Airsoft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Helix Falks

Squire
At the start of the year my friends and I (All veterans of many many paintball campaigns) decided to go and play airsoft at a UCAP site called the Bunker (A WW2 Bunker situated under Fort Widley in Portsmouth) We discovered that Airsoft trumps paintball in every aspect and is less painful both on ones body and wallet.

Living in the UK we needed a UKARA license to buy RIFs which we now have and as I have fractured my arm I decided to buy a Pistol the WE GBLK Hi-Capa 5.1

The problem is that the temperature in the bunker is always below room temperature and thus my Gas powered beauty misfires every other shot :sad:

A guy I was chatting too at work the other day suggested i use propane or butane gas, Has anyone ever tried this or have any advice on how I can boost the performance of my shooter?

Also anyone live in or around Hampshire and fancy giving Airsoft a go?

Im a paintball player, dont know much about airsoft, but I have a few friends who play..

My guess is you would burn through less Co2, if thats what you use, idk.

Airsoft is in a shady legal area right now in here. So it's hard to get going into it. I'd love to, however.

I play Airsoft frequently.

rallix.jpg

rallix2.jpg
(Yes, I can aim down the sights with that mask on.)

Honestly, I don't know why people ever buy gas airsoft guns.
They're the least reliable type; leaking gas, unreliable at poor temperatures, usually shallow magazines, requiring something other than BBs to be purchased after use.

AEG or springer are the way to go.

Rallix said:
Not springers, unless you're buying a bolt action Sniper. (Or if you're bat**** insane and run around the skirmish field with a Mosin-Nagant, using it as an assault rifle!)
I go Airsoft around South London area (Dorking and Epsom).
If you're looking for a pistol I would suggest KWA's latest CO2 range. They have really, the only descent variety in pistols and not just continuous M1911 and M9 clones. (By that I mean eastern block weapons and unusual weapons like the Kriss Super V and the Raffica)
http://kwausa.com/products/gbb/m93r-ii/

Rallix said:

rallix.jpg

rallix2.jpg
What the **** is that thing on your head? The only protection I wear (Or used to, when I still played) were simply glasses to protect my eyes.

Anyway, bolt-action rifles lead the way. VSR-10 here.

Comrade Temuzu said:
Rallix said:

rallix.jpg

rallix2.jpg
What the **** is that thing on your head? The only protection I wear (Or used to, when I still played) were simply glasses to protect my eyes.

Anyway, bolt-action rifles lead the way. VSR-10 here.
It's a full-face mesh mask. It's no plastic crap either; the mesh is steel.
I haven't been having any problems with BBs shredding, thank you.

Also, I always wanted a VSR-10.

Rallix said:
Honestly, I don't know why people ever buy gas airsoft guns.
They're the least reliable type; leaking gas, unreliable at poor temperatures, usually shallow magazines, requiring something other than BBs to be purchased after use.

People buy them because they are more powerful than most AEGs and faster firing than most springers. Most of the ones I have used have been Hi-cap of around 40 - 50 rounds which is plenty if you use trigger discipline.

I already own my Gas gun and 3 mags I shall be seeing how it goes down at the Bunker  this week end :grin:

Airsoft is the best.
427412_10150637061554275_36033112_n.jpg
I got all my friends hooked on that ****.

Back
Top Bottom