NW Completed North American Hardcore Line Battle [Fridays & Tuesdays][Full]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

5arge

Master Knight
rusbattle1.jpg

What is a Hardcore Line Battle? We have created a set of rules that confine the participating regiments within defined formations and compositions. By structuring the makeup and performance of the regiments involved, we have attempted to create a more challenging line battle, where teamwork and training are as valuable as skill and experience. Sternly enforcing the event rules, we hope that players will be rewarded more when they achieve victory, instead of stretching the rules in order to win.

Fridays at 9:00pm EDT and Tuesdays at 8:00pm EDT

TeamSpeak: 74.91.116.171

Admins: 5arge, JD, and Cthulhu

Assistant Admins: Deofuta, Heinrich, Sivart, Gunny, Chromakey, Savs, Nixa, Fuzzydude, and Zach

This bi-weekly line battle is open to public players and NW regiments by invitation only. The server will be passworded, and only public players in TeamSpeak will receive the server name and password once the event has begun. Pubs should join the "Public Regiment" channel where they will be given instructions. Public players who arrive late and miss the short training period may be denied the password. Regiment leaders will receive the server name and password via TeamSpeak in the Line Battle Administration channel. One skirmisher, cavalry, engineer, and artillery unit will be allowed per faction. We will be playing best of three rounds on three different maps. Regiments who would like to request an invitation may do so by following the Guest List Application instructions below.

If your regiment is on the Guest List and you would like to apply for a special position (artillery, cavalry, skirmishers, or engineers), send 5arge a PM for Fridays or J D a PM for Tuesdays, in the following format:
In the subject, place "[Role] Application for [Date]" ( For example, Skirmisher Application for 4/20/12 )

Regiment:
Role Desired:
Number of members:
Previous Experiences:

Please familiarize yourself with the event rules. Violators may be slain with no warning.
General Expectations:

-Officers and NCOs are responsible for enforcing the event rules within their ranks. Failure to do so will result in the entire regiment being punished.

-All regiments must agree that they understand and intend to follow the event rules before they are allowed to attend.

-Violation of any written event rule will result in an automatic slay. This is your warning.

-If either side has 3 soldiers or less alive, the rules governing combat may be ignored in order to expedite an end to the round.

-Postponing defeat will result in an automatic slay.

-Team Killing will not be tolerated at any time during the event, for any reason. Accidental TKs may be punished per admin discretion.

Guidelines for Infantry and Skirmishers:

-Lines of more than 8 musket armed soldiers must fight in two ranks.

-Skirmisher units may never exceed 15 armed soldiers (one officer and musician do not count toward this total unless they pickup a rifle/musket).

-Soldiers should only fire their muskets while in a properly spaced line formation (skirmishers must use a skirmish line).
              -"One space" is the width of your avatar on screen
              -Infantry should have less than 1 space between them if in two ranks, and no space between them if in one rank
              -Light Infantry (skirmisher w/ bayonet) may have 3 spaces between them
              -Riflemen may have up to 5 spaces between them
              -Anyone who fires out of formation and scores a kill may be immediately slain, and then slain again at the start of the following round
              -Persistent firing out of formation may result in a temporary or permanent ban

-Skirmishers (riflemen or light infantry) may crouch at any time, but Infantry may only crouch if they are out of combat, or in the front of a two rank line (even behind cover, earthworks, sandbags, etc.)

-If only 2 men remain in a line, they must immediately join a friendly line OR charge directly toward their enemy into melee

-If troops enter a building, only Skirmishers/Light Infantry may fire freely. Infantry must form proper formations of at least 3 men if they wish to fire a musket/rifle.

-If an Infantry regiment splits into two separate lines during battle, both lines must fight in two ranks regardless of numbers.

Guidelines for Cavalry:

-Cavalry units may never exceed 15 soldiers (one officer and one musician do not count toward this total).

-Cavalry may fire muskets from horseback, but must be in a line as with Infantry.

-Unhorsed/dismounted Cavalry are considered Light Infantry.

-Cavalry must stay together and fight as a cohesive group. Lone cavalry who are fighting far from the rest of their unit may be slain for ramboing.

Guidelines for Engineers:

-Engineer units may never exceed 4 soldiers.

-Infantry and Skirmisher regiments may have 1 Engineer in their unit.

-Musket armed Engineers are considered Light Infantry.

Guidelines for Artillery:

-Each faction is allowed 2 guns (cannon, howitzer, or mortar). They may not have 2 of the same type of gun. 2 rockets count as 1 gun.

-Each gun can have a crew of 3 Artillerymen and 2 Bodyguards.

-Artillery Bodyguards may choose Infantry, Skirmisher, or Engineer classes.

-Artillery Bodyguards may kneel and fire as long as they are within 5 paces of an active cannon.

Guidelines for Mounted Officers:

-Any player in command of 40 or more other players via TeamSpeak, may play as the General class.

