With Fire and Sword 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

They see that something is good and people like it, so they copy and sell it. Their product is arguably better (just cuz its an expansion, not an "ordinary mod") and the mods get stripped of part of their fandom in favor of the expansions. Then what's  the point of making mods if game's developers copy your ideas? :???:

The sad thing is that Yoshi tried to get his Pirates&Fishmod released as DLC, but Talworlds rejected (or didn't answer, can't recall...). Shame, since that mod would be for sure worth it's money. Anyway, few months after that we got info that WFaS developers started to make this game. I don't really know what to think about this all... :neutral:

edit:

it was a mod made for the original M&B by SiCH.

There was no mod developed by SiCH. If you're thinking about the WFaS mod for original M&B game, then the mod is still there. It switched to Warband, changed the main concept, the name, but it's still a free mod. :wink:

Slawtering said:
@Kuroi Saying WFaS ideas was stolen is kind of stupid because wasn't it the same dev's as it was a mod made for the original M&B by SiCH.

Also they may have stolen an idea but its just an idea with no actual assets being stolen.
WFaS mod(developed by Poles) was first. Later Sich started developing their game. They even contacted developers of the mod asking for details like when will it be released or something.
Stealing an idea is as shameful as stealing property.

Commander Millander said:
If a decent clan based community cam out of this it would be awesome. Using Nw regiments as a example having that accept for ships with Marines, crewman gunners and other things.

Mother-f*cking-drive-by-with-pirates. I would support this game if it moved away from the slow combat and sped up a bit.

KuroiNekouPL said:
How to make easy money, tutorial by Sich studio:
part 1:
1. copy With Fire and Sword mod
2. paste With Fire and Sword game
3. ????
4. Profit.

Problem?

Part2:
1. copy Pirates & fishmod
2. paste "Towards carribean"
3. ????
4. profit.

Problem, modders?
Thats how I see it.

So? We haven't heard anything from Yoshi regarding the mod since last July, the mod is probably not being worked on anymore.

Frosty said:
So? We haven't heard anything from Yoshi regarding the mod since last July, the mod is probably not being worked on anymore.
Read what Slawomir wrote. Yoshi wanted to follow Vincenzo's footsteps. Also. There were no upades for MM Russia for a year, and noone claimed it dead. Then boom, you get a DLC.

KuroiNekouPL said:
Slawtering said:
@Kuroi Saying WFaS ideas was stolen is kind of stupid because wasn't it the same dev's as it was a mod made for the original M&B by SiCH.

Also they may have stolen an idea but its just an idea with no actual assets being stolen.
WFaS mod(developed by Poles) was first. Later Sich started developing their game. They even contacted developers of the mod asking for details like when will it be released or something.

I feel a need to inform you that while I get what you're trying to say in this context, in both legal and ethical terms there is no such thing as copyrighting an idea. Between "nothing new under the sun" and the fact that ideas, however cool and unique, can't really be 'sold', saying that stealing an idea is a shameful thing is a rather ridiculous claim in all regards.

Talking about consipracy theories.

Here's Yoshiboys posts regarding his idea being "stolen":
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,100066.msg4405004.html#msg4405004
Let me quote(and bold) the best part.
Yeah, I wonder why Yoshiboy after being a moderator and a productive member of the community for several years decided to pack bags and leave soon after this "caribean expension" was announced...

Looks pretty good.
If they import the gameplay from With Fire and Sword 1, i'll defenitily not buy it.
But if they decide to use a similar gameplay like in Napoleonic Wars it could be really amazing :mrgreen:

Clickachu said:
Looks pretty good.
If they import the gameplay from With Fire and Sword 1, i'll defenitily not buy it.
But if they decide to use a similar gameplay like in Napoleonic Wars it could be really amazing :mrgreen:

This post made me puke a little.

Argeus the Paladin said:
KuroiNekouPL said:
I feel a need to inform you that while I get what you're trying to say in this context, in both legal and ethical terms there is no such thing as copyrighting an idea. Between "nothing new under the sun" and the fact that ideas, however cool and unique, can't really be 'sold', saying that stealing an idea is a shameful thing is a rather ridiculous claim in all regards.
You never worked in science, did you? 

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

omtw9mh.jpg

Developed since 2004:

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?42484-OiM-TW-cousin-mod-thread&p=674824#post674824

Released as mod in 2006.

The Idea of a game with Pirate-setting is not new.

1monkeyislandontheship.gif

Has this game stolen an idea?

risenthree.jpg

or this one?

Yoshis fish-mod is a unique and creative idea, but not his pirate-mod. The only thing which prevents people from making such a mod is the huge amount of work. SiCh will make the work now and thats good.
But they will never reach this quality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imPxEsAsgXk&hd=1

Maxim Suvorov said:
Damn, there should be some steam machine to move so good upwind...  :shock:
Anything is possible in games. Reality is just an option. :wink:

Anyway I think the usual scenarios are better sold than any new idea.
You can sell anytime a viking, pirate, vampire, Japanese, shooter game or well-based brands like Lord of the Rings, Warhammer, Harry Potter or Game of Thrones.

Back
Top Bottom