[NEW RELEASE SEPTEMBER 13 V1.2]Blue Blood - Description and Downloads

Users who are viewing this thread

I like Tabula Rogeriana better, but it is up to you what pictures you want to choose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabula_Rogeriana

Udud said:
The battle of Arsuf belongs to Osprey, and that Russian/Cuman battle is made by a Russian, which means it is under Russian copyright law which I know nothing about, and those were just the two I did searches on, overall I am just not willing to take the risk, as little or non-existing as it may be.
Well, I'm not sure if this mod is a subject to copyright laws.
Because, if I'm not mistaken, if something is made without the purpose of financial gain (like this mod) then it shouldn't have problems with copyrighting.
For example, a fan film called The Hunt for Gollum. It used a story from the Tolkien's books, borrowed a visual style from the Peter Jackson LotR films, and even had the same props (weapons, clothes, etc.) from the Lord of the Rings films.
So, it would be logical that the makers of that film are knee-deep in trouble.
But, since that film is freely distributed - it means that it made no money, which means that technically, the copyright law doesn't apply to it.
The same thing is with this mod - it's freeware, and I see no obstacle in using the stuff that you can already find easily on the internet.
Udud said:
I really like that picture of a dove that was posted earlier, that's my idea of a new main menu :grin:
Are you sure it ''fits'' for the Main Menu?
Although I like it very much, I would suggest something war-related to be put on the Main Menu, because this is a war game.
The Dove is great as an irony/paradox (a peace symbol in a war game) and thats why it should be placed elsewhere, maybe as one of the loading screens or something.
However, the final choice is up to you.
NikeBG said:
Chariots were still used as a means of transportation, but rarely in battle. I only remember one case in Bulgarian history, when Tsar Konstantin Tih Asen (1257-127:cool: was lamed in a hunting accident and had to go to war in a chariot (and was slain "like a sacrifical lamb" by the peasant king Ivailo). But that's rather an exception.
Mihailo, obscure enough for you? :wink:
Not really, no. :wink:
Out of all BG rulers, Konstantin Tih's life is probably the one of which I know the most.
It's because his accident in the hunt has influenced one of our own rulers to quit the throne.
In 1282, our king Stefan Dragutin broke a leg while hunting. Since he knew that it also happened to Konstantin, he left the kingly throne to his brother, because he believed that God has punished him for snatching a throne from his father.

I'm afraid copyrights do apply to mods, which is why TLD and a number of other mods had to be hosted at the Exilian (and other) forums and not here. I mean, if you're not allowed to upload a video in YouTube (or at least show it in some countries), just because it has a few short seconds of a bird's cry which is somehow "copyrighted" by some big masthodon (that's happened to me, btw), then it's certainly the same with mods as well. With the obvious difference that, for now (thank goodness), those big companies haven't started scouring the modding areas in their search of prey.

And, wow, I learn something new from you quite often as well. Interesting story. Btw, throne-snatching seems to be a recurrent theme in 13th-14th century Serbia, no? :wink:

Copyrights do most certainly apply to mods, as inconvenient it is for us there is nothing to do about it.

Seriously, why did everyone in the medieval ages suck at drawing?

And by the way, Russian copyright law is pretty loose, I believe. That's why there are so many Russian scam sites and pirates on the loose.

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
I'd suppose it's due to lack of time and efficient tools.

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
And by the way, Russian copyright law is pretty loose, I believe. That's why there are so many Russian scam sites and pirates on the loose.

Heh, just cause it's "loose" doesn't mean we should exploit it.

Suspicious Pilgrim said:

show us what did you draw then! when i read this i thought you are leonardo da vinchi or picasso!

Gambino said:
Suspicious Pilgrim said:

show us what did you draw then! when i read this i thought you are leonardo da vinchi or picasso!

Don't spam.

Suspicious Pilgrim said:

I don't care if it is loose. I am not going to take the risk. The copyright discussion is getting moot because I am simply not going to use use any of the modern pictures.

first he insults nations of people who lived in medieval ages, then degrades the russian copyrights, and when i reply you say spam!

Yes, you come with utterly useless comments that does nothing but clock up the thread, which is why you're being watched, now let it be.

On a seperate note, I might postpone the release of the next patch a day or two to include Iberia.

Will Iberia be fully done with all factions? If not, you could just leave it for later releases, noone would mind...

Oh, could the player somehow be able to keep his forces in the field for longer than 3 weeks, like, if they could stay for another 3 weeks but with doubled wages?

Yes, all Iberia. The research is down I just need some coding to add them.

I am trying to replace "M&B Warband" with "Blue Blood" on the loading screens. If anyone knows of a nice font (and color to compliment it?) let me know. This is what I got so far.

picmenu.jpg

Udud said:
I am trying to replace "M&B Warband" with "Blue Blood" on the loading screens. If anyone knows of a nice font (and color to compliment it?) let me know. This is what I got so far.

picmenu.jpg

Question the font...it doesn't have to be an historically "accurate" one does it?

Wu-long said:
Udud said:

picmenu.jpg

Question the font...it doesn't have to be an historically "accurate" one does it?

What do you got in mind ?  :wink:

NikeBG, Udud, I am glad to read your posts about the Bulgarian presence in this mod. I think the idea to initiate the revolt and gain independence is great and can't wait to try it myself:smile: I lack moding skills and my knowledge of medieval Bulgarian warfare are quite limited, especially compared to NikeBG, but if you need help with some banners, I'll do my best to help.

Udud, I understand, it is quite annoying to be given suggestions on game mechanics, when they are already developed. Still I will throw in my ideas and I hope not to offend your work :smile: There have been many campaigns longer than 3 weeks, where levied solders took part. Just an idea is to trigger an event after 3 weeks of service. It would drastically reduce moral of levies and rise their upkeep. When you get this one or two times and don’t put some extraordinary effort to keep your troops inline, they will start deserting en masse. (I think in Brytenwalda, they replaced Prison Management skill with Entertainment - gives moral to troops each day of rest, while prisoner count depends only on army size)

Have you given any thoughts about the economics model idea?

About the font, I think Blue Blood looks good with those two:
http://www.dafont.com/salterio.font
http://www.dafont.com/fancy-card-text2.font
There are many more on that site, and I think they are free (just voluntary donation and credits).

http://www.fontspace.com/category/old%20english

Here are a few fonts of old english that you might use for the title, although I'm not too sure if it's historically accurate, but considering that most medieval manuscripts are quite unreadable to the modern eye ( http://year7historygr.edublogs.org/files/2010/11/initial_funeral_service-medieval-manuscript-2ez1aee.jpg ) , I think those would do.

Anyway, I'd rather see a realism mod that expends more on the varation of game mechanics such as cultural laws, crime or army recruitment (whats the difference to recruiting a freeman and a serf and as such). I think hunting deers were illegal as a commoner in England(or is that common law in the medieval ages?) at the time of the mod, maybe you can add such a mechanic. I'd like to see more focus and innovation at incorporating the fedual system of the medieval ages rather than accuracy on visual aesthetics or historical accuracy.

While Brytenwalda is a prominent historically accurate mod, it tends to cling onto the repetitious gameplay of Warband. I wonder how would yours stand out.

Back
Top Bottom