Author Topic: Historic Thread for Floris Workshop Development.  (Read 108829 times)

Windyplains

• Silverstag Dev Team
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • WB
Historic Thread for Floris Workshop Development.
« on: June 08, 2012, 04:10:40 PM »

Team Members
Windyplains
Dawg of War

Download: M&B Nexus
Bug Reports - Submit a Ticket!
Suggestions - Submit a Ticket!
And feel free to add comments to suggestion & bug tickets.

Silverstag Features

(click to show/hide)

Credits for Non-members

(click to show/hide)

Installation Instructions

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 02:06:01 AM by Windyplains »

Windyplains

• Silverstag Dev Team
    • View Profile
  • WB
Re: Floris Workshop (Alpha Testing)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 04:52:18 PM »
Version 0.14 - 3/10/13
(click to show/hide)

Version 0.13 - 3/2/13
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 08:47:03 PM by Windyplains »

Bankoleva

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 05:36:14 PM »
Version 0.12 - 2/13/13
(click to show/hide)

Version 0.11 - 2/12/13
(click to show/hide)

Version 0.10 - 2/10/13
(click to show/hide)

Version 0.09 - 1/24/13
(click to show/hide)

Version 0.08 - 1/21/13
(click to show/hide)

Version 0.07 - 1/17/13
(click to show/hide)

Version 0.06 - 7/20/12
(click to show/hide)

Version 0.05 - 7/15/12
(click to show/hide)

Version 0.04 - 6/26/12
(click to show/hide)

Version 0.03 - 6/22/12
(click to show/hide)

Version 0.02 - 6/18/12
(click to show/hide)

Version 0.01 - 6/8/12
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 05:29:41 PM by Windyplains »

Windyplains

• Silverstag Dev Team
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 05:40:26 PM »
Screw checking in... your on vaca... go enjoy yourself. Not like you get paid for this. All i ask is that you comeback refreshed and in great physical and mental shape to complete 2.6.... I'm jonesing man and i need my floris fix. I'll try and survive on this subpar version but there's only so long before i start going through withdrawal symptoms and go zombie like that freak in florida.
:lol:
You realize modding here is my addiction though, right?  Car trips and such provide an opportunity.  Outside of that...nah.

eastpaw

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • M&BWB
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 06:49:52 PM »
Vacation? NoOoOoOoOoOoOooo!

Just kidding. Enjoy yourself. :)

Lycanus Darkbinder

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 10:15:06 AM »
For folks information, after tomorrow I will be away on vacation for a week.

And by away on vacation I assume you mean locking yourself in a room with pizza & beer and finishing Floris 2.6, right? RIGHT !?!?

Seriously though, have fun and safe travels!

Duh

• Hyper-Masochist
  • Modification Area Moderator
  • Colorporosexual
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: Sir Simpleton
  • M&BWB
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 11:37:13 AM »
The time left until release is directly dependent on the amount of testers and the quality of their reports for this.

(click to show/hide)
Class - we haz it.
I hate when your tampon string gets lost in your inner labia.
There's a massive turd in my rectum that's really annoying me

Ferodaktyl

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 08:50:50 AM »
1.Access companion inventory option leads to a blank window that further leads to closing the game ( no possible action to be taken there, not even going back to previous menu)

2.Where is the damn battle map?

3. i set the upgrade items to the companions, and they prefer (for example) to keep a 14+6 armor instead taking a  21 one. ?!?
same for the 1h weapon (all type of damage selected), does the algorithm makes a  30/96/73 falchion weaker than a 27/99/95 sword?

edit : after battle, the companions don't upgrade at all ( no weapons, no armor, no hats). Is it a different upgrading technique than what we were used to?

edit 2 : one of the companion upgraded, the other not. Still testing.

edit 3 : when going to Camp menu - Companion Autoloot options and pressing Search player's inventory the game crashes, with Opcode 8 error. I tried to put the rgl_log here, but 413 Request Entity Too Large error?!
This are the last lines in rgl_log file ( i guess there are too many error lines  :roll:)
(click to show/hide)

here is all the file : http://www.2shared.com/document/JcWw6Fx-/rgl_log.html

4. After selecting the equipment for different types of battle (siege/field) i found myself empty handed in the field battle. I don't yet have tactics enough to choose anything other than Charge the enemy option, so this will subject to further verification.

5. No reports at all during battle or map travel. Not with the faction only notification option checked or unchecked. All other are checked in Game Options menu.

6. Collect all valuable items and leave ? More like leave all loot and go away empty handed. What is valuable and what is not? where do we set the minimum value?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 11:51:29 AM by Ferodaktyl »

Windyplains

• Silverstag Dev Team
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 01:19:47 PM »
1.Access companion inventory option leads to a blank window that further leads to closing the game ( no possible action to be taken there, not even going back to previous menu)
This and most of your errors are related to the rgl_log you posted.  You're not running warband through the warband script enhancer (WSE Loader) so all of the WSE related commands the game is getting it doesn't know what to do with.

2.Where is the damn battle map?
The one you can usually leave persistent?  I haven't included it yet.  I know, I miss it too so I'll patch it in the next version.

