43rdBW Highlanders

Users who are viewing this thread

Erm, hate to break it to you but there is already a very well established Black Watch regiment in the community.

Lloydski said:
Erm, hate to break it to you but there is already a very well established Black Watch regiment in the community.
yeah but you can still be the 43rd highlanders just not the black watch

hudson57 said:
Lloydski said:
yeah but you can still be the 43rd highlanders just not the black watch

Hence why I said Black Watch and not 43rd....? =|

The 42nd Black Watch were first named and numbered as the 43rd. However, in during the 1745 the Regiment was renamed as the 42nd. During the Napoleonic Wars there was no 43rd Highland Regiment. However there was the 43rd Monmouthshire Regiment (though I think this is already taken within the community).

Sorry.

There is a 00th Intergalactic Space regiment out there..Whats the problem with him having the 43rd Black Watch? As you said there is an existing regiment called 42nd Black Watch, to my knowledge, the numbers 43 and 42 are different. The only problem I see that this regiment will encounter with its name will be if they can get permission from the 43rd Monmouthshire to also use the 43rd tags.

Anyway, good luck!

The other 43rdBW Post is us we disbanded and are coming back together again from a few regiments

@Murphy becouse the epithet "Black Watch" (during the Napoleonic Wars) was only used for the 42nd Regiment of Foot. We'd have yet another unhistorical Highland Regiment.

CHARLES111MAC said:
Celtichugs said:
@Murphy becouse the epithet "Black Watch" (during the Napoleonic Wars) was only used for the 42nd Regiment of Foot. We'd have yet another unhistorical Highland Regiment.
But this is a game not every regiment has to be correct.

I agree, it's personal preference as to whether your regiment wishes to be historical or not.

Historical or not, we still have KILTS!  How long I have yearned to feel the chilling air against my crack whilst in battle

Back
Top Bottom