[GK] -- Golden Kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm not a totalitarian community leader in GK, nor am I chief admin, so these concerns can only be voiced and discussed to then voted by the GK community. Courtney, you say it more easily than it could be done. I'll see if I can address this flaw in the future, but I have to do some research and gather proof.

ceooja said:
Hi!
this Might not be the best place to ask but why do you have FF on US_GK_Siege and not damage to self?
We have a member whom likes to monitor the TDM server, create maps for the TDM server, and regularly visit the TDM server whom prefers reflective damage.

The majority of the GK community including myself prefer the siege server to keep friendly fire. Friendly fire creates a more realistic effect to the gameplay, and punishes the players whom step in the line of fire. Friendly fire has also been a standard setting for the server since 4-5 years ago, and will most likely continue to be the standard.

That is why you see two different servers with different settings for each.

Slytacular said:
Rhade said:
lol Gowe.

Are you ******** kidding me? I've been banned from GK servers for saying a map was poorly designed in favor of defenders. Don't sit there and act like it's administrated fairly whatsoever.

What a joke.
Are you still banned, Rhade? You should be unbanned since there has been changes to the GK server and restructure in the community. Critiquing a map shouldn't be a ban-able offense. I can only think of one person who would be butt-hurt about that and that person has removed himself from the community. I do agree that GK in the past has treated you unfairly and I hope GK would earn some respect back from the other communities.

@Fengay, some of our admins can become insensitive to other players that play on our servers, sometimes our admins kick and ban players without prior warning, but our responsibilities can become difficult. From what I read from your post that you indeed were warned before getting kicked, but please notice that some of our members are sensitive to words that it bothers me to know how intolerant the situation gets. I do not agree that the GK community should ban people for names because its an abuse-able loophole in our admin system, but it is a respectable choice to favor people whom are sensitive to certain words. I'm sorry that you can not enjoy the server using names currently considered intolerable to our server, but is it that big of a problem to play under a name that is tolerable on our server?

As far as warnings go, our server welcome message explains that we do not tolerate offensive names. We have loop server messages in the chatbox that detail the rules. GK admins also occasionally warn people of certain rules. What more could we do to warn people? We're not putting up giant billboards in our map scenes that say "no offensive names."

Unbanning someone doesn't change the circumstances and how things happened. You can say restructure, change and words like that all you want, it doesn't change the years of the way things have been done. If I regularly go around hitting people in the face who I don't like, and then I decide I'm restructuring the way I handle problems, I can't expect my actions not to have an effect on the present because I apologized.

The rest of your post basically says there is no uniformity or accountability to your admins who are also, it seems to me by your own words, extremely oversensitive. That's really not a very good way to run a server or an admin team, basically saying that you have no uniformity in enforcement and admins can pretty much make up their own punishments on the spot; even the super sensitive ones who probably shouldn't have admin in the first place. Instead of addressing the problem and changing it, the choice is to make apologies and excuses for them.

I never play on GK servers, so frankly it doesn't really have an effect on me at all. Ban me, don't ban me, it really doesn't matter. But I'm going to call bull**** when I see it.

How long ago did you play on our Siege server? We're a completely different crew of admins than the time I think you were banned. Give us some slack, man. My community is doing their best to address the issues on some of the admins judgement, but my community is not perfect. Everyone has flaws and different opinions of whats right from wrong. We're not senseless robots that ban people exactly from the book of right from wrong. It takes a human's judgement to address an issue of what is perceived by the rest of the community that owns the server as either right from wrong. There are some admin loopholes to our rules, but our current crew of admins don't go out of their way to ban somebody because they dislike them.

Taking your example to how I see things: is that some members punched people in the face. The members left the group. The group gets new members, and the victims from the older members blame the new guys for actions they have not done yet.

Posting here for the first time in ages because this is too silly not to point out:

Rhade said:
You can say restructure, change and words like that all you want, it doesn't change the years of the way things have been done.

Don't sit there and act like it's administrated fairly whatsoever. What a joke.

But I'm going to call bull**** when I see it.

I'll be the first to say that GK is a bunch of *****es, most of their w keys are broken, they have some of the worst administration I have ever seen, and are pretty ****ty in general

Wow, you seem to know a lot about how things are run on siege, "how its been done" for years, how terrible the administration is, etc. Except wait a minute....

