Troop experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Umro

Recruit
I like the mod very much but there is one thing that really downgrades the game for me....troops...they need a LOT of experience to be able to upgrade.For example to upgrade a troop from heavy infantry to elite infantry it needs 48000 exp or something like that.I mean it takes a century for me to buff up my army and when my buffed soldier dies he is irreplaceable...it will take another century for me to get another one.That kills the fun for me.Could you lower the requirements for troop upgrades or at least tell me how to do it at my comp if other people like it this way?

have you tried going into mod options in the camp menu and switching off the "2x troop experience needed" option?

This feature let give more valour to elite troops. However, if you wish more fast progress, you can give more xp to it by battle, then, he will upgrade more fastly.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1239909.html#msg1239909

x2 experience in mod options is off and I know that if I go to battles they will progress faster but its too slow for me...Even in Anno Domini 1257 A.D. where I need need about 5000 exp to get elite horsemen is almost too much but I can get over that.However this is way way more that any other mod I have played.If its possible for you to help me and try to explain to me how can I change this and if its not...well I will just continue playing like this because I don't intend to stop playing a mod as awesome as this just because of this.

Ahh sorry I didn't check the link you gave me before I replied...I will change the battle multiplier.Thx for the help.Just one question,this: 2108 2 1224979098644774922 100 1674.Where are these numbers located? More accurately does every troop has something like this for itself or is this universal multiplier for all troops?

Its universal.

What that line does is give you 2x (if you change it to 50; 25 would be 4x) the experience you usually get after battles, which is shared equally amongst all surviving (and non injured) troops.

Its in your brytenwalda folder. the directory should be

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\Brytenwalda

the folder is scripts.txt.  in the file itself ctrl+f to find the line given in the link. then look for the specific 100 and change it to desired number.

Ok thank you very much :smile: 1 more question...How can I train troops in my town?I've hired a trainer and told my constable to train troops and I have packed my town with 200 recruits and I've waited for 3 weeks for now and not one soldier ranked up.Same goes for getting the troops...I told my constable to get some troops (20 i think) and after three weeks no one came.Can you explain how to train or get troops in castles and towns without training or getting them yourself?

well, personally i have not reached that part of the game yet (still a mercenary jumping around factions)

but i believe the brytenwalda uses the diplomacy mod for all that stuff and if so, what's happening is that your trainer is indeed training your troops, i.e. he is giving them experience. But recruits are higher level in this mod (15 as opposed to 1 in native) so it will take longer to get the required xp for 2nd tier troops. (ive heard of putting a companion in there as a trainer, have you tried that?)

as for your recruiter, he probably got defeated. what happens when you order recruits brought to your town is a 1 man unit (titles 'recuiter') Runs from town to town picking up fresh soldiers for your garrison. But bandits are more dangerous (and MUCH faster at least it seems to me) in this mod, so he probably got caught by a bandit group or enemy lord and defeated. (which should of brought up a message in red on the bottom left corner that said 'your recruiter commissioned to recruit x amount of men has been defeated')
if this happens you lose your money and get no recruits.

Id say stay away form that feature in this game, its too much risk and its much easier to get all the recruits you need yourself. Just put spies in the villages closest to your town. You'll get your rep with them to 22 in about 10 days and this will allow 30-40 men per recruitment per village. more than enough to get the soldiers you need.

I had the same problem with this, so i did some changes in the troops level with the Troop Editor. Works fine for me, didn't test in other PC.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jmxtyq7cgokvzcm/troops.txt

Saved games aren't compactible.

The level changes that I've made:
Before - Now
15 - 6
19 - 11
20 - 16
23 - 17
25 - 18
27 - 21
29 - 23
32 - 26

Gaabriel20 said:
I had the same problem with this, so i did some changes in the troops level with the Troop Editor. Works fine for me, didn't test in other PC.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jmxtyq7cgokvzcm/troops.txt

Saved games aren't compactible.

The level changes that I've made:
Before - Now
15 - 6
19 - 11
20 - 16
23 - 17
25 - 18
27 - 21
29 - 23
32 - 26

These changes were made on which troops? You only changed their levels?

Yes, thats what he did i think. For a lower lvl you dont need that much exp to get the next tier troops, in less time - more troops. I like this idea for light and medium infantry but havy and elite troops should take there time, be not that common.

This is easy to modify in the source code.
I just need a fair and accurate assessment of whether it's too hard right now in Reworked.

The other feature is how much you want to pay.
Remember that veteran and elite troops have a much lower chance of dying in battle so they are worth the extra xp and money.
Remember also that you can easily double your battle experience by just changing a value in module.ini.

My idea was to get some better troop easily, but not the elite and veteran troops. Troops that you can use to kill Frank and Dena bands without losing half your army.

I tried to keep the elite troops level high, but I haven't tested it, so you guys feedback will help.

The Franks and Vikings are like high level bosses. You're supposed to get crushed by them until you're 4-6 months into the game. Run!
I made them slower in Reworked.
If you find a strategy, let me know.
I run around them in circles with flail and shield and draw most of their shots.
If they're down to 15 men you have a good shot with a size 40 party.

You really want their loot? The mod has trippled the take from loot. It's worthwhile getting fast party speed through pf, riding and weight and keeping an eye onese parties.
The Scoti are a much better group to level up on.

Thanks gdwitt, i'm playing the Reworked without these modifications that i've made and i must say that are a nice update to the Mod. I'll try up these strategies,  :smile: :smile:

Remind me: What is the purpose of starting everyone but the player party at level 15?
Scriptwise, they're more likely to survive as wounded instead of dying, but there must be another good reason.

Back
Top Bottom