ArmourWeapon damage

Users who are viewing this thread

inquisitor

Recruit
This has probably been suggested before, but crawling through 17 pages of forum posts would take me all day. Anyway, I'd like to see some form of armour or weapon damage put in, because at the moment you can just buy the best armour and weapon in the game, and then you're free to never worry about it again.

Realistically speaking, swords will have their edges chipped over time. Chainmail will have rings bent etc. I think it would be better if you actually had to at least look after your equipment, as opposed to bashing your sword's edge against a solid piece of plate with no consequences.

yeh, but people wouldnt like there xxxxxx denarr armour smash,
there xxxxx denarr weapons break,
maybe using repair kits to fix damage would be cool.

secondly, its not that hard to go throught 17 pages, use mousewheel to scroll and use the pages buttons at the bottom, while looking for damage ideas.

Instead of repair kits, I think that the blacksmiths should be able to repair your weapons for a good fee.

Worbah said:
Instead of repair kits, I think that the blacksmiths should be able to repair your weapons for a good fee.

Agree, though I think it would be good if it decreased the over all durability by a small amount, so eventually you would have to replace the item. Though by the time it broke, you'd probably have more than enough cash to replace it.

inquisitor said:
Worbah said:

Agree, though I think it would be good if it decreased the over all durability by a small amount, so eventually you would have to replace the item. Though by the time it broke, you'd probably have more than enough cash to replace it.

I wouldn't mind seeing equipment degrade after/during a battle due to combat damage, though if it (weapon quality) isn't included, I wouldn't mind that either.

After the opening game, money & weapons just roll in, I could throw away my weapons after each fight and buy new ones, and still have change for cigarettes and beer.

I suspect most players have more than enough funds after awhile to do the same.

I assumed at first that 'chipped', 'bent', 'cracked' and the like were modifiers your equipment could acquire through use and damage, like laming your horse. (I still wouldn't be surprised if that's already planned. It just makes sense, y'know?)

...of course, I'm talking about 'making sense' in a game where your shield is returned to full working order, and your arrows to your quiver, right after combat. :roll: (Don't get me wrong, it's a gameplay feature that actually works quite well. It's just not a point for the realism side.)

well, you can pull arrows out of corpses, easy enough...

However, I don't think Elmer's Glue is a good shield-repair tool.

Weapon Vendors could repair your weapons for a certain amount of denars per durability. Same thing for armorers. If your Balanced Sword of War had 60/90 durability, and it's overall cost was 30k, then you might pay 10k for repairs, and lose 10 durability for the repair.

However... In my opinion, I hate games where you gotta go repair your weapon every 30 minutes because you broke it. ESPECIALY if you lose durability every time. On this game I used to play, if you repaired a weapon/armor your self, it lost 10% maximum durability. Meaning if the starting durability was 100, and you repaired it 5 times, you would only have 50 max durability. -10% each time you repair it.

This makes using a weapon for extended periods of time very difficult, and low level players might not like paying for their items over and over again.

well here is an idea about that. if you loose a battle then your equipment sould have some kind damage.

Thier whould be a tool skill repair kit and so forth so if you do buya chipped weapon you can repair it... this would work if you were a merchant also buy a ****ty weapon fix it and sell it.. this would cancel out the blacksmiths fixing it fore you tho but it would be a nice touch

what you could fix and how long it takes dpends on your skill (lvl you can fix bent weapons takes 2 days) during those 2 days you could be attacked or you could stop fixing and continur it later.... or something like that something like that

i dont really like the durability idea... replacing all 50 of your troops weapons would make me broke in an instant...

Back
Top Bottom