[GK] -- Golden Kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

John7 said:
This thread has sexy all over it

Good luck!

Of course it has sexy all over it,  I am in it!  :cool:

BTW we gonna have like,  rules and stuff this time in this thread? 

Like,  no political or religious debate,  no trolling etc?

Master Unicorn said:
findecanno said:
So, I think Romney should be president because Obama is a communist. Thoughts?
I think that you are clearly racist
Dude, would you vote for a marxist just because hes black?

Lets say Romney was black and Obama was white. Then how would you vote?

All I have to say is its people like you's fault that ron paul had to drop and also why the country of america sucks ass BECAUSE YOU ALL DONT EVEN KNOW POLITICS, you are talking about which **** is gonna stink less, when ron pauls **** dont stank, gf for smelling ****.

No fun allowed, guys, cut it out.

On topic: GK, you guys make maps and have a siege server.

****, there's nothing left to talk about in this thread.

I'll show myself the door.

Rhade said:

****, there's nothing left to talk about in this thread.

I'll show myself the door.
Rhade just get on gk siege and flog pubbers with your peen. You all know he would smack dat ass! I bet he could beat most with war darts. Except me, ima run away and have lackeys throw rocks at him.

This will be the only post I make on this subject here.  Just going to make this clear.  I would also appreciate it if a mod could split off and remove the off topic,  trolling posts here.  Would be nice if our thread was not littered with such garbage.  You may include this post,  since technically this is part of the garbage.

Rhade said:

****, there's nothing left to talk about in this thread...

Provoking people and talking sh*t is "fun"?

Rhade said:
....I'll show myself the door.

Tootles.  Not like you were welcome here anyway.  If you decide to stay,  for whatever reason,  you will obey the TOS you accepted when you joined this forum and respect me and my fellow clan mates.  Otherwise don't come back. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Trolling will not be tolerated in this thread,  unless the mods stop caring.  Until then,  you will be reported every time you come into our thread to troll or provoke or bully or whatever else it is sociopaths do. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

TL;DR part taken from another forum while discussing trolling (these are not my own quotes):

The problem is trolling used to be smart people acting retarded, but giving subtle queues away.

they would use tact and intelligence to construct arguments that would cause people to become enraged, and those who saw the queues would also enjoy the spectacle of those poor individuals who fell for the joke.

however, if there is one lesson the internet has taught mankind it is this:

any community that consists of intelligent people acting retarded will soon be overwhelmed by actually retarded people who think they are in good company.

when the internet became a more popular place; myspace, facebook, reddit, 9gag etc, real retards were exposed to trolling

Real "trolling" is dead, now people will just post **** pictures, and go LOLO I TROLLED YOU JIMMIES RUSLTED??? XXXXDDDDDD

now we are flooded with retards who think they are clever.
we made the bed, now we lie in it.

Another interesting quote on the subject:

the joy of trolling "supposedly" comes from outsmarting the other person.
its about being in on the joke, pulling the wool over somebodies eyes, and to some extent yes the thrill of making someone lose their cool.

but i agree with you, nowadays "trolling" is just people who just detract from an internet community. they add nothing.

its this phenomena that is sometimes refereed too as "pissing in an ocean of piss"

the idea is that when troll started becoming ****tier and ****tier the community itself became one that perpetuates this cycle of indo-canabalistic activity.

you can see this here on the *REMOVED*, people post race thread and certain people go "typical nikkas" etc etc. so then somebody else makes a thread about "huehue i got dat 3 letter acronym white boi and i steal you womenz, u mad?"

both these threads are examples of what is called "5hit-posting"

**** posting is posting that does not add to the community in any fashion. its not funny, its not insightful its just ****.
but ****-posting begets ****-posting.
as i said before, this "pissing in an ocean of piss" phenomena. when all people see is ****-posting thats what they in-turn do themselves.

so i would argue, that in large trolling is not a "truly" malicious act. but rather it is a weird cycle of action that occurs in online communities.

i am very interested, personally in the psychology of the internet.

we are the first generation who has gotten on the virtual space en-masse and i think these formative years could in large part dictate the future of the internet as a medium.

