[HELP - MS] How use "Floris Dev Suite 2.53"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi folks.

First of all!
I want to thank you for this great mod!
Floris Mod Pack is the most complete mod for M&B WB!

Thank you very much! And congratulations for the great work!  :grin:

I want to ask some questions

First:
How do I use the "Floris Deb SUite 2.53"?

I have a little knowledge of Module System! But I can not use the module system of this great mod! Help please! :cry:

I know I have to change the file "info.py" located in this folder:
"...\Modules\Floris Dev Suite 2.53\Module Info"

I changed this:
export_dir_main_guest = "C:/Program Files/Mount&Blade Warband/"

For this:
export_dir_main_guest = "C:/Archivos de programa/Mount&Blade Warband/Modules/NewMod/"

(My language is Spanish, so my OS is in Spanish)

But when I compile with the file .bat located in:  "...\Modules\Floris Dev Suite 2.533"
Named: "compile_floris_expanded_source_to_custom_directory"

I seeing this error:
Compiling Floris Expanded Mod Pack to a custom directory
Start Processing...
python: can't open file 'info.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

python: can't open file 'process_init.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_global_variables.py': [Errno 2] No such file or
directory
python: can't open file 'process_strings.py': [Errno 2] No such file or director
y
python: can't open file 'process_skills.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

python: can't open file 'process_music.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_animations.py': [Errno 2] No such file or direc
tory
python: can't open file 'process_meshes.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

python: can't open file 'process_sounds.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

python: can't open file 'process_skins.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_map_icons.py': [Errno 2] No such file or direct
ory
python: can't open file 'process_factions.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directo
ry
python: can't open file 'process_items.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_scenes.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

python: can't open file 'process_troops.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

python: can't open file 'process_particle_sys.py': [Errno 2] No such file or dir
ectory
python: can't open file 'process_scene_props.py': [Errno 2] No such file or dire
ctory
python: can't open file 'process_tableau_materials.py': [Errno 2] No such file o
r directory
python: can't open file 'process_presentations.py': [Errno 2] No such file or di
rectory
python: can't open file 'process_party_tmps.py': [Errno 2] No such file or direc
tory
python: can't open file 'process_parties.py': [Errno 2] No such file or director
y
python: can't open file 'process_quests.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

python: can't open file 'process_info_pages.py': [Errno 2] No such file or direc
tory
python: can't open file 'process_scripts.py': [Errno 2] No such file or director
y
python: can't open file 'process_mission_tmps.py': [Errno 2] No such file or dir
ectory
python: can't open file 'process_game_menus.py': [Errno 2] No such file or direc
tory
python: can't open file 'process_simple_triggers.py': [Errno 2] No such file or
directory
python: can't open file 'process_dialogs.py': [Errno 2] No such file or director
y
python: can't open file 'process_global_variables_unused.py': [Errno 2] No such
file or directory
python: can't open file 'process_postfx.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

python: can't open file 'Flora_kinds.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'Ground_specs.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
python: can't open file 'Skyboxes.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
El sistema no puede hallar el archivo especificado.
python: can't open file 'other_files_custom.py': [Errno 2] No such file or direc
tory
No se encuentra C:\Archivos de programa\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Floris Dev S
uite 2.533\*.pyc
No se encuentra C:\Archivos de programa\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Floris Dev S
uite 2.533\*.py
uite 2.533\ground_spec_codes.h

All Finished ...
Cleaning up...

Script processing has ended.
Press any key to exit. . .
*"The system can not find the file specified."

What should I do need to do?

I have somewhere to move files to compile with. "Bat"?
I have to rename any of the folders?

It is not a bad install of Python, because my other MS compiles properly.

Second:
Could you give me a tutorial for how to add Factions?
I am making many new scenes to castles and cities.
And I know how to add them in the MS. But I do not know how to add new factions to give my new towns and castles! (I found a tutorial made ​​by Nord Champion, but not complete!)

Thanks for you time! You are great guys!

P/D: This is my first post. Jejeje.