-The General may not fight from horseback, the horse is for avoiding combat.

-If dismounted, the General may pickup a firearm and is treated as Light Infantry.

Regiments who would like an invitation to this event, may express their desire by posting a Guest List Application here in this thread. All applicants will be considered, and temporary guest invitations may be issued to regiments who apply. If your regiment is invited on a temporary basis, it is your chance to prove to the event admins that you understand the rules and are able to enforce them within your own ranks. Regiments who perform well will be added to the Guest List.

Please use the following format when posting a Guest List Application:

Regiment name:
Regiment leader:
Tuesday, Friday, or Both:
Average attendance:
Regiment thread:

The following regiments have been formally invited and have agreed to enforce the event rules within their ranks. These regiments will receive the password each Friday:

Public Regiment
1stEPI
19te
13te
1stRddt Brigade
1erPLG
4teSLR
1stWFI
10eme
33e

The following regiments have been formally invited and have agreed to enforce the event rules within their ranks. These regiments will receive the password each Tuesday:

Public Regiment
1stEPI
19te
13te
1stRddt Brigade
1erPLG
1stWFI
95KB
4teSLR
10eme
33e
21e

The Public Regiment is a tradition dating back to the first NA Friday Night Line Battle hosted on February 4th, 2011. In order to fill the server, because there were not many NA based regiments at that time, we allowed all public players to attend. Instead of setting them free upon the battlefield however, we subjected them to a half hour of regimental line drill training courtesy of the 1stEPI's training manual (which was based off of Hardee's manual). Ever since, we have fielded a group of public players formed up as a regiment of their own every Friday and now Tuesday night.

To qualify as a public player, you must not be in a regiment, so players wearing tags may be denied entry into the event.

Public players who have been to many battles and have shown proficiency following and giving orders have been assigned as trustworthy pubOfficers to the Public Regiment. When an admin is not available to train and lead the pubs into battle, the responsibility passes to one of the pubOfficers.

The current roster of honored and respected pubOfficers is as follows: Gooner, Commissar_Thurne, Altus, J D, Almus, Trapper_Hat, and Anbu_Leo.

The Event Guidelines and Expectations have been updated. Participants should reread the rules so that there is no confusion (or slayings) at the next event.  :twisted:

Can't wait to see the outcome of the first event. Hm... so late-game solo artillery versus artillery ideally SHOULD NOT happen and instead have both cannon crews melee it out I presume?  Also, the same goes for skrim versus skrim I suppose.... but such matters can be address on the field, maybe.

cAPSLOCK (SrS bSnS) said:
Also will gentle splashing still be allowed in the pub regimental bathtime?
If you weren't having so much fun with your cannon last Tuesday you would have been gently splashing with the rest of us.

5arge, how do you plan on keeping the pubs numbers under the cap? Will it just be first come first serve?

cthulhu_ said:
5arge, how do you plan on keeping the pubs numbers under the cap? Will it just be first come first serve?
Basically, yes. If too many show up, we may have to ditch our sapper to make room for more infantry.  :mrgreen:

Kegger said:
We upgraded to Wifi. 1stWFI to be exact.
Right, sorry about that Sven. I noticed your new tags when your men were formed up in line with the pub line on Tuesday but I forgot to update the name in this thread.

Commissar_Thurne said:
Especially if I keep getting to be Pubtillery!
There was considerable unease in the ranks when I told the pubs we would be fielding pubtillery this past Tuesday. "But Thurne isn't here!", they said. The men who volunteered would have made you proud Thurne. cAPSLOCK and Panthera were beastly on the guns in your absence. While the pubInfantry guarded the flank, we watched in awe as cAPSLOCK picked apart the enemy skirmishers one by one from behind their rocks and trees. It was amazing.

5arge said:
There was considerable unease in the ranks when I told the pubs we would be fielding pubtillery this past Tuesday. "But Thurne isn't here!", they said. The men who volunteered would have made you proud Thurne. cAPSLOCK and Panthera were beastly on the guns in your absence. While the pubInfantry guarded the flank, we watched in awe as cAPSLOCK picked apart the enemy skirmishers one by one from behind their rocks and trees. It was amazing.
Sniff...You guys are making me so proud  :mrgreen:. Glory to the Pubs and the Pubtillery! We will rain Fire upon the heads of the enemy!

Damn shame, I won't be able to make it to the first ever hardcore linebattle. My girlfriend "asked" me to go with her to the Vancouver Jazz Festival.  :mad:

Couldn't say no. Need them brownie points.  :wink:

So my boss decided I get to work until midnight tonight :neutral: Looks like I'm going to have to wait until next week to finally be able to attend both events a week. lol

5arge said:
cthulhu_ said:
Basically, yes. If too many show up, we may have to ditch our sapper to make room for more infantry.  :mrgreen:

I must not be seeing this 'cap' upthread... and I'm a big lazy gorilla.  What's this cap you speak of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom