SP Native Modern [WB] Calradia: Modern Warfare - Modeler/Scripter wanted

Users who are viewing this thread

TheLordAidan

Sergeant
Calradia: Modern Warfare

War has once more gripped the tiny island of Calradia. In a bold move, the armies of Swadiadroves through the lands of the Nords, Vaegirs, and Rhodoks. For over a century peace has reigned on the island, and the countries had let their guards down. Only Swadia, which had been secretly preparing for a war for more then a decade had any trained troops. Within a few months, the shrunk and poorly trained forces had been over run, and their lands occupied. On the southern front, only a hastily thrown together alliance of Sarranids and Khergits managed to beat back the invading forces. Through a mixture of guerrila and conventional warfare, they hold the line against the advancing tide of Swadian soldiers. Though nearly nothing of the Nordic State remains, the Rhodoks and the Vaegirs have retreated far back into the snowy lands of what was once the Vaegir's country. From there they desperately attempt to wage a covert war against the Swadians. The terrain and weather are on their sides, but that may not be enough to keep back the Swadians.

In this war fractured land is where you come in. Are you a former soldier or a displaced peasant? And will you help restore the lands to their former owners, or will you join United Swadia in its glorious conquest? The choices you make could shape the fate of the entire island...

This mod is an attempt to bring a modern setting into Mount&Blade: Warband. At the moment it is only single player, though I hope to eventually add multiplayer. Currently this is being ported from the original Mount&Blade.

Porting Process:
Items: 100%
Sounds: 90%
Troops: 90%

Module Progress:
Map: 0%
Additional plugins: 0%

Types of weapons:

Pistol: Pistols are rarely found among the armed forces of Calradia. Pistols are mostly found in the hands of those too poor to afford anything superior. They are less accurate and do less damage then any of the weapons. However, their one advantage is that they can be brought to bear faster then any other weapon. Example: Nomazka

Rifle: Rifles are the standard weapon used by infantry across Calradia. They have the average accuracy, damage, and speed. Other weapons may improve on one area and decrease another, but rifles have a balance of all three. Example: M1-85

Carbine: Carbines are a shortened version of a rifle. While less accurate and doing less damage then their "full sized" cousins, they can be brought to bear much faster, making them ideal for a close combat situation. Example: IS 7

Sniper rifle/scoped weapon: These weapons possess a scope which allows for identification and accuracy from a farther distance then normal. Full on sniper rifles are even more, and also boast superior damage. Example: Faouh Hazoka

Machine gun: Machine guns have the largest magazine capacity of any weapon, insuring you'll rarely have to reload. In addition, they are "faster" to represent the large volume of fire they can put out. Such weapons are rare and very expensive. Example: .50 cal

United Swadia: The former country of Swadia now boasts the combined lands of the Nords, Rhodoks, and a large part of the former Vaegir state. Their troops are battle hardened and well-equiped. Supported by armored columns and helicopters, their infantry furious battle to bring more land under the control of their country.

Northern Confederacy: The shattered remains of the Vaegir State and Rhodok Republic, the few surviving generals and their troops retreated into the northern reaches of what was once the vast lands of Vaegia. The Vaegirs, used to the bitter cold, have taught their allies how to survive. Fortunately for them, the Swadians are unused and untrained to deal with such an environment. This has kept them from being overwhelmed.

Itiharah Union: This union consists of the Saharani Union (what was long ago the Sarranid Sultanate) and the Kingdom of Khergia. While untrained and unused to war, and more poorly equipped then the northern states, their troops are fierce fighters and unwilling to backdown.

Permission from Colonel_Ryan?
[Quote author=Volkodav]With great sadness I must tell you,that Ryan,as you have surely noticed,got perma-banned,and he is abandoning the project.
He told me to tell you,that he doesn't care about it,take it,you can edit it,mod it,whatever,because he simply doesn't care anymore...
So,here you go,enjoy... [/Quote]

Original:
Colonel_Ryan
Highlander
Lucke1891
Gutefiutek
Revan
NaglFaar
nemeruis

Now:
Quail Lover - Writer
9jakub9 - Modelling

Want to help?
Modelers and scripters needed. Just drop me a PM or say something in the thread.

