Airsoft.

Users who are viewing this thread

im actually a marshall for first and only airsoft north. so i play quite often.

as for your gas question, yes its fine to use propane, you can get a nice sized canister of it from go outdoors for somewhere around 8quid. youll need the madbull propane adapter  to be able to use it, its about 12 quid from zero one, or fire support or wherever.

people say that propane breaks the plastic slide for gbbs, but honestly ive never seen it happen if your shooting under 328fps (which you should with a pistol) i use it with my tm glock and ive had no problems (infact im a cheepskate an i just scam gas of ppl because im not a big pistol user, so its had everything though it at one time). as for gbb rifles youll be fine and daddy using whatever, mostly...

396106_2975019298313_1477007684_n.jpg

I dabble in the sport, myself.

I hate how I can name almost all those guns too :/

Looked into airsoft before but its expensive in Canada (at least for decent guns). Stupid gun laws basically prohibit sale of replicas which is what 99% of airsoft seems like. For some reason though there are a bunch of places that sell real steel replicas that somehow get away with it. There is also a lot of them having the bottom of the barrel/frame having some form of clear siding so everyone essentially knows it isn't real.

Was in to paintball for a while but sold all my markers this year to buy a new car. Sucked selling my awesome pump shotgun too :sad:

307559_10150299484843561_145222128560_7665225_2209222_n.jpg

photobucket-20817-1322431204369.jpg

Rallix said:
I play Airsoft frequently.

rallix.jpg

rallix2.jpg
(Yes, I can aim down the sights with that mask on.)

Honestly, I don't know why people ever buy gas airsoft guns.
They're the least reliable type; leaking gas, unreliable at poor temperatures, usually shallow magazines, requiring something other than BBs to be purchased after use.

AEG or springer are the way to go.

Rallix, I as well have a Sig-551, and I can say they are awesome. Especially with a 9.4V battery. Mine was broken recently however as I broke my rule of not letting others use my guns(as they usually get broken) and allowed my friend to use it during an intense skirmish in which I was caught with only my co2 M1911 and 1 magazine. I had my spring l96 near me but it was not loaded.

All of my friends and I get together at a hosts house and have military simulations(which are incredibly fun) as well as skirmishes. Most of us have U.S. Army ACU's and we all have a nice collection of Airsoft weaponry.

So you guys cosplay as soldiers? Cool.

Chivalry: Why would you want to use our ACUs? They only work (supposedly, I'm not convinced) in Iraq, not a forest or some **** like that. MultiCam's a lot more effective pretty much everywhere else.

Rifleman said:
So you guys cosplay as soldiers? Cool.

Chivalry: Why would you want to use our ACUs? They only work (supposedly, I'm not convinced) in Iraq, not a forest or some **** like that. MultiCam's a lot more effective pretty much everywhere else.

Well first off, I hate multicams. Secondly ACU's actually blend in with surrounding environments a lot better than you would think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hItnMcn58RE&feature=fvwrel

This is the best airsoft gun I have seen in exsistence. At one point my group of friend and I were thinking about all pitching in and getting one.

You'd be surprised how much you realize that ACUPAT doesn't work when you wear one as part of your job. UCP was designed for one thing, and one thing only.

ACU_Couch.jpg

When the U.S. Army invades the land of couches, we will lead the way in UCP-patterned ACUs.

theres a reason we call acu gay see u.. it is utter papp, i play at an urban site and a woodland, acu works at niether. though does work in snow....

as for multicam or mtp (its english cousin) i hates it, its blugh and now every bloody airsofter is wearing it.. which is why im branching into ww2 airsoft. dont mind looking like everyone else to play ww2...

I did WW2 while I had the spare time. The best games I've been to, given that the majority of guys didn't have automatic weapons.

Speaking of WW2 guns, can anybody point me in the direction of a Mosin or Mauser springer?
It seems like nobody makes a plain, practical version of these.

I don't want to have to deal with stupid magazine set ups or shell-ejection. Just a regular low/mid cap magazine and spring action, please.

To be fair to ACU, it's marginally effective in some places. In Iraq, I'd assume it's somewhat effective (never went there though, so I wouldn't know). According to some of the guys I've talked to, it's more effective if you get it dirty and coated in dust. Apparently it makes the colors blend better.

It looks cool, but it's not as camouflage-y as it should have been. I have a hard-on for MultiCam though, I wish we'd just change all our uniforms and not just our Af-ghaney-stain uniforms to it. Partly because it works good.

@Seff: How's the Danish Army treat you guys? Our Army's been getting kinder and gentler in the last thirty years, and I don't like it.

Rallix said:
Speaking of WW2 guns, can anybody point me in the direction of a Mosin or Mauser springer?

I don't want to have to deal with stupid magazine set ups or shell-ejection. Just a regular low/mid cap magazine and spring action, please.
That's because nobody makes one, yet. Several versions of both are on the way.

Rifleman: More sensible, I would say. We still do tough stuff, but less nonsensical things. They don't try to teach us anything technical after depriving us of sleep, for example.

What I would like to get camo wize is something I saw while I went down to Fort Benning, Georgia to visit my brother who had recently graduated infantry training. It is a mix of a desert and an arctic camouflage.
http://onlyhdwallpapers.com/wallpaper/desert_camouflage_desktop_2125x1767_wallpaper-239862.jpg

http://www.kingsoutdoorworld.com/kow/wp-content/gallery/ss-effect/snow-shadow-effect01.jpg

Blur those two randomly together and you get it. It looks awesome but you would probably have to live in a desert/tundra to use it effectively. I could use it when it snows here, but recently it hasn't snowed much during the winter.

The U.S. Army is still as amazing as ever. The Marines are still dumbass jarheads. Navy is a bunch of ******s on a boat. Air Force is still cool. Navy Seals are still the only part of the Navy that are cool.

Chivalry: Dude, they're all still serving. In my opinion, the only people that can rag on other service members are service members themselves. Besides which, the Marines can't help the way they are.

@Seff: But it's building resilience and stress tolerance! :razz:

You can't say that you would turn down a chance if you were offered a chance to go to Ranger School (I'm pretty sure allied nations get to send troops to Ranger School)...would you?

Seff said:
Rallix said:

That's because nobody makes one, yet. Several versions of both are on the way.
I thought there were none. I was right.
But they're being made. Oh my.
gloriousb.png

Back
Top Bottom