I too would like some clarification on this. Editing the text files is less flexible and a little more confusing than the module system, but the Floris folder structure isn't what novice modders like us are used to. D:

Step 1
You need to update the module_info.py file to have the path for your Floris folder.  This way it knows where to put the text files.  You can find this folder @ "..\Dev Suite Folder\Module Info\info.py".  Editing this file will bring up a lot of path information which we have setup so that we don't have to make this alteration for each person on the team.  You can ignore everything except the section that looks like this near the very top:
Code:
export_dir_main_guest				        = "C:/Program Files/Mount&Blade Warband/"
export_dir_custom_guest					= "./Native/"
The first path (export_dir_main_guest) needs to be the exact path to reach your Warband directory.
The second path (export_dir_custom_guest) needs to be the name of your module folder.  Effectively this is just breaking up the path to your module folder into two segments and removing the "\Modules\" from the middle as that's a given.

Step 2
You need to make sure python files can compile on your computer at all.  You'll need to install python 2.6 as explained here.

Step 3
The old "build module" batch file that the native module system comes with has been altered and renamed.  What you want to find is the file "compile_floris_expanded_source_to_custom_directory" which should reside in the main Dev Suite folder.  If you're not using the expanded version of the module then you'll want the one named "compile_floris_<version>_source_to_custom_directory".  This file copies all of the necessary module system & modmerger files into the same directory, compiles everything, moves the text files to your Floris folder and deletes the python file copies afterwards.  It is important to note that this only updates the text files (mostly what you'll want to do) in an already "built" module folder.  If you want to build a new module folder from scratch you used the "build_floris_expanded_mod_pack" (or whichever version you prefer) batch file.  This will create the module folder you've specified back in Step 1, move all of the necessary game files (sounds, textures, resources, etc) into it and then compile the python files.  This is a much lengthier process than the compile batch, but allows us to mix and match files in order to create the basic, gameplay or expanded versions of the mod.

Step 4
This is just to familiarize you with the locations of certain files.
The main module files can be found in -> "Dev Suite\Source\Source - Floris Expanded Mod Pack\Module\"
This is true for all module files for the expanded version and still true for most module files in the gameplay or basic versions.  Files specific to the gameplay or basic versions can be found in the "..\Source - Floris <version> Mod Pack\Module\" folder.  Since the expanded mod has all of the features and most files are the same it made sense to have one editing location for "shared files".

Specific "modmerger kits" can be found in -> "Dev Suite\Source\Source Kits\"
In here you can find the source for the entire Character Creation setup, Formations, Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment, Tournament Play Enhancements & Freelancer.  These were done as separate kits due to their size and to keep them more easily portable for OSP reasons.  If you edit any of them just keep the file where it is as the compiling batch files know to look there for them already.

Step 5
You're done.  Just make sure if you built a new module to select it when you startup the game.

Hopefully that straightens things out for folks a little.

Thank you very much!
I did what you said and it worked! Now I can add the castles and cities that I wanted!
Again: Thank you!  :grin:

Compiling Floris Expanded Mod Pack to a custom directory
Start Processing...

Initializing...
Compiling all global variables...
Exporting strings...
Exporting skills...
Exporting tracks...
Exporting animations...
Exporting meshes...
Exporting sounds...
Exporting skins...
Exporting map icons...
Creating new tag_uses.txt file...
Creating new quick_strings.txt file...
Exporting faction data...
Exporting item data...
Exporting scene data...
Exporting troops data
Exporting particle data...
Exporting scene props...
Exporting tableau materials data...
Exporting presentations...
Exporting party_template data...
Exporting parties
Exporting quest data...
Exporting info_page data...
Exporting scripts...
Exporting mission_template data...
Exporting game menus data...
exporting simple triggers...
exporting triggers...
exporting dialogs...
Checking global variable usages...
Imported 30 global variables for saved-game compatability that are not used.
Exporting postfx_params...
Exporting flora data...
Exporting ground_spec data...
Exporting skyboxes...

Copying source files to internal directory...
Moving source files to custom mod directory...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "other_files_custom.py", line 56, in <module>
    shutil.move("./actions.txt",export_dir_main + "./Modules/" + export_dir_cust
om + "./actions.txt")
  File "C:\Python26\lib\shutil.py", line 264, in move
    copy2(src, real_dst)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\shutil.py", line 99, in copy2
    copyfile(src, dst)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\shutil.py", line 53, in copyfile
    fdst = open(dst, 'wb')
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:/Program Files/Mount&Blade Warb
and/./Modules/./Native/./actions.txt'

All Finished ...
Cleaning up...