Work log:

6/25/12: 95 minutes work.
Finished re-equipping and renaming the Rhodok lords. Finding the names for them was the most time consuming part. - 1 hour
    Apparently the Rhodok Lords are too hot for their shirts. Guess I need some civvie clothes for them in addition to armor
Went back through all the units - turns out some of them had no crossbow skill at all (guns use crossbow skill). Ended up going through all the units and giving them appropriate crossbow skills. - 10 minutes
Added troop trees for all five factions. - 25 minutes
6/26/12: 90 minutes work.
Experimented with scening. Found that modifying a city led to disaster. Decided to modify a castle instead, which worked out much nicer. Also made sure the siege works. It does but... they have trouble with walls.

Well I'm glad that you are picking it up, but there is something that needs to be asked.

Are the models he ripped from other games in there?

If not, I could help with dialogue.

QuailLover said:
Well I'm glad that you are picking it up, but there is something that needs to be asked.

Are the models he ripped from other games in there?

If not, I could help with dialogue.

I am unaware if any models are ripped off, and if so, what they are. However, if someone can bring to my attention which models they are, and who made them, I will remove them until I can (if I can) obtain permission from the original maker. Also, you're welcome to help with the dialogue. I will PM you later about that.

To be honest, I don't remember what models were ripped. It might be in the original threads (there were like four threads for it). If I recall, Ryan attempted to remake the ripped models. I just don't know if that version was ever uploaded.

Anyway glad to help with the dialog portion.

Just wanted to say that modern mods do not fit into M&B...go to arma and create there.

No need to reply,I just gave my opinion.

Didn't notice this at first but it seems like a good idea and it could be interesting. Arma is poop compared to the original flashpoint, play operation flashpoint as it's much better and has plenty of addons.

^Yeah, but my version of ARMA is free. :razz: Flashpoint costs money.

Also...

Camp Curin! Alternatively titled why I need help with scene editing.

2ag9su0.jpg

This is what all the castle scenes will likely look like, though I'm going to replace the wooden walls with some nicer earthwork walls I found. That small stone wall next to the guy in the gas mask is actually sand bags, honest.

Sorry, mate, you seem likeable but I have no idea why you dredged this back up. I do find your use of quotations amusing, if accurate.

Your first problem is going to be that at least half of the resources that twit Ryan included are ripped and the other half looks like ****.

The second, err, "Helmet" there is from Counter-Strike : Source and therefore Valve's property.
2mzf6h4.jpg

They did release flashpoint anniversy edition which is free and runs better on recent computers.

Good luck with this project anyhow and it would probably be fun to play when finished.

Comrade Temuzu said:
Austupaio said:
at least half of the resources that twit Ryan included are ripped
I still dont see the problem with this as long as you dont claim that you made them yourself.
Ripping models without permission clashes with the modding "kodex" of taleworlds and especially when it happens with ressources from other games/developers taleworlds could get into trouble for allowing people to distribute and advertise those files on their forum.

Duh said:
Comrade Temuzu said:
Austupaio said:
I still dont see the problem with this as long as you dont claim that you made them yourself.
Ripping models without permission clashes with the modding "kodex" of taleworlds and especially when it happens with ressources from other games/developers taleworlds could get into trouble for allowing people to distribute and advertise those files on their forum.
He's not doing it for profit. Besides, if companies could sue Taleworlds for the actions of their fans, Taleworlds would be long gone, ever checked the Chinese forums?

Temuzu is correct, as this is a non-profit venture neither I, nor taleworlds, can get in trouble for using the models.

However, since I do not support the misappropriation of other's work without permission, I will remove the models.

Thane: I believe the C:MW 2 for Warband was never finished, and the files were never released. I would honestly prefer to make this on Warband since that would offer a more broad range of options. However, I don't have very many models and all the ones I do need are for M&B. Can they be transferred to Warband?

Comrade Temuzu said:
Duh said:
Comrade Temuzu said:
Austupaio said:
He's not doing it for profit. Besides, if companies could sue Taleworlds for the actions of their fans, Taleworlds would be long gone, ever checked the Chinese forums?
Doesnt matter whether he does it for profit or not, hes using property from others without permission. Swyters mod about Star Wars was removed from the taleworlds forums, because of the possible implications/trouble with the movie creators i believe. And thats only using an idea, ripping assets is far worse.

Regardless of whether or not taleworlds could get into trouble for anything, it still comes down to using content without permission, which will get you banned on these forums.

Back
Top Bottom