2012-06-09_00009.jpg

Village
2012-06-09_00012.jpg

Wilderness
2012-06-09_00013.jpg

2012-06-09_00010.jpg

Overhead
2012-06-07_00002.jpg

Note: these screens were taken with the Cinematic Compilation, found here -> http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,199149.0.html

Original Post
Now, since that stuff is out of the way, I'd like to mention that this map is nowhere near complete.
I have ~ 90% of the environment done, but no interiors and almost no functional items, E.g. Purchasables/mines/banners

This map currently has:
2 major castle Factions
1-2 potential "village" factions
2 Bandit Camps
1 Jousting Arena
1 Dueling Arena
a few secret things

I have done absolutely NO work on the economy for two reasons.

1. I never use it, and even if I hadn't spent the last several months away from this game, I would have no idea what values to set to (attempt to) please the masses.
2. Since I haven't used the editor in a long while I still need to reacquaint myself with the system.

TLDR, I'm taking suggestions and I would welcome any input especially from any experienced mappers.

Ahh, cinematic composition.
A screenshot's best friend.

Regardless I would recommend you focus on the economy first and foremost, even wiping the map if necessary. Stockpiles farther from their resource gathering points should of course have much higher prices. Also keep in mind areas where players will surely concentrate, remembering to pay close attention to details, symmetry, and older candies within those well-traveled areas. Thirdly and lastly, if you plan on this map having areas set aside for people to roleplay in ( taverns, etc. ) give people that would not normally come there incentive to do so, like perhaps putting books inside of taverns, etc.

Always keep it fresh, be as creative as possible!
Good luck!

~Guard_Whale_Tosser

Loving cinematic composition. The map looks well done, but from my experience, maps need to be remembered, and to do so, you need to add that little something. For example, a lot of Az's maps have little fun toys, like in his new map, the trolly type thing, the mead hall, and the island ruin castle. What makes a map are creative ideas. Good luck

Lovely looking map.
Although, from what I camp see, it won't cater to the castle wars type crowd. Which I think is good, personally.

The Bowman said:
Wouldn't it have been better to take the screenshots without the texture pack? Just since most of of don't use it.

Anyways, nicely done map.

Yes, but that would require me to remove the pack from my PW install OR to create a second one.
I suppose I can do a few stock screens, but It will be a little while before I get around to setting that up.

CiD seems... moody, and everything has a layer of filth on it.

It seems very dark ages, and it would make the world seem like a very unpleasant place I  think.

I like the more down-to-earth realistic feel that the Native textures simply don't provide. Even the player's naked feet are covered in dirt, that's my favorite part :grin:

The color of the grass in native hurts my head....  It just seems way too bright.

Back on topic though, Splintert, I know you've done some good work mapping for this mod, do you have any suggestions?

Great job sticking to one earthly theme. It gets annoying when a desert is placed right next to a tundra.

The Wilderness looks great btw.

Back
Top Bottom