Script processing has ended.
Press any key to exit. . .

It looks like you still need to setup the correct path from Step 1.  This is why you are getting the error about actions.txt (just because it is the first in the list alphabetically) at the bottom.  I'm guessing it compiles, but you have all of the text files left over in the directory you compiled from vs. in the module folder?  That works, but isn't terribly convenient.

I'm sorry But i have a question...
And Sorry for my english : i'm french ^^
In first time i want to say : "Thank you for your great work "
And now my question :
When i compile with "compile_floris_expanded_source_to_custom_directory"
The folder :Floris expanded mod pack 2.53 is change but i want my changes in th file My Mod  !
I have write the good adress in the module info and i dont understand *_*
Can you help me ? I really want to have fun in modding but i'm block by this small thing ...

If I understand the problem correctly, you have the compile working correctly updating things in the Floris folder, but you want it to go to a folder called "My Mod" instead?

If that is the case then look at:
Windyplains said:
Step 1
You need to update the module_info.py file to have the path for your Floris folder.  This way it knows where to put the text files.  You can find this folder @ "..\Dev Suite Folder\Module Info\info.py".  Editing this file will bring up a lot of path information which we have setup so that we don't have to make this alteration for each person on the team.  You can ignore everything except the section that looks like this near the very top:
Code:
export_dir_main_guest				        = "C:/Program Files/Mount&Blade Warband/"
export_dir_custom_guest					= "./Native/"
The first path (export_dir_main_guest) needs to be the exact path to reach your Warband directory.
The second path (export_dir_custom_guest) needs to be the name of your module folder.  Effectively this is just breaking up the path to your module folder into two segments and removing the "\Modules\" from the middle as that's a given.
The value for "export_dir_custom_guest" in this example is "./Native/" which aims changes at the native folder.  Instead you want to change that to say "./My Mod/".

When i do that the text files are change in my floris folder not in my My Mod folder  ....  I have write the good thinks in the module info but when i compile  it's the floris folder who is affect  and i dont understand . :???:

Althran said:
When i do that the text files are change in my floris folder not in my My Mod folder  ....  I have write the good thinks in the module info but when i compile  it's the floris folder who is affect  and i dont understand . :???:
It could be your module location is the same as one of the modders.  At the very bottom of the module_info.py file you'll see a block of code that looks like:
Code:
f = open("./module_info.py","w")
line = f.write("from info import *\n")
if os.path.exists(export_dir_main_monnikje):
	line = f.write("export_dir_main		= export_dir_main_monnikje\n")
	line = f.write("export_dir_custom	= export_dir_custom_monnikje\n")
elif os.path.exists(export_dir_main_duh):
	line = f.write("export_dir_main		= export_dir_main_duh\n")
	line = f.write("export_dir_custom	= export_dir_custom_duh\n")
elif os.path.exists(export_dir_main_caba):
	line = f.write("export_dir_main		= export_dir_main_caba\n")
	line = f.write("export_dir_custom	= export_dir_custom_caba\n")
elif os.path.exists(export_dir_main_windy):
	line = f.write("export_dir_main		= export_dir_main_windy\n")
	line = f.write("export_dir_custom	= export_dir_custom_windy\n")
elif os.path.exists(export_dir_main_weapons):
	line = f.write("export_dir_main		= export_dir_main_weapons\n")
	line = f.write("export_dir_custom	= export_dir_custom_weapons\n")
elif os.path.exists(export_dir_main_guest):
	line = f.write("export_dir_main		= export_dir_main_guest\n")
	line = f.write("export_dir_custom	= export_dir_custom_guest\n")
elif os.path.exists(export_dir_main_steam):
	line = f.write("export_dir_main		= export_dir_main_steam\n")
	line = f.write("export_dir_custom	= export_dir_custom_steam\n")
else:
	line = f.write("export_dir_main		= export_dir_main_normal\n")
	line = f.write("export_dir_custom	= export_dir_custom_normal\n")
f.close()

You might be able to fix the problem by switching the two lines underneath (export_dir_main_guest) with the two lines underneath (export_dir_main_monnikje) and change out the "export_dir_main_<person>" section between the ()'s.  That way your "custom" path will be checked first.  So now it should look like:
Code:
if os.path.exists(export_dir_main_guest):
elif os.path.exists(export_dir_main_monnikje):
else:
f.close()

Hey it isn't working for me. D: I mean, the build_floris_expanded_mod_pack isn't creating a new folder. Even if I manually create the folder, it stays empty after running the batch file.

