Warface - Crytek's new Free to Play FPS

Users who are viewing this thread

greatsword

Sergeant Knight
Surprised no one has made a thread about this yet as it's been getting rather a lot of popularity at E3 as of late. Developed in Russia with the CryEngine, it is out now in Russia, but I believe a version can be obtained with English translation.
The game focuses on small-scale infantry combat on Call of Duty-esque maps, but with some features of Battlefield (Revives, Ammo/health supply etc.) and is fairly teamplay based. Examples of this include Co-op wall vaulting and repairing your teammates body armour.
As a Free to Play the game will focus around micro-transactions but will not adopt the 'Pay to unlock all the best guns' system, however you can also earn such currency in-game.
Anyway some links:
The game's website and more info
Some Gameplay

Warf.jpg
Warf Ace!

Grammatical errors can be excused for the purposes of comedy. As for the game I'm not so keen on what I see yet but I look forward to giving it a go and getting a feel for some of that old fast paced action I used to crave.

Free to play fps games are never any good is why nobody made a thread. Not really new if it is already out too  :roll:

Waaaaiiit, I didn't say that.

Alright, I'll expand on my generalized statement.

I've played, Bf: BC 1, Bf: BC 2, Bf 3 and a few of the COD: MW games. Now, I admit that's far from all of them and there are a few out there that really try to distance themselves but the ones I just listed all played pretty much the same without many differences in terms of gameplay (that were obvious (not including the different vehicles, etc)). This game doesn't look much different from them but it does look fun to me, like the games I listed were fun... For a few days. I doubt this will be any different in that regard. But...

...it's from Crytek and I ****ing love Crysis 1 and Warhead.

Uh, alright, have fun.

I've said my piece which pretty much boils down to: this doesn't look much different from any other FPS of modern setting that I have played but it does look fun. However that fun wouldn't last all too long.

But I think the main reason I want to play this is that I'm wanting Crytek to produce something at least as half as good as Crysis 1.

Havoc said:
this doesn't look much different from any other FPS of modern setting that I have played but it does look fun. However that fun wouldn't last all too long.

It looks fun to me in the same way Killing Floor is fun. It has co-op that you can play with 5 people according to that video, so you get some friends together on the spot, load up, play a mission or two, and put it back on the shelf for a week. I won't lie, though, I'm definitely signing up for the beta just because that video showed a pistol with a bayonet. I want a pistol with a bayonet.

Kevlar said:
Free to play fps games are never any good is why nobody made a thread. Not really new if it is already out too  :roll:
It's only out in Russia and even then it's in beta (I think?). It's not even released officially in Europe or America yet so I think that qualifies it being called 'new'.

Also out in China (South Korea I thought too). Seen a video for this over a year ago. Hmmmm :

In August 2011 Crytek announced that the game would be hitting the Western markets in 2012.[3] It was announced in February 2012 that Nexon will be publishing the game in South Korea and Taiwan.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warface

Back
Top Bottom