Rhade said:
I never play on GK servers, so frankly it doesn't really have an effect on me at all. Ban me, don't ban me, it really doesn't matter.
:razz:

Ps. RE: other thread
[quote author=Rhade]
This game is plagued by a pretty telling situation where people look to individual servers as if they owe the community something, which at first, sounds like it's an unfair assessment. But when you realize the only thing holding up the community and, in a larger sense, Warband NA MP, is basically two servers: POM and GK Siege, it's a little more understandable. In healthy, populated competitive games, people would just leave the ****ty servers and go find better ones, and natural selection would leave ****ty servers to die from inactivity. However, because Warband is such a dwarf of a scene, it has the controllers of these servers having massive amounts of influence because no one else gives a **** to spend the time or money to provide alternatives, so they own monopolies and control by default. Not because they know what's best for the game, not because they have the community's best interest in heart, not because they are in any way deserving of that power and influence outside of the fact that they pay the ******** server bill. You can make an argument about there being a moral obligation to do x or y because the influence they have, but it really doesn't matter because at the end of the day it's not up to you. Because it isn't your server and if both these servers were taken down or they decided to add mods that made you play with dicks instead of swords, you'd either need to do that or host your own server, and the majority of the community doesn't care enough about Warband to really give a ****, they'll quit out and play some CS or something.

I'll be the first to say that GK is a bunch of *****es, most of their w keys are broken, they have some of the worst administration I have ever seen, and are pretty ****ty in general, but again: they pay the server bill, they'll do whatever the **** they want.[/quote]

I wanted to reply to this in case someone actually thought these were reasonable points... thread was locked so I guess I'll just post it here:

POM and GK Siege are not the only servers -- there are plenty of other NA and EU servers up which are actively competing for players with GK/POM, and VERY often succeed in "stealing" them. You might know that if you actually played siege instead of pulling a bunch of definitive "facts" out of your ass (about something you yourself say you have no recent experience with). Also, not all native players ONLY play native -- we are competing just as much against other mods as other native servers. GK doesn't have official monopoly rights from Taleworlds -- if you played it, you'd know GK has completely lost and regained its player-base many times... generally there have always been alternatives available, and there have been numerous instances of GK Siege struggling to regain population for days/weeks after being down. There has never been a "monopoly" -- except maybe for a few months all the way back before NW was released, because the MP community was so tiny... and until the MP population grew back, it was one of the last remaining options because GK had already competed to establish itself in the first place.

The idea that people won't leave servers they're unhappy with is ridiculous, to me it just sounds like your rationalization for how people could possibly be enjoying something you're committed to hating so much. It happens every day (on just about every server) when an unpopular map comes on or a frustrating map/faction combo has been running for too long. Then you see another server suddenly fill up with new players. It does actually happen, and just because you "quit out and go play CS or something" doesn't mean everyone else does... they just play on a different server. Warband has been in the top 20-30 most populated games on steam for the past 3-4 years at least... TBH I would say the MP scene is actually a lot more populated than when I first started playing a few years ago. I wouldn't call warband MP a "dwarf of a scene" (depends on what you compare it to of course), but more importantly your argument that "no one else gives a **** to spend the time or money to provide alternatives" is just a flat out lie... because it happens all the time. Maybe you're not familiar with the multiple GK clone servers that have been popping up recently, but if you play siege often you probably have seen GK Siege with 0 players at prime time while they're full occasionally.

TLDR; All of your points are supported by made-up facts that have no connection to what's actually been happening. Gk has earned its "massive amounts of influence" through good content and successful policies, including its administrative practices. This is why people have chosen to play there instead of somewhere else in the long run. I have no clue what you were trying to say about "moral obligations", but it's irrelevant because GK has always been willing to consider suggestions that are constructive and well-reasoned. If you make a good point and have a number of people agreeing with you, the policy is going to end up changing -- their goal is to provide the highest quality game-play in order to get the most people playing on their server.... seems to have worked so far.

Can I get a un-ban? GK_Girly banned me for pointing a bow at her (not firing). I am sorry and apologize for being a turd :<

Golden Kingdom,

It has come to my attention that certain Lord Hodor has kicked Vanidar from your siege server twice today.

Vanidar was breaking no server rules, he was taking the fight to the scrublords outside the walls as he and Tyrian deemed it necessary to sally forth and destroy the **** out of them before they got into the castle. As I'm sure all of you mother****ers already know, when BkS is on your team and absolutely tearing through enemies like god damn lawnmowers, we are doing the opposite of "assisting" the enemy team; we're ****ing killing them. The very fact that he and Tyrian were straight murdering so many of the enemies actually shows they have a vested interest in being sure that the castle wasn't taken.

The issue arises when Vanidar and Tyrian exit the castle via a door built into the map and attacking the enemy before they reach the walls. They are closing the door every time they leave and they rush the enemies outside the walls, leaving a trail of ****ing noobs in all kinds of grotesque manners in their wake as they come like the wind and go like the god damn lightning. This mother****er, Hodor, decides to kick Vanidar multiple times because he is opening the door to go outside and destroy legions of bads because it is "assisting the enemy team."

