.

On my way to my next tournament, on a city I cant remember, I was assaulted by an army of 70 bandits. My men and I fought bravely, and managed to bring down many of them, but they ended up taking us prisoners. I managed to escape near Sargoth, and Marnid made it, too. However, I lost Jeremus and Edwyn, And I wouldnt see them until one week had passed, when I found them at the tavern in Dhirim. They had escaped shortly after me, but, seeing they couldn´t find me, walked all the way to the city. They happily joined me, once again.

I thought neccesary to recruit more soldiers for my band, and ended up with 70 loyal men ( and some ladies) under my command.

Im writing from Tihr, where I plan to draw some attention form the nobles here.

I think all of these aars are dead... even Floris..
Only active writers are you, me and maybe cezar (author of Valerian)

Back
Top Bottom