I also tried the trick you suggested earlier to Althran. No dice.

This is what my info.py looks like now:
Code:
#################################################################################
#						Welcome to the info file!								#
#																				#
# This file was formerly known as module_info.py. Don't change the name of this #
# file!																			#
#																				#
# Here you set the path where you want to compile the source to.				#
# export_dir_main_guest		is your main Warband directory. The source will		#
#							automatically create the standard Floris directory	#
#							where you compile and build to.						#
# export_dir_custom_guest	is a custom directory of your liking. If you don't	#
#							want to compile to the standard directory, the		#
#							source will compile to this one.					#
# If you need examples, please scroll down for the directories the devs use.	#
# Make sure you use forward slashes (/) and NOT backward slashes (\).			#
#################################################################################
export_dir_main_guest					= "E:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/mountblade warband/"
export_dir_custom_guest					= "./Floris 2.53 HT Edition/"
# Don't change anything below this point unless you know what you're doing.		#

# Here are the directories used by the devs of the Floris Mod Pack.				#
# Monnikje:
export_dir_main_monnikje				= "C:/lan/Mount&Blade Warband 1.153/"
export_dir_custom_monnikje				= "./Floris/"
# Duh:
export_dir_main_duh						= "C:/Users/Duh/Desktop/Mount&Blade Warband 1.151/"
export_dir_custom_duh					= "./Floris Expanded Mod Pack 2.5/"
# Caba`Drin:
export_dir_main_caba					= "E:/Games/Mount&Blade Warband/"
export_dir_custom_caba					= "./Floris 2.5 Dev/"
# Windyplains:
export_dir_main_windy					= "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/mountblade warband/"
export_dir_custom_windy					= "./Floris Mod Pack 2.53/"
# Here are the some standard Warband directories.								#
# TaleWorlds normal install:
export_dir_main_normal					= "C:/Program Files/Mount&Blade Warband/"
export_dir_custom_normal				= "./Native/"
# Steam install:
export_dir_main_steam					= "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/mountblade warband/"
export_dir_custom_steam					= "./Native/"
# These are the standard directories where the different versions are build and	#
# compiled to. Changing this will affect the directories that are automatically	#
# created, so do so with care.													#
export_dir_basic						= "./Modules/Floris Basic Mod Pack 2.5/"
export_dir_expanded						= "./Modules/Floris Expanded Mod Pack 2.5/"
export_dir_gameplay						= "./Modules/Floris Gameplay Mod Pack 2.5/"
export_dir_native						= "./Modules/Native 1.153/"
# These are the directories where copies of the compiled files are copied to.	#
# It is important for the installer. Don't change this!							#
intern_dir_basic						= "../Compiled Files/Basic/"
intern_dir_basic_custom					= "./Compiled Files/Basic/"
intern_dir_expanded						= "../Compiled Files/Expanded/"
intern_dir_expanded_custom				= "./Compiled Files/Expanded/"
intern_dir_gameplay						= "../Compiled Files/Gameplay/"
intern_dir_gameplay_custom				= "./Compiled Files/Gameplay/"
intern_dir_native						= "../Compiled Files/Native/"
intern_dir_native_custom				= "./Compiled Files/Native/"
# This is the main folder where everything is compiled to. Don't change it!		#
export_dir								= "./"
# And here is the code which determines automatically what directory to use.	#
# First importing important python stuff:										#
import os
# Now check what directory exists, create module_info.py and write the right	#
# info to that directory. This is the exact reason why this file isn't called	#
# module_info.py anymore.														#
if os.path.exists(export_dir_main_guest):
elif os.path.exists(export_dir_main_monnikje):
else:
f.close()

I noticed that a bunch of compiled txt files got put in the /Floris Dev Suite 2.5/ folder. I don't think those are supposed to be there.

What does the error say when you run the compiler?  The text files are there because they get created there during the building process and then copied to their final location.  Since it compiled, but then didn't find a place to put them they stayed where they were.

You don't by chance have a "Floris <version> Mod Pack 2.5" folder anywhere that it could be sending compiled text files to, do you?