3. i set the upgrade items to the companions, and they prefer (for example) to keep a 14+6 armor instead taking a  21 one. ?!?
same for the 1h weapon (all type of damage selected), does the algorithm makes a  30/96/73 falchion weaker than a 27/99/95 sword?
This still could have something to do with the WSE issue as the autoloot system heavily relies upon it for getting item information, but at a glance I would say the system picked correctly.  The second sword does 3 less base damage, but has 22 more reach?  I'd take that trade.  Though this is also why I am hoping to get a good amount of feedback on the rating of items as tweaking it to prefer the damage a bit more or the reach a bit less is very easy to do at this point.

edit : after battle, the companions don't upgrade at all ( no weapons, no armor, no hats). Is it a different upgrading technique than what we were used to?
I'm assuming the WSE issue is the cause, but they've all had their "enable autolooting" turned on in their autoloot configuration settings?  That option is individual to each companion which may seem odd at first, but was done to make things faster later when you no longer want a companion to upgrade at all.

edit 3 : when going to Camp menu - Companion Autoloot options and pressing Search player's inventory the game crashes, with Opcode 8 error.

4. After selecting the equipment for different types of battle (siege/field) i found myself empty handed in the field battle. I don't yet have tactics enough to choose anything other than Charge the enemy option, so this will subject to further verification.
That's WSE not being loaded.  The inventory search menu is dynamically created by WSE...without you get a blank screen.

5. No reports at all during battle or map travel. Not with the faction only notification option checked or unchecked. All other are checked in Game Options menu.
I'm not sure I follow.  With that turned on you should still see factions declare war, peace, etc... just as a dialog message only.  The menu with their banners is what is suppressed.

6. Collect all valuable items and leave ? More like leave all loot and go away empty handed. What is valuable and what is not? where do we set the minimum value?
It collects anything > 200 denars in value.  This will be turned into a player configurable setting with a default of 100 denars with the next version.  I was trying to be kind on your inventory, but now that we have a storekeeper to hold the food and we're letting you pick a companion to be a quartermaster and carry the loot...it isn't needed to be that picky.  That won't be until v0.2 though.

Thanks a lot for playing around and giving feedback as it is greatly appreciated.  Also make sure you are using warband 1.143 (as WSE won't work with 1.153 yet) and start the game using the WSELoader.

Ferodaktyl

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 03:23:56 PM »
i AM using WSE
this is how i launch the game

maybe i should change the version, but this i used for 1.143
and this is wse_log.txt (2.5.2)
(click to show/hide)

edit : i see now there is  a 2.8.1 available, ill try this one

edit2 : ok, now i get the notification, and the first error, immediately after talking to the merchant and accepting the first quest
(click to show/hide)

and the second one when encountering a band of deserters :
(click to show/hide)

edit3 : during first battle and after, the reports disappear again.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 04:14:59 PM by Ferodaktyl »

Windyplains

• Silverstag Dev Team
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 04:25:24 PM »
Well that is odd then.  The mod uses WSE 2.7.1 so maybe that is the issue.  The scripts it can't map are not an issue.  I just didn't use them.  Perhaps the opcodes I feels are invalid were added in between 2.5 & 2.7.1.

WSE 2.7.1 was included in the rar file, right?

Ferodaktyl

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 04:47:26 PM »
i dl wse 2,8,1 and im running it currently wse 2.8.1.

so, i exit the game, i run it again and the reports on the map are there.
i enter a battle and the reports are gone. save, exit, run again -> ok 'till next battle.

Caba`drin

• Administrator
  • It's time to toss the dice.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Caba_drin
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 05:21:09 PM »
2.7.1 versus 2.8.1 shouldn't matter, but 2.5.2 definitely won't work.
(click to show/hide)

Ferodaktyl

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 09:38:05 PM »
it's working now
just remind me, how many activations left after the second ? 

edit : i've been playing around a little with the tournaments.
first, the opponents are more humane  :)  - i've won a few with random equipment on overhauled arenas, and guess what, on lower char levels, and i didn't dare before not check lace + horse
second, i'm not 100% sure, but i think i've won 2 prizes once
third, reinforced crossbow... not exactly sure, but it seems like the previous bug - thick horse and all
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 03:54:18 AM by Ferodaktyl »

Windyplains

• Silverstag Dev Team
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 12:52:06 PM »
it's working now
just remind me, how many activations left after the second ?
I am not sure what you mean here?

edit : i've been playing around a little with the tournaments.
first, the opponents are more humane  :)  - i've won a few with random equipment on overhauled arenas, and guess what, on lower char levels, and i didn't dare before not check lace + horse
second, i'm not 100% sure, but i think i've won 2 prizes once
Good to hear.  I have done a bit of tweaking to the AI scaling, but WSE opens up ways to manage the enemy troop stats that I did not have previously.  I would say the difficulty has shifted towards the level 15 range for an average player, but with the new options coming in 1.153 I will have a lot more control to scale things higher or lower.  I wanted to get the system back to a point where combat on foot, if your character has enough levels, becomes realistic.  So much of my testing has been as a two-handed great axe wielding nord on foot lately.

third, reinforced crossbow... not exactly sure, but it seems like the previous bug - thick horse and all
That should not have been possible as I believe that modifier only gets considered when upgrading armor or shields.  I will have to take a look when I return.  Overall they should be making more sense though, right?  If you play on the hardest difficulty and win each round the prizes far exceed previous versions.