PW Crafting Armor Recipies

Users who are viewing this thread

Silversword said:
Posts like that should be insta ban. You got books in game to help people. Spoilers like that destroy the game.

Nobody is forcing anyone to use it if people want to play legit they dont have to use it.

_666_ said:
Nice reply Caell.  :roll:
So much for appreciating someones effort.
He has a point.

"My King! If we were to advance, we need a busy armory with lot's of skilled engineers. We will also need books; knowledge is power, my king".
"Nah it's alright, hold on a sec, I've it on a notepad file".

Troubles said:
He has a point.

"My King! If we were to advance, we need a busy armory with lot's of skilled engineers. We will also need books; knowledge is power, my king".
"Nah it's alright, hold on a sec, I've it on a notepad file".

Well, you can turn that around as well

"Durr, m'lord, despite me being a armorsmith since over 10 years, I suddenly forgot how to
forge. Must be that new version coming out, du-hurr."

Also, it sounds kind of silly to hear this in a court room:
"We will need books, m'lord. Knowlege is power."
"Noone in my kingdom is an experienced armorsmith? That's just sad.
We might as well surrender."

In medieval times there weren't even that many books, except the bible, and that one
only in latin until Martin Luther came around. (if we're taking the realism route here)

Though please make the colors in the armor list more diverse for iron

Serann said:
Also, it sounds kind of silly to hear this in a court room:
"We will need books, m'lord. Knowlege is power."
Well, yeah, that was silly; I was too lazy to think of something better.

But still, education was needed for advances in many fields, including crafting.

Edit: Although I'm not sure now what does the engineer/smith training really does... As you hinted earlier, they should know those things by now (or at least, know how to craft armors that are present in their cultures; Europeans learn how to craft European armors, easterns craft eastern armors, ..etc.).

Education was done from master to apprentice or father to son.
Barly anyone could read at all.

Serann said:
Interesting.
I guess our disagreement stems from our different perspectives (history and cultural differences). The way it worked here in the middle east is quite different.

Well yes, the middle east was culturally far more advanced.

Europe was not only experiencing a loss of knowlege because of the fall of the
roman empire, but also hat the catholic church, predicting that the end of the
world was nearby, and any advance in knowlege or technology was a waste of
time.

Lets get more practical:

Crafting needs ingredients.
Ingredients need free inventory slots.
Books also need inventory slots.

Anyway, funny how you guys always go quite off-topic and discuss whether its "historically accurate" or not.

Stop posting unless it adds something important associated to the topic, thanks.

_666_ said:
Lets get more practical:

Crafting needs ingredients.
Ingredients need free inventory slots.
Books also need inventory slots.

Anyway, funny how you guys always go quite off-topic and discuss whether its "historically accurate" or not.

Stop posting unless it adds something important associated to the topic, thanks.
there is nothing to add here.

_666_ said:
Funny how you guys always go quite off-topic
Ah, interesting. Quote me?
_666_ said:
And discuss whether its "historically accurate" or not.
You got that wrong. Our discussion stopped immediately after we both realized that our argument is going nowhere because of our differences in history. Before we realized that, each one of us was using what he thought to be "common-sense" in his argument.

So, you come after poorly reading what has been said, then you throw in a statement that I doubt you'll manage to prove, and afterwards, you ask us not to post "unless it adds something important associated to the topic"?
Buzz off...

Troubles said:
Serann said:
Interesting.
I guess our disagreement stems from our different perspectives (history and cultural differences). The way it worked here in the middle east is quite different.

This for instance..

Anyway, do not reply to this please.
In case it severely affects you feel free to send me a PM.

_666_ said:
This for instance..
Here, I'm ending the argument (not starting one..), and explaining why I thought the argument should end. As I stated earlier, I felt that the argument has to end once I realized that history plays a role.
_666_ said:
Anyway, do not reply to this please ... send me a PM.
It's more appropriate to reply here, given that I'm being addressed publicly here.
_666_ said:
In case it severely affects you.
The "funny how you always...etc." part pissed me off a bit, but that's alright; misunderstandings do occur. I guess it's time to move on, eh?

Back
Top Bottom