How. The. ****. is this:

A) Assisting the enemy team? I'd actually argue that he's doing the opposite.

B) Acceptable admin behavior? There are absolutely no server rules about going outside the castle as long as you aren't flagrantly just opening gates and doors and leaving them open for the sole purpose of griefing and actually assisting the enemy team, which they absolutely were not doing.

GK, you guys have been making noises like your servers are managed better these days. You act like your admins are held accountable and expected to administrate in an acceptable manner.

Or is that just something you say and has no real merit?

Rhade said:
Golden Kingdom,

It has come to my attention that certain Lord Hodor has kicked Vanidar from your siege server twice today.

Vanidar was breaking no server rules, he was taking the fight to the scrublords outside the walls as he and Tyrian deemed it necessary to sally forth and destroy the **** out of them before they got into the castle. As I'm sure all of you mother****ers already know, when BkS is on your team and absolutely tearing through enemies like god damn lawnmowers, we are doing the opposite of "assisting" the enemy team; we're ******** killing them. The very fact that he and Tyrian were straight murdering so many of the enemies actually shows they have a vested interest in being sure that the castle wasn't taken.

The issue arises when Vanidar and Tyrian exit the castle via a door built into the map and attacking the enemy before they reach the walls. They are closing the door every time they leave and they rush the enemies outside the walls, leaving a trail of ******** noobs in all kinds of grotesque manners in their wake as they come like the wind and go like the god damn lightning. This ***********, Hodor, decides to kick Vanidar multiple times because he is opening the door to go outside and destroy legions of bads because it is "assisting the enemy team."

How. The. ****. is this:

A) Assisting the enemy team? I'd actually argue that he's doing the opposite.

B) Acceptable admin behavior? There are absolutely no server rules about going outside the castle as long as you aren't flagrantly just opening gates and doors and leaving them open for the sole purpose of griefing and actually assisting the enemy team, which they absolutely were not doing.

GK, you guys have been making noises like your servers are managed better these days. You act like your admins are held accountable and expected to administrate in an acceptable manner.

Or is that just something you say and has no real merit?
They probably won't even check this.
I think the last time i spotted a GK on these forums was during this past UNAC and the last time someone had an issue with their admining, they advised the player to post on the GK forums.
GL getting those daft walnuts to change the way they admin though.

I've been playing on GK Siege for years, and I have never had to appeal a ban.

I think I had a single ban in all those years, and that was due to combination of a catapult team-kills and auto-kicks for team damage. Three auto-kicks resulted in 1 hour temp ban or some such, and I did not let the first two auto-kicks stop me from enjoying the newest scripted map addition - though obviously my effectiveness was... um. Questionable, at best :smile:

Not sure what all the drama is about, since I don't bother with either forum much, but after all those years I consider GK Siege the best damn server I played on. Admin oversight and rules included, even though I disagree with some of them. Their house, their rules.

I've also seen a lot of players on GK Siege purposefully trolling - quite often people very skilled at the game itself. Quite often also sporting recognizable clan tags.

Decided to drop this here because the least I can do after all these years is to express some support for the Golden Kingdom and their free-to-play server. Especially since I absolutely appreciate their low-lenience approach to trolling.

Now excuse me while I crawl back into the woodwork.

Sheepify said:
I've been playing on GK Siege for years, and I have never had to appeal a ban.

I think I had a single ban in all those years, and that was due to combination of a catapult team-kills and auto-kicks for team damage. Three auto-kicks resulted in 1 hour temp ban or some such, and I did not let the first two auto-kicks stop me from enjoying the newest scripted map addition - though obviously my effectiveness was... um. Questionable, at best :smile:

Not sure what all the drama is about, since I don't bother with either forum much, but after all those years I consider GK Siege the best damn server I played on. Admin oversight and rules included, even though I disagree with some of them. Their house, their rules.

I've also seen a lot of players on GK Siege purposefully trolling - quite often people very skilled at the game itself. Quite often also sporting recognizable clan tags.

Decided to drop this here because the least I can do after all these years is to express some support for the Golden Kingdom and their free-to-play server. Especially since I absolutely appreciate their low-lenience approach to trolling.

Now excuse me while I crawl back into the woodwork.

who are u doe????
BUH BYE FELICIA.

Also I'd like to say I am tired of the bullying my good friend Vinny and I receive from your admin team, I'm out fam, killing the noobs isn't worth the bullying and hurt feels.

Traxits said:
Also I'd like to say I am tired of the bullying my good friend Vinny and I receive from your admin team, I'm out fam, killing the noobs isn't worth the bullying and hurt feels.

rip in peace traxits feels

Back
Top Bottom