Aimbots?

Users who are viewing this thread

There is only one effective way to 'cheat' it's having better machine specs, internet connection and personal skill.

Symmach said:
There is only one effective way to 'cheat' it's having better machine specs, internet connection and personal skill.
+1
True, because you need to be good and have a good computer.
Also quick reflexes(might spell wrong) can get you far

Even if you had a bot to put the reticles exact center on the enemy every time and fire it wouldn't make much difference because the bullets go off in random directions, especially after 100 meters or so. You would have to actually hack the game which would be extremely noticeable.

Menelaos16 said:
Mad_man1 said:
Canon is very easy....if you take the time to practice & learn ranges  :cool:

It is one of my past times to take deformed sentences and say then like I am foreign or illiterate. I did yours in the voice of Borat  :lol:

Irony. Oh, the irony.

Anyways. Aimhax is useless. What you gotta be looking for is the autoblock. It is more popular for cRPG and Native. Alas, I've personally had suspicions for one individual in NW.

Thokan said:
Menelaos16 said:
Mad_man1 said:
Canon is very easy....if you take the time to practice & learn ranges  :cool:

It is one of my past times to take deformed sentences and say then like I am foreign or illiterate. I did yours in the voice of Borat  :lol:

Irony. Oh, the irony.

Anyways. Aimhax is useless. What you gotta be looking for is the autoblock. It is more popular for cRPG and Native. Alas, I've personally had suspicions for one individual in NW.

Interesting, i have a couple of suspicions of my own of late. And one i'm 100% sure of, but no way to prove it. I think it's starting to become pretty embedded in NW.

Willhelm said:
Even if you had a bot to put the reticles exact center on the enemy every time and fire it wouldn't make much difference because the bullets go off in random directions, especially after 100 meters or so.
But wouldn't that actually be a huge help? I mean, sure, no matter how well you aim in NW, you can still miss, but if you don't aim properly you won't hit anything. A hypothetical aimbot wouldn't make your musket 100% accurate, giving you one kill per shot, but it should still vastly improve your hit-to-miss ratio, which is nothing to sneeze at.

This is assuming they're technically feasible for WB. Honestly I have no idea.

hrotha said:
But wouldn't that actually be a huge help? I mean, sure, no matter how well you aim in NW, you can still miss, but if you don't aim properly you won't hit anything. A hypothetical aimbot wouldn't make your musket 100% accurate, giving you one kill per shot, but it should still vastly improve your hit-to-miss ratio, which is nothing to sneeze at.

This is assuming they're technically feasible for WB. Honestly I have no idea.

This is mostly true. Putting your reticule on the center of the man can give you a great chance to hit up to about 70 yards (Rifles, anyway). Something that does put the crosshair spot on would be a tool to be feared. This is not exactly the same for Bows and Arrows however, because their drop is not particularly calculated by an aimbot, Crossbows.. Maybe.

Menelaos16 said:
Yaxim3 said:
I admin the reddit server and just want to know if they exist or if its just luck.
Sounds like a rage thread
mfw when he says he admins a server

Or maybe, just maybe... an admin wanted to know if he should look out for aimbots?

DrTaco said:
This is mostly true. Putting your reticule on the center of the man can give you a great chance to hit up to about 70 yards (Rifles, anyway). Something that does put the crosshair spot on would be a tool to be feared. This is not exactly the same for Bows and Arrows however, because their drop is not particularly calculated by an aimbot, Crossbows.. Maybe.

I don't know much about the technical side of things but... is it possible someone could hack muskets to shoot like rifles? Or in some other way change the accuracy of weapons?

Know this is an old topic, but just putting it out there, because things like this exists. Warband has AMAZING modding capabilities, but not enough is checked through server-side (aiming, blocking etc). Like, the clientside shouldn't know whar left and right is, it should simply know that you can block right or left - and then if the server finds out that blockSide == attackSide, then the block "happened".

Same with aimbots, it only checks if the shot hit or not. But the clientside "knows" where every player is, that's why for an example minimaps to locate all players is possible (watch Lusts's stream as an example), so there's possible to make cheats like wallhacks (aka remove most of the wall, only keeping edges of the wall left) and the likehood.

TL;DR?
Everything that the clientside knows can be abused, so yes, aimbot should be possible.

MaHuD said:
But isn't that old news though? We already knew that those were possible since beta.

Well, not all people seem to agree on the existence of it. Though aimbot has its limits (can't hit if you do "RNG"-turns), it's very good if it locks aim and you can aim a bit left or right of it (so that it'd keep itself steady, which I assume is how the aimbot would work :razz:).

Back
Top Bottom