Alright Gk, I am sorry for calling Obama a communist. I was wrong.

The real communists here are the Gks and Taleworlds admins. Long live free speech!

But in all seriousness, ever hear the term "don't feed the trolls?" Just by posting how you don't want political discussions, you are just asking for them.

On Topic: Siege is boring, Deaf blind daves maps lag my crappy computer, and medium combat speed is for bads and euros.

findecanno said:
Alright Gk, I am sorry for calling Obama a communist. I was wrong.

The real communists here are the Gks and Taleworlds admins. Long live free speech!

But in all seriousness, ever hear the term "don't feed the trolls?" Just by posting how you don't want political discussions, you are just asking for them.

On Topic: Siege is boring, Deaf blind daves maps lag my crappy computer, and medium combat speed is for bads and euros.

I don't care about feeding or not feeding trolls.  You should either act like a normal civilized person and adhere to the TOS you agreed to when joining this community or you should not be posting.  If I ask that something not be discussed in our clan thread,  it's not "asking for them".  If someone chooses to disrespect our request then that is squarely on their head not mine.  Requesting certain things not be discussed means exactly that,  they should not be discussed specifically to avoid problems and to avoid having our members violate the TOS of this forum. 

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,12250.0.html

(Italics mine):

No trolling, flaming or anything similar
This is an open, friendly community and also the first stop for those seeking information or assistance of the game. We will not tolerate flaming or trolling, this includes but is not limited to deliberately trying to provoke an argument, personal insults and verbal attacks.  If you disagree with what someone has said, debate the point, not the person.
I would like to remind all of our members that this community is provided for the use of all members, not just those with a high post count or early join date. We all get sick of reading the same questions again and again, however we'd rather you didn't bother replying if you don't have something constructive to say. Remember, you were a newbie once 

But tell me deaf blind dave, it not for random political and other discussions, and the occasional actual clan business, what point to clan threads have? Look at some of the most popular threads in the history of warband clans. We have the hoboknights (now locked :sad: ) and the CoR thread. Both threads were extremely successful due to the fact that people can talk about whatever they want. If not for people talking about whatever the heck they wanted to, the thread would have gotten nowhere.

So as not to break any more of your precious rules, tell me exactly what we can say on this thread?

findecanno said:
But tell me deaf blind dave, it not for random political and other discussions, and the occasional actual clan business, what point to clan threads have? Look at some of the most popular threads in the history of warband clans. We have the hoboknights (now locked :sad: ) and the CoR thread. Both threads were extremely successful due to the fact that people can talk about whatever they want. If not for people talking about whatever the heck they wanted to, the thread would have gotten nowhere.

So as not to break any more of your precious rules, tell me exactly what we can say on this thread?

I was making a suggestion to exclude political and religious talk.. I did not make it a rule.  I am not the only leader of this clan we have a Lords council so I do not presume to be a King.  Though I am pretty positive they would side with me unanimously on the request.  I only reacted the way I did because this forum has a cult of personality around people like Rhade who do nothing but belittle and harass those not in their clique and quite frankly,  I have 0 tolerance for those high school shenanigans. 

I see no reason to not have any reasonable discussions,  even political or religious ones (heck I was having a great discussion about religion in our old GK thread until it was bombed by the same cult of personality mentioned before). If you think a thinly veiled sarcastic attempt at starting a flame war or mocking a clan leader in his own thread will get some skewed and warped point across,  the only thing you will realize in the end is you will be dealt with by moderators. 

All this begs the question,  Beer,  why do you care to even post in this thread?  Is the childish locker room humor and penis measuring in other threads like the BKS one not enough?  Is it that important that you feel you need to be able to do whatever,  wherever?  Do you have any friends in GK?  If so,  who?  I have never seen you on our teamspeak.  I only ask because you took the time to actually come back into this thread after being dealt with by a moderator.  So I assume you have some purpose here.

Back
Top Bottom