[ENSC2012] HardGamerz European Native Summer Cup 2012 | Congratulations Rattys

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrej1 said:
captain lust said:
As for money in this tournament, I'm not sure right now. If there is any, it won't be more than a sweetener just to try it out and make things a little more interesting.

AE players can stop working :grin:
Not unless they really want to take that rat thing to another level.

Maynd said:
We sign up in this thread or what?
I've just posted it for scrutinising right now. I'll open signups tomorrow or something (I'll say at 12:00 BST, if you want to make sure that you sign up as early as possible). Signing up will involve full player registration though. No ID posting or copypasting. If you want to start sending players to the servers now, I'll accept anyone who goes on today as a registrant.

Tallie said:
This is the same as ENL or is it still ENL with another name :???:
Both of those options are the same... so I'm just going to say no. This is a separate competition.

Cleric_Johnson said:
Without money nobody will play those matches. You know that. Unless your using money then people wont fight them. Nobody wants to fight an extra load of matches for the express purpose of finishing second.
I don't know if that's necessarily the case but I guess we may or may not find out.

ModusTollens said:
What's the difference between a match of the best teams in the 1st round opposed to one in the last round - especially since it's (kind of) a knock-out tournament and in your system the two (supposedly) best teams will also only play in the finale per chance.
The crucial point is that if a team is knocked out in the first round by the team that goes on to win the tournament, it's potentially quite difficult to work out if they're any good at all. This system just gives a second chance to teams that might have gotten a bit of a raw deal with the draw.

ModusTollens said:
I still think that's a waste of time and effort for an uninteresting and more or less tiny improvement of objectivity (which is in some scenarios even totally insignificant).
I'm not sure why the negativity. If it seems like it wasn't worth it after it's tried and ends up being a load of hassle then it won't be used again. Personally I just think it's a neat solution to a problem.

ModusTollens said:
Or the opposite.
It's not like this would be the first time prizes have been introduced to a competition. US duel tournaments, Nations Cup, WFaS duel tournaments. None of those went up in flames because of them. Again if prizes are tried out and it causes a load of issues then it can be called an experiment failed and we can move on but if they work out, I think it could be a good way of bringing things forward for the community.

captain lust said:
ModusTollens said:
I still think that's a waste of time and effort for an uninteresting and more or less tiny improvement of objectivity (which is in some scenarios even totally insignificant).
I'm not sure why the negativity. If it seems like it wasn't worth it after it's tried and ends up being a load of hassle then it won't be used again. Personally I just think it's a neat solution to a problem.
Because modus. But with this template you suggested a 1st and 2nd place are logical, the 3rd place can't really be decided with it in my opinion, nor would it be needed.

Arch3r said:
Because modus. But with this template you suggested a 1st and 2nd place are logical, the 3rd place can't really be decided with it in my opinion, nor would it be needed.
It can be decided to a reasonable degree. At worst, 3rd place has won their half of the bracket, which is acceptable arguably.

captain lust said:
ModusTollens said:
What's the difference between a match of the best teams in the 1st round opposed to one in the last round - especially since it's (kind of) a knock-out tournament and in your system the two (supposedly) best teams will also only play in the finale per chance.
The crucial point is that if a team is knocked out in the first round by the team that goes on to win the tournament, it's potentially quite difficult to work out if they're any good at all. This system just gives a second chance to teams that might have gotten a bit of a raw deal with the draw.
A team loses 2-0 (with no rounds won, seldom having a kill) against the future winner, opposed to a 2-1 with a tie-breaker - and everything in between.

captain lust said:
ModusTollens said:
There's no negativity in my opinion, I just don't see the reason for this modus operandi since I don't see an early eliminated team as a problem (in a knock-out tournament). If you need it to organise seeded tournaments in the future it would at least have a purpose - but you didn't say so and I'd still think of it as a waste of time (for more or less the same reasons).

captain lust said:
ModusTollens said:
Or the opposite.
It's not like this would be the first time prizes have been introduced to a competition. US duel tournaments, Nations Cup, WFaS duel tournaments. None of those went up in flames because of them. Again if prizes are tried out and it causes a load of issues then it can be called an experiment failed and we can move on but if they work out, I think it could be a good way of bringing things forward for the community.
As long as the baaing of how an involvement of prizes "brings things forward" is reiterated, I'll voice the opposite opinion (with the same lack of thoughtfulness).

The prophecy said that one day will come a redhaired man, and that man will sell Calradia to the perfidious and greedy foreigners, because of his lust for the yellow metal.

Team name: Court of Reveran ENSC
Team tag: CoRe_
Team captain's name and contact details (one captain only - must include Taleworlds profile, preferably with a steam contact as well):
Name: Arch3r
Taleworlds: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;u=23925
Steam: arch3rnl

Have you read and do you agree to abide by all of the rules listed below on behalf of your team? (valid at 12:00 BST on 30/06/2012 - rules are subject to change):
Yes

Will your team opt for "Early", "Late" or "Flexible" scheduling? (this decision can be changed up until the start of the tournament):
"Late"

In order to register players, they must be sent to any ENL_Germany server from 29/06/2012 wearing your team's tag (password: enl20) and then listed either below as part of your registration, or added later in the ENSC (not ENL) Team Contacts and Rosters thread.
List your registered players here (you need at least 8 to register, more can be added up until the tournament start and at points throughout the tournament):

Not the entire roster yet, I will add more players before the tournament starts.
CoRe_Barny - ID: 17616
CoRe_Leoven - ID: 41243
CoRe_Mawi - ID: 220869
CoRe_Rasdor - ID: 57469
CoRe_Goker - ID: 226632
CoRe_Pandemona - ID: 16588
CoRe_BLACKTIDE - ID: 17907
CoRe_Arch3r - ID: 390080
CoRe_Hired_Blade - ID: 1941

Are you willing to play on only French and/or German and/or Hungarian servers? (you must be willing to play on any of these and there is no guarantee that the most neutral option will be available for your matches): Yes
Are you aware of the new match format, detailed below?: Maybe
Are you aware of the scheduling system, detailed below?: Potatoes
If your answer is "no" to any of the above or you have failed to correctly fill out the form, your team will not be accepted and your application will be ignored until a valid application is posted. Didn't answer no >:I

Golradir is being forced (by a dutch boy) not to enter the competition for CoR, because he is needed elsewhere. Maybe there will be a new clan in this tournament :grin:.

Back
Top Bottom