I don't see any errors from the batch file. D: It looks like it compiled properly, just like Native's batch file on a successful compile.

Windyplains said:
You don't by chance have a "Floris <version> Mod Pack 2.5" folder anywhere that it could be sending compiled text files to, do you?
Now that you mention it, it seems like it sent the files to the Floris module folder, because some of the minor modifications I made to the text files have been reverted to their original state. But I didn't notice because I was expecting it to create a new folder named "Floris 2.53 HT Edition" to differentiate my modifications from the official 2.53. Is there a way to stop it from compiling into the Floris Expanded Mod Pack 2.5 folder?

export_dir_expanded = "./Modules/Floris Expanded Mod Pack 2.5/"

Change that line to read what you want it to read perhaps.  Might have to ask Monnikje as he designed the changes to it.

Nope. It's still compiling into the Floris Expanded Mod Pack 2.5 directory. It's either info.py is being ignored, or there's a problem with the batch files. Not really a problem because I can just reinstall the original Floris into a new directory, so I still have a copy of the one without my modifications.

In any case, aside from the non-customized directory, the mods and compiling seem to be a success, and I started a new game and already see my modifications. :grin:

Hey guys, just got back into modding (after a hiatus caused by that out-of-nowhere update breaking everything). I've been going through the dev suite, adding some items and tweaking troops and module_scripts, and when I compile it spits out loads of the following error:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call first)
   File "xxx", line x, in <module>
	from process_operations import *
   File "...\Floris Dev Suite 2.53\process_operations.py", line 13, in <module>
	from module_items import *
   File "...\Floris Dev Suite 2.53\module_items.py", line 2554, in <module>
	modmerge(var_set)
   File "...\Floris Dev Suite 2.53\modmerger.py", line 297, in modmerge
	modmerge___(modcomp_name,var_dict)
   File "...\Floris Dev Suite 2.53\modmerger.py", line 239, in modmerge__
	_temp.__dict__[mergefn_name](var_dict)
   File "...\Floris Dev Suite 2.53\tournament_items.py", line 151, in modmerge
	modmerge_items(orig_items)
   File "...\Floris Dev Suite 2.53\tournament_items.py", line 140, in modmerge_items
	num_appended, num_replaced, num_ignored = add_objects(orig_items, items)
   File "...\Floris Dev Suite 2.53\util_common.py", line 65, in add_objects
	find_index = list_find_first_match_i(dst_objects, add_objects[i][0]);
   File "...\Floris Dev Suite 2.53\util_common.py", line 44, in list_find_first_match_i
	if (object[0].lower() == object_id_lowercase):
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'lower'

(Edited the text a little - the "file" at the top seem to be each and every process_ file in the mod, with a different error line for every file)

It also will throw in one random error about Huscarls not having their custom shield defined, but I chalk that up to the previous error (which starts almost as soon as the compilation) borking the item_kinds so that the shield really isn't defined.

I've been able to get the mod compiled before (back in 2.5), and all the Google results I've seen for that error indicate some kind of general muck-up (ie. var declared twice in a file, dependency not installed, stuff like that). Anyone have any ideas that may shed some light on this?

It appears the tournament items file is having trouble trying to merge the items into the module_items.py list.  That function uses a function Caba added to modmerger so if you're using an old copy of the Floris source maybe that is the problem.  You may just need to update your modmerger files using the current 2.53's dev suite.

If that doesn't work you could copy all of the items from the tournament_items.py file to the end of your module_items.py file (BEFORE) "items_end".  Then remove the tournament_items.py file entirely so modmerger doesn't even see it.  That might resolve your problem.

Well, I already have the latest Dev Suite, so it *shouldn't* be an incompatibility thing.

I tried the second piece of advice, and now the compiler is spitting out "'itm_trade_dummy01' is not defined" and "'itm_ar_pla_tun_tunic' is not defined" errors. Still getting the "'itm_sh_nor_huscarl' is not defined" from earlier, too. And yes, they are in the file, and as far as I can tell they have good syntax. Does this version of the compiler like to randomly drop lines from module_items? Or is it trying to pull bits from the standard item_kinds instead of compiling?

No, I've only added things to module_items and module_troops (and all of those were modifications of what was already there - no custom textures, meshes, models, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom