"... there are no troops in the British service
more steady in battle than the Scotch regiments
."
- French General Foy

1AGxGBL.png

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwaNMtw4Gfw]Promotional Video

History; During the Napoleonic Wars

ony0b.png

Raised from the Six Independent Companies (Highland Watch) that made up the "police force" of the unruly and troublesome Highlands. The 43rd Regiment of Foot was created. A group intended to become a fully-fledged Regiment of the British army. However, this Regiment was made up of the gentlemen of the Highlands - chief’s sons and other relatives - who were used to somewhat cushy lives, even as Highland Watch men who's hardest task was to be simply be seen.

"...it was no uncommon thing to see private soldiers riding to the exercising ground followed by servants carrying their firelocks and uniforms"

These gentlemen soon realised, though, that there officers and drill-masters were to make real soldiers out of them. They too were told they may be being shipped to the West Indies. Mutiny ensued. This mutiny was soon put aside, whose core was made up of the Highland gentry themselves. The Regiment soon found themselves at the Battle of Fontenoy were they lost huge numbers of men but showed great prowess in battle. During these events, though, the Jacobite Rising occurred and the 43rd Regiment of Foot was shipped to Ireland were they were renumbered the 42nd Regiment of Foot.

Napoleonic Wars:

During the Napoleonic Wars, the 42nd Regiment of Foot fought from Egypt to Spain and through to Waterloo. In Egypt the 42nd captured an Imperial Eagle, in Spain the 1st Battalion's stalwart defence saved the lives of other Regiment's and that of the military theorist and Scottish general John Moore. In Belgium the 42nd gained huge fame and love from Wellington himself at the Battles of Quatre Bras and Waterloo. The 42nd was at the chaotic Battle of Quatre Bras on 16 June 1815 and was one of four battalions mentioned in dispatches by Wellington. Two days later at the Battle of Waterloo, the 42nd and also the 2nd/73rd Highlanders, which was to become the 2nd Battalion, Black Watch, were both in some of the most intense fighting in the battle and lost 289 men. It is said that without Quatre Bras there would never have been a Battle of Waterloo.

Further Information:

During its life and to this day, the 42nd has carried - with pride - the epithet "Am Freiceadan Dubh " [Pro;Am RAYCH-kiten Doo] "The Black Watch". This name comes from the Regiment's Independent Companies (Highland Watch) forebears. The etymology and history of this nickname may not have come from its dark tartan - considering that the scarlet jacket they wore was bright. But, comes from "black", or "dubh" being a character description and that in Highland culture "black" also means "dour".

The Black Watch has had a long tradition of loyalty to the Church. It's first Chaplain, Dr Adam Ferguson, accompanied it in every battle and led it in worship, daily, both in peace and war:

O God, whose strength setteth fast the mountains,
Lord of the hills to whom we lift our eyes:
Grant us grace that we, of The Black Watch,
Once chosen to watch the mountains of an earthly
kingdom, may stand fast in the faith and be strong,
until we come to the heavenly Kingdom of him,
who had bidden us to watch and pary.
Thy Son, our Saviour and Lord.
Amen

'In a Highland Regiment every individual feels that his conduct is the subject of observation and that, independently of his duty, as one member of a systematic whole he has a separate and individual reputation to sustain, which will be reflected on his family and district or glen.'
- A 19th Century Black Watch historian

*Further reading can be provided upon joining the Regiment*
or at request

Ranks

Officers
aum0.png

Captain - Cpt
nq6o.png

Lieutenant - Lt
43cr.png

Ensign - Ens

Non-Commissioned Officers
0mcb.png

Serjeant Major - SjtMaj
4117.png

Colour Serjeant - CSjt
d6wv.png

Serjeant - Sjt
jux8.png

Corporal - Cpl

Enlisted
8md.png

Lance Corporal - LCpl
e78y.png

Regular - Rgl
vw4r.png

Private - Pte
vmjg.png

Recruit - Rec

Pipe Band
d3yv.png

Pipe Major
bnyx.png

Piper
i0wz.png

Drummer

Muster Roll

1st Company
Commissioned Officers
scotland_zps02c3ede4.png
Captain Celtic

fi_zps60843cf6.png
Lieutenant Rezagh

NCOs
de_zpsc603fe1f.png
Serjeant Major MacGregor

ca_zps434057eb.png
Serjeant Sippio
scotland_zps02c3ede4.png
Serjeant Hunter

si_zpsd8eed543.png
Corporal Bor
    Enlisted
de_zpsc603fe1f.png
Lance Corporal OneEye
england_zpsfc98327e.png
Lance Corporal Tsk
us_zps58837757.png
Lance Corporal Noacyl

no_zpsf7e15d88.png
Regular Whaleman
us_zps58837757.png
Regular Blackamus
us_zps58837757.png
Regular Ragecake
us_zps58837757.png
Regular K_fitz
is_zpse899418f.png
Regular Moonman
scotland_zps02c3ede4.png
Regular Banannaking
ch_zps5b62b82e.png
Regular DrunkScience

ca_zps434057eb.png
Private Broobad
england_zpsfc98327e.png
Private SpeckyDave
england_zpsfc98327e.png
Private Diamond
us_zps58837757.png
Private Kenneth
us_zps58837757.png
Private TartanedSpartan
de_zpsc603fe1f.png
Private Catastrophy
                  Boot Camp
us_zps58837757.png
Recruit zoofi
scotland_zps02c3ede4.png
Recruit Stuart_MacDonald
dk_zps4ac723e8.png
Recruit Mathusse
us_zps58837757.png
Recruit ClassyMudkip
us_zps58837757.png
Recruit Doge
us_zps58837757.png
Recruit Fluffy
us_zps58837757.png
Recruit Mr. Bigglesworth
ca_zps434057eb.png
Recruit MacKenzie
se_zps5883e279.png
Recruit Gandalf
ca_zps434057eb.png
Recruit RumYum
scotland_zps02c3ede4.png
Recruit iain-zone

Pipe Band
ru_zpsfd449590.png
Piper NightSeeker
england_zpsfc98327e.png
Drummer Hendrix

About Us & Recruitment

[size=18pt]Founded in the 10th of April 2012, after the release of Mount&Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars, as the 42nd Regiment of Foot - the Black Watch from veterans from the Mount&Musket mod of Warband, choosing to represent the most senior and - arguably - most famous Highland Regiment. The Regiment has since gone through the rocks and weathered many storms, nearly crashing and coming to an end once or twice. However through comradeship and combination of "play for fun" and historical immersion the Regiment has come out the better through it's trials. With a sense of historical appreciation and immersion, we can structure our Regiment through the use of historically accurate Ranks and formations. Now, while we realize it is only a game the history and appreciation of the historical 42nd and modern Black Watch is never far away. Upon acceptance of enlistment we provide our recruits with a Field Manual, that explains the basics of the Regiment, our codes of conducts and hand-made drawings of our formations.

Now the Regiment is a strong, solid unit which boasts good attendance and performances at Events and Linebattles. The 42nd prides itself of a sense of friendship and community, being much more than a Regiment we present ourselves as a gaming community which, infact, play 90% of game-time outside of Warband. While discipline and structure is used during Training, Events and Linebattles we still retain an ethos of banter and relaxation in TeamSpeak and within the community in general.
[/size]

Events Schedule
Tuesday - Siege Event 7pm GMT
Wednesday - Linebattle 7pm GMT
Saturday - Training 6pm GMT & Linebattle 7pm GMT
Sunday - Linebattle - 7pm GMT

In addition to the above, we often have "Mod Nights" and other dedicated gaming sessions.

[td]   

[size=14pt]Wish to join the ranks of the 42nd Black Watch and wear the bonnet and kilt?

Then;

1: Register on the website

2: Head over to the “Recruitment” section and Read the Code of Conduct.

3: After you have read the Code of Conduct, fill out your Application.

4: Wait to be accepted! Give at least a 24hour period.

Signed, Company Staff

Thanks To:
Drummer Hendrix – Images, Ranks and being hip!
BapKing - 42nd Regiment of Foot reskin!
[/td]​

Name:grin:ezmon Vansickle
Nationality:White
Time-zone [GMT -/+] -6
In-game experience:Lowly Trianed.
Do you have TeamSpeak 3? Yes.

DefstormX said:
Name:grin:ezmon Vansickle
Nationality:White
Time-zone [GMT -/+] -6
In-game experience:Lowly Trianed.
Do you have TeamSpeak 3? Yes.

Accepted come into TS and meet the other members and get we'll help you with any questions you have, TS adress: 176.9.103.48

I thought you might like this video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_nV8dVFE7c&feature=plcp

JimmyBo said:
I thought you might like this video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_nV8dVFE7c&feature=plcp

:grin: some of my guys there killing them all :razz: Frozen always able to shoot at range

The 42nd Regiment of Foot - The Black Watch (Am Frieceadan Dubh) are still Recruiting! Post here or contact me via Steam (Celtichugs)

Thanks!
- 42nd Regiment of Foot, Company Serjeant Major.

Name: markusloveFTM
Nationality: English
Time-zone [GMT 0]
In-game experience: I bought the game yesterday and I'll admit my skill is lacking but I am willing to train and become more skillful.
Do you have TeamSpeak 3?: Yes.

markusloveFTM said:
Name: markusloveFTM
Nationality: English
Time-zone [GMT 0]
In-game experience: I bought the game yesterday and I'll admit my skill is lacking but I am willing to train and become more skillful.
Do you have TeamSpeak 3?: Yes.

Accepted, friend! Add me on Steam (Celtichugs) and I shall go through the rest of the proceedure!

Back